Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum
http://forum.philboxing.com/

Penalosa-Rocha on Aug. 1
http://forum.philboxing.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=101571
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Wong [ Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:29 am ]
Post subject:  Penalosa-Rocha on Aug. 1

http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hu ... &cat=boxer

Seems like the fight is on. This is not the best fight for Gerry as we know. He's getting old and needs to fight for money and legacy. As far as I know, Gerry signed a seven-fight deal with GBP, and this should be the 6th fight. I just hope the fight will be cancelled for a better matchup for Gerry.

Author:  Dagul_Denboy [ Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Penalosa-Rocha on Aug. 1

http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hu ... &cat=boxer
LOOK!
Rocha is taking on Gabi as a tune up fight before he fights Gerry.
:biglaugh:

Author:  bugoyking [ Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Penalosa-Rocha on Aug. 1

i thought Gerry's going for the big money fights? Hmm...
Why not unify the belts in the Bantamweight?
Or atleast go for either Marquez or Vasquez then retire.

Author:  dakilah [ Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Penalosa-Rocha on Aug. 1

Why not Penalosa fight Hozumi Hasegawa who is the current WBC Bantamweigth Champion. Reasons

- Unification, WBC and WBO Bantaweight belts at stake
- Fame, I believe Hozumi Hasegawa has plans to fight in the US after his previous fight last week. Fighting in US gives WorldWide attention.
- Glory and Honor, both fighters are heros in their own native land, Gerry has never been stopped, Hasegawa has the longest winning streak of a Japanese Champion boxer, I believe 7th title defenses made.
- Money, both are champions so i guess money is not a problem.

Hasegawa has fought 7 foreign boxers in his when he became a champion, so I guess he will not duck our old fighting Pride, Penalosa.

Author:  dencioPT101 [ Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Penalosa-Rocha on Aug. 1

bugoyking wrote:
i thought Gerry's going for the big money fights? Hmm...
Why not unify the belts in the Bantamweight?
Or atleast go for either Marquez or Vasquez then retire.


what can he do? it seems golden boy is the one running the show.

Author:  luisivich [ Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Penalosa-Rocha on Aug. 1

dencioPT101 wrote:
bugoyking wrote:
i thought Gerry's going for the big money fights? Hmm...
Why not unify the belts in the Bantamweight?
Or atleast go for either Marquez or Vasquez then retire.


what can he do? it seems golden boy is the one running the show.


penalosa got affected by gbp and pacquiao breach. maybe pacquiao can drop a word or two in delahoya's ears.

Author:  dencioPT101 [ Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Penalosa-Rocha on Aug. 1

better yet he can just agree to fight those bums and after 2 fights, his obligations to golden boy is finished. he can then sign with bob arum so that he can get those blockbuster fights before he retires.

Author:  lestat [ Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Penalosa-Rocha on Aug. 1

This is the reason why boxers should not believe that Golden Boy Promotions is the saviour boxing and that they are the boxer's promotion. This is what they can do just like what they are doing to our very own Gerry Penalosa who happens to be just a good friend of Manny Pacquiao who in turn had a breach with GBP. GBP is also a corrupt organization run by a swiss banker not by a real boxing promoter. Good thing that Pacman is being handle by Bob Arum not by a false GBP.

Author:  kimbo$lice [ Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Penalosa-Rocha on Aug. 1

lestat wrote:
This is the reason why boxers should not believe that Golden Boy Promotions is the saviour boxing and that they are the boxer's promotion. This is what they can do just like what they are doing to our very own Gerry Penalosa who happens to be just a good friend of Manny Pacquiao who in turn had a breach with GBP. GBP is also a corrupt organization run by a swiss banker not by a real boxing promoter. Good thing that Pacman is being handle by Bob Arum not by a false GBP.




really...you are so dumb it would probably be better for you if you never ever post again...

first gbp gave gerry a shot at gonzales coming off a loss from ponce...how many people you know get a title shot coming off a loss?

second, all top rank has is juan ma lopez and he just became a champion...they have nothing to offer...zero....

gbp has all the opponents for both manny and gerry...wake up dumb people....hatton, oscar, jm marquesz, berrera, guzman, cassamoyor, juan diaz and co promoters of vasquez, r marquez, valero,

and top rank has who dummies? humberto soto?

Author:  kimbo$lice [ Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Penalosa-Rocha on Aug. 1

dencioPT101 wrote:
better yet he can just agree to fight those bums and after 2 fights, his obligations to golden boy is finished. he can then sign with bob arum so that he can get those blockbuster fights before he retires.




who can arum give him dummy? j m lopez...no one cares...no money and arce turned it down....so who dummy?

Author:  Tony [ Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Penalosa-Rocha on Aug. 1

Who da hell is Brocha? At the advanced age of Gerry, he needs named fighters like Juanma, Vasquez or Marquez.

