Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:31 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:59 pm 
Heavyweight

Power alone is not enough.

Master Gerry by TKO.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:07 am 
Middleweight

wowieboy wrote:
I sense it. Gerry is one hell of a fighter. Skill-wise even better than Manny but he is facing a relentless, talented, young, & strong Puerto Rican superstar who is the future of boxing. Juanma will even surpass the great Felix Trinidad in terms of achievement believe me.

Juanma via TKO inside five rounds! I hate to say it but there is no way he should lose to Gerry.

I am sorry guys for this one. <a onMouseOver="javascript:window.status='just my';return true;" onMouseOut="javascript:window.status='';return true;" href="http://dingalone.info/?v=4%2E05&ss=just+my">Just my</a> humble opinion. :-)

Only time will tell how great Juanma will be..
I still say this bout can go either way..juanma may be strong, fast but gerry is more skillful, durable vet and can pop too..I think if gerry can penetrate more inside and work on the body, he has a good chance like what he did to gonzales.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:48 am 
Strawweight

:lol: :shock: :o

YOung yes but too good i dont think so!!
-Mejo may edad n lng si gerry.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:00 am 
Heavyweight

philly shell wrote:
delpilar wrote:
philly shell wrote:

dont even start with the whole racial thing, its getting old.

for the ignorant,

puerto ricans call themselves boricuas as filipinos call themselves pinoys.

tell me where's the race? :lol:

thanks Einstein, but J-lo already taught me the meaning of that term back in '99. tell me, isn't it funny how some people are just so incredibly full of themselves that they think they're the only ones who know the simplest things. hilarious, isn't it? :lol:

oh and about the race thing, my mistake, i should have been more precise and used the term "nationality," i just assumed you'd have the common sense to figure that out. lol.

i just have an aversion for those who lump people up according to gender, race or nationality, particularly in the context of trash talk. you see, i have this penchant for political connectedness and interracial harmony.

i don't need to be an einstein to point out your ignorance......

but you can be a fool if you continue to explain your ignorance. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:25 am 
Light Heavyweight

nope.. . . . maybe too young, too strong but never too good. . .
slim chance for gerry but a chance none the less

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:46 am 
Welterweight

yup.. I agree with the ts. gerry is way to sloooow for juanma. i cannot forget the gerry/ponce deleon fight. for every 10-15 punches thrown by pdl, gerry only threw 1 (or theres about). and gerry is absolutely clueless with movers. as soon as pdl started moving, gerrys connect rate was almost completely nullified.

we all saw how juanma overwhelmed pdl in one round. and he showed pretty good accuracy. against gerry, i think hell outpoint and outscore gerry in most if not all rounds making it a shutout or a very wide points victory. if the fight ends in a ko/tko, i also think itll be juanma winning in that fasion. but of course theres always a lucky punch that gerry can land, like he did with gonzalez. and it was a lucky punch, thats why he never fought gonzalez again. he was getting shut out until that one punch. but i think gerrys luck ran out with gonzalez.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:59 am 
Welterweight

Geery is more of a low rate / high accuracy type of boxer. PDL doen/t even have lateral movement up his waist unlike Gerry, having said that even if Gerry stands toe to toe with Juanma, that may even be a blessing for Gerry, Gerry is up there when it comes to counter punching

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:49 am 
Light Heavyweight

delpilar wrote:
i don't need to be an einstein to point out your ignorance......

but you can be a fool if you continue to explain your ignorance. :lol:

wak mo ng patulan yan
maubusan ka pa ng dugo kaka nosebleed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:25 am 
Lightweight

this fight is for juanma to lose. though gp has never been ko'ed and superior to jml in defense, youth and speed wins this one. i wish to be wrong, though.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:27 am 
Featherweight

delpilar wrote:
philly shell wrote:
delpilar wrote:
boricuas will be saying juanma is past his prime if gerry wins.. :lol:

dont even start with the whole racial thing, its getting old.

for the ignorant,

puerto ricans call themselves boricuas as filipinos call themselves pinoys.

tell me where's the race? :lol:

yeah, Boricua is not a racial slur.It is actually a name of endearment for Puerto Ricans.BTW, may the best man win.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:37 am 
Lightweight

:throwup:

:chainsaw:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:52 am 
Middleweight

Gerry is a very tactical, Intelligent fighter a very sharp/accurate counter puncher.

if JuanMa will not train hard for this fight (which he should be)

Gerry will face the same fighter like Johny Gonzales.

JuanMa will have his Acid Test on this Fight.

I'll say Gerry by Late KO

they only thing that bother me with Gerry is his Age.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:04 am 
Lightweight

Gerry Never ever thrive on a lucky punch.

I've followed his fights from way back in the 90s.

His punch rate is low, that's because he patiently waits, for that perfect opening.

But every KO was deliberate and carefully crafted, and was never "gung-ho lucky".

Gerry finds it difficult to get going against tall "jab-run" long-armed opponents.

But Juan Ma is'nt one. JML will oblige....in the middle of the ring.

Now Picture this, JML is a Lefty.....in front of Gerry....

Puerto Ricans will be shocked and awed.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:47 am 
Welterweight

eldonboxer2 wrote:

yeah, Boricua is not a racial slur.It is actually a name of endearment for Puerto Ricans.BTW, may the best man win.

yes, i've listened to enough J-Lo and Fat Joe songs to know that by now. what i dislike is lumping people up according to nationality. its the type of thing that starts those childish cussfests here and on youtube. that's what im trying to avoid.

but yes, mr. delpilar, i am ignorant and you are smart.

O my soul, do not aspire immortal life, but exhaust the limits of the possible. -Pindar, Pythian iii

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:08 am 
Heavyweight

wowieboy wrote:
I sense it. Gerry is one hell of a fighter. Skill-wise even better than Manny but he is facing a relentless, talented, young, & strong Puerto Rican superstar who is the future of boxing. Juanma will even surpass the great Felix Trinidad in terms of achievement believe me.

Juanma via TKO inside five rounds! I hate to say it but there is no way he should lose to Gerry.

I am sorry guys for this one. Just my humble opinion. :-)

well you are entitled to it... :D

imo we still don't know if juanma is the real deal...

he might get exposed by gerry if he thinks he could just simply ktfo out of gerry...

underestimating gerry would could lead to his downfall.... as for juanma surpassing felix trinidad? not quite yet, JUANMA'S BIGGEST WIN TO DATE IS AGAINST PONCE, comparing him to felix in terms of achievements is premature........

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next