Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:16 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:20 pm 
Lightweight

I sense it. Gerry is one hell of a fighter. Skill-wise even better than Manny but he is facing a relentless, talented, young, & strong Puerto Rican superstar who is the future of boxing. Juanma will even surpass the great Felix Trinidad in terms of achievement believe me.

Juanma via TKO inside five rounds! I hate to say it but there is no way he should lose to Gerry.

I am sorry guys for this one. Just my humble opinion. :-)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:23 pm 
Cruiserweight

wowieboy wrote:
I sense it. Gerry is one hell of a fighter. Skill-wise even better than Manny but he is facing a relentless, talented, young, & strong Puerto Rican superstar who is the future of boxing. Juanma will even surpass the great Felix Trinidad in terms of achievement believe me.

Juanma via TKO inside five rounds! I hate to say it but there is no way he should lose to Gerry.

:shock: :shock:
sure ka pappy??

Be strong when you are down, but be humble when you are up...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:28 pm 
Light Heavyweight

"Juanma will be the next Johnny Gonzalez" mark my word!!! :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:29 pm 
Heavyweight

boricuas will be saying juanma is past his prime if gerry wins.. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:35 pm 
Welterweight

delpilar wrote:

dont even start with the whole racial thing, its getting old.

O my soul, do not aspire immortal life, but exhaust the limits of the possible. -Pindar, Pythian iii

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:41 pm 
Heavyweight

wowieboy wrote:

We are about to find out.

For me, it's Gerry by KO in the late rounds.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:49 pm 
Welterweight

wowieboy wrote:
he is facing a relentless, talented, young, & strong Puerto Rican superstar who is the future of boxing. Juanma will even surpass the great Felix Trinidad in terms of achievement believe me.

i think so too. if he plays his cards right, he might even mirror the accomplishments of pacquaio. i see him moving up as high as light welterweight and collecting belts along the way. he was around the same age as our manny was when he started making waves and winning titles in the states.

a difficult matchup for our compatriot, but gerry is tough as nails, he should at least be able to test Juanma's stamina, the latter has never gone the distance against a quality fighter like our gerry.

O my soul, do not aspire immortal life, but exhaust the limits of the possible. -Pindar, Pythian iii

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:53 pm 
Heavyweight

philly shell wrote:
wowieboy wrote:
he is facing a relentless, talented, young, & strong Puerto Rican superstar who is the future of boxing. Juanma will even surpass the great Felix Trinidad in terms of achievement believe me.

i think so too. if he plays his cards right, he might even mirror the accomplishments of pacquaio. i see him moving up as high as light welterweight and collecting belts along the way. he was around the same age as our manny was when he started making waves and winning titles in the states.

a difficult matchup for our compatriot, but gerry is tough as nails, he should at least be able to test Juanma's stamina, the latter has never gone the distance against a quality fighter like our gerry.

With the caliber of fighters Juanma has fought, it's too early to tell. Although he does have the prerequisite KO power to make it to the top.

But I have a gut feeling that Gerry will knock him out and teach him a few boxing lessons in the process.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:55 pm 
Heavyweight

it would be anybody's fight. . . and Gerry has the tools to beat Juan Manuel :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:59 pm 
Heavyweight

philly shell wrote:
delpilar wrote:

for the ignorant,

puerto ricans call themselves boricuas as filipinos call themselves pinoys.

tell me where's the race? :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:02 pm 
Heavyweight

delpilar wrote:
philly shell wrote:
delpilar wrote:

for the ignorant,

OK :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:17 pm 
Heavyweight

Juanma's only chance of winning is to run and not get KO'ed, just like Ponce de Leon ... once they sense that Penalosa is super-dangerous, just waiting, this is what they do, run !

Then hometown will give Juanma the win. He is the champion after all, and he is entitled to run :-).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:21 pm 
Light Heavyweight

both are good. both have a chance. :D

CATCHY IT AINT ???

Our universe is one of the Billion universes out there.......

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:40 pm 
Welterweight

delpilar wrote:
philly shell wrote:
delpilar wrote:

for the ignorant,

WOW! you must be a real genius to know that, huh? please forgive my ignorance, omniscient one. i shall echo the words of the great Socrates when i say "I know nothing."

thank you for enlightening this ignorant fool, your intelligence, my heart and mind are brimming with gratitude because of that.

yes, i was mistaken. i casually used the word "race" instead of "nationality," oh how stupid am i? forgive me for i am not as smart as you are, oh distinguished one.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:58 pm 
Welterweight

delpilar wrote:
philly shell wrote:
delpilar wrote:

for the ignorant,

thanks Einstein, but J-lo already taught me the meaning of that term back in '99. tell me, isn't it funny how some people are just so incredibly full of themselves that they think they're the only ones who know the simplest things. hilarious, isn't it? :lol:

oh and about the race thing, my mistake, i should have been more precise and used the term "nationality," i just assumed you'd have the common sense to figure that out. lol.

i just have an aversion for those who lump people up according to gender, race or nationality, particularly in the context of trash talk. you see, i have this penchant for political connectedness and interracial harmony.

Last edited by philly shell on Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.