Author:  lestat [ Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Penalosa-Rocha on Aug. 1

kimbo$lice wrote:
lestat wrote:
This is the reason why boxers should not believe that Golden Boy Promotions is the saviour boxing and that they are the boxer's promotion. This is what they can do just like what they are doing to our very own Gerry Penalosa who happens to be just a good friend of Manny Pacquiao who in turn had a breach with GBP. GBP is also a corrupt organization run by a swiss banker not by a real boxing promoter. Good thing that Pacman is being handle by Bob Arum not by a false GBP.




really...you are so dumb it would probably be better for you if you never ever post again...

first gbp gave gerry a shot at gonzales coming off a loss from ponce...how many people you know get a title shot coming off a loss?

second, all top rank has is juan ma lopez and he just became a champion...they have nothing to offer...zero....

gbp has all the opponents for both manny and gerry...wake up dumb people....hatton, oscar, jm marquesz, berrera, guzman, cassamoyor, juan diaz and co promoters of vasquez, r marquez, valero,

and top rank has who dummies? humberto soto?



FYI, Bob Arum has today boxing's go to guy, Pacquiao, Cotto & Pavlik and GBP has the most number of second rated boxers who can make a good competition. Dude, if you cannot respect the opinion of others, you better be not reading. We can exchange sensible opinions and be respectful at the same time, is it that hard to do. I guess a lot of people are really concern on what's happening to Gerry. Gerry is again already a world champion and yet he is getting unknown opponents plus the fact that he is on the last stage of his career. After the Gonzales bout, nothing is really significant. We all know that the best fight for Gerry is with the following big time fighters like Fernando Montiel, Jorge Arce, Rafael Marquez, Israel Vasquez or even with Juan Manuel Lopez.

Author:  kimbo$lice [ Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Penalosa-Rocha on Aug. 1

lestat wrote:
kimbo$lice wrote:
lestat wrote:
This is the reason why boxers should not believe that Golden Boy Promotions is the saviour boxing and that they are the boxer's promotion. This is what they can do just like what they are doing to our very own Gerry Penalosa who happens to be just a good friend of Manny Pacquiao who in turn had a breach with GBP. GBP is also a corrupt organization run by a swiss banker not by a real boxing promoter. Good thing that Pacman is being handle by Bob Arum not by a false GBP.




really...you are so dumb it would probably be better for you if you never ever post again...

first gbp gave gerry a shot at gonzales coming off a loss from ponce...how many people you know get a title shot coming off a loss?

second, all top rank has is juan ma lopez and he just became a champion...they have nothing to offer...zero....

gbp has all the opponents for both manny and gerry...wake up dumb people....hatton, oscar, jm marquesz, berrera, guzman, cassamoyor, juan diaz and co promoters of vasquez, r marquez, valero,

and top rank has who dummies? humberto soto?



FYI, Bob Arum has today boxing's go to guy, Pacquiao, Cotto & Pavlik and GBP has the most number of second rated boxers who can make a good competition. Dude, if you cannot respect the opinion of others, you better be not reading. We can exchange sensible opinions and be respectful at the same time, is it that hard to do. I guess a lot of people are really concern on what's happening to Gerry. Gerry is again already a world champion and yet he is getting unknown opponents plus the fact that he is on the last stage of his career. After the Gonzales bout, nothing is really significant. We all know that the best fight for Gerry is with the following big time fighters like Fernando Montiel, Jorge Arce, Rafael Marquez, Israel Vasquez or even with Juan Manuel Lopez.



once again you demonstrate how dumb you are...

go to guy? lets see oscar, hatton, mayweather i think have done alittle more and are bigger attractions then pac, cotto, and pavlik, even an ***** like you can see that....

moving on...montiel is fighting at 115 and has no interest in gerry nor does arci,,,,israel does not want to fight til next year....steve kim of max boxing said gerry vs rafi is in talks....

i read gerry is making between 150k and 175k for rocha....tell me genius what's wrong with gerry making a very good payday for an easy fight...at his age i say take as many easy fights as they will give him.....

remember if gerry was w bob arum he would never be champion....never given two shots like that at the title...also i read someplace that freddie roach his trainer/ manager said that top rank had passed on gerry because of his advanced age when freddy shopped him to top rank wen he came out of retirement...

Author:  Chups [ Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Penalosa-Rocha on Aug. 1

Please simmer down on the insults. Thanks.

Author:  dencioPT101 [ Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Penalosa-Rocha on Aug. 1

Chups wrote:
Please simmer down on the insults. Thanks.


i agree it seems to me mr. kimboslice here hasn't read the forum rules yet. you can give your opinion and disagrees with everyone elses without insulting or getting personal. this is just a forum, bro.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC + 8 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/