Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum
http://forum.philboxing.com/

Is Abner Mares ready to challenge Gerry Penalosa on Dec 6 ?
http://forum.philboxing.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=109256
Page 1 of 4

Author:  pilyo2bay [ Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Is Abner Mares ready to challenge Gerry Penalosa on Dec 6 ?

How about Penalosa vs. Mares guys? Do you think that this guy will give Penalosa a good fight? The very noted fight of Abner Mares was his smashing KO victory over our very own Diosdado Gabi. We all know that Gabi is also one of the hottest prospect among the pilipino boxers. Do you think Abner Mares will also beat Gerry by knock out? Gerry has no knock out loss in his entire career but sad to say he is already old. But if you are going to see his performance aginst vorapin it seems that Gerry can still fight the most toughest fighter in his division. Will Gerry take this fight lightly? :) :) :) :)

Author:  kiddynamitekwiki [ Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Is Abner Mares ready to challenge Gerry Penalosa on Dec 6 ?

In my opinion Gerry will give this kid a boxing clinic 101. :)

Author:  monkeybiz [ Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Is Abner Mares ready to challenge Gerry Penalosa on Dec 6 ?

If its on ...it will be Mares' big mistake i believe mares is good but its early for him to deal with Gerry....as for Gabi? who.? should i say, i heard he had some trouble within his stable or something against Vice Gov. Pinol and this guy is not in focus even before he fought Mares.
my 2cents

Author:  dsource1981 [ Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:56 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Is Abner Mares ready to challenge Gerry Penalosa on Dec 6 ?

I actually like this Mares kid a lot mga Pares. But yea even at his age a 100% conditioned Gerry may be too crafty for Abner. I like Mares more than BoomBoom and Donaire combined. Id rather see Boom Boom vs Mares. Whoever wins that bout I'll have reasons to be happy.

Author:  IronWood_Cebu [ Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Is Abner Mares ready to challenge Gerry Penalosa on Dec 6 ?

a good fight... basically because :

1) if gerry prevails, it will give him the boost and prove to all that he is not yet done and can still kick some young turd's @ss;

2) it will give mares the chance to up his stocks; with belt on the line pa.;

3) good for the fans as we can see a young kid and a rather old guy trying to prove something.

this is worth to watch.

Author:  elopac [ Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Is Abner Mares ready to challenge Gerry Penalosa on Dec 6 ?

mares will be in good fight..

Author:  elopac [ Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Is Abner Mares ready to challenge Gerry Penalosa on Dec 6 ?

mares will be in good fight..

Author:  superpatatas [ Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Is Abner Mares ready to challenge Gerry Penalosa on Dec 6 ?

kiddynamitekwiki wrote:
In my opinion Gerry will give this kid a boxing clinic 101. :)

I agree on this one.

Author:  pilyo2bay [ Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Is Abner Mares ready to challenge Gerry Penalosa on Dec 6 ?

IronWood_Cebu wrote:
a good fight... basically because :

1) if gerry prevails, it will give him the boost and prove to all that he is not yet done and can still kick some young turd's @ss;

2) it will give mares the chance to up his stocks; with belt on the line pa.;

3) good for the fans as we can see a young kid and a rather old guy trying to prove something.

this is worth to watch.


I really like the style of Gerry, both his defense and offense very nice to watch, it seems that boxing for him is quite easy. I expect this fight to be a good one because Mares is also an agressive fighter, he likes to fight toe to toe, lets see how Gerry can avoid Mares power shot. :) :) :)

Author:  EYB [ Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Is Abner Mares ready to challenge Gerry Penalosa on Dec 6 ?

what makes this fight interesting is on how nacho will handle penalosa.

Author:  Ring Warrior [ Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Is Abner Mares ready to challenge Gerry Penalosa on Dec 6 ?

pilyo2bay wrote:
How about Penalosa vs. Mares guys? Do you think that this guy will give Penalosa a good fight? The very noted fight of Abner Mares was his smashing KO victory over our very own Diosdado Gabi. We all know that Gabi is also one of the hottest prospect among the pilipino boxers. Do you think Abner Mares will also beat Gerry by knock out? Gerry has no knock out loss in his entire career but sad to say he is already old. But if you are going to see his performance aginst vorapin it seems that Gerry can still fight the most toughest fighter in his division. Will Gerry take this fight lightly? :) :) :) :)




Gerry will not only give this young kid a gud fight he'll give him a clinic and his first career lost. And gerry will be so gud on that fight that abner will think if he really got it in him (i.e. the desire,the skills and the passion) to go on fighting again. At this point in time, gerry maybe as old as mah wine on mah drawer but it would be the foolish decision any promoter or handler in gerry's weight div.to pit his fighter opposite mah main man gerry p. :biglaugh:

Author:  IronWood_Cebu [ Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Is Abner Mares ready to challenge Gerry Penalosa on Dec 6 ?

EYB wrote:
what makes this fight interesting is on how nacho will handle penalosa.


hmm are you saying that this is more of mares' trainer vs gerry rather mares himself vs gerry? :wink:

Author:  EYB [ Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Is Abner Mares ready to challenge Gerry Penalosa on Dec 6 ?

IronWood_Cebu wrote:
EYB wrote:
what makes this fight interesting is on how nacho will handle penalosa.


hmm are you saying that this is more of mares' trainer vs gerry rather mares himself vs gerry? :wink:


something like that sir. i will be more eager to watch the translation on every break on mares' corner. :D
mares will be fighting against wizard.

Author:  Retz [ Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Is Abner Mares ready to challenge Gerry Penalosa on Dec 6 ?

This is an interesting fight. Let's see if Mares is the real deal. :boxing:

Author:  LitMakuh [ Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Is Abner Mares ready to challenge Gerry Penalosa on Dec 6 ?

A good fight loom in the horizon . The champion choosing the most dangerous challenger available, is what makes it a fight worth to watch. It will surely go down to one of Gerr'y greatest performance win or loss. The age difference could mean advantage and disadvantage for both fighters. As age often comes with valueable experience and youth offers hunger and better physical condition.

I admire Gerry for taking on a very risky fight than going the easy way out.

Page 1 of 4 All times are UTC + 8 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/