Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:04 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:12 am 
Heavyweight

Spectator wrote:
yup.. I agree with the ts. gerry is way to sloooow for juanma. i cannot forget the gerry/ponce deleon fight. for every 10-15 punches thrown by pdl, gerry only threw 1 (or theres about). and gerry is absolutely clueless with movers. as soon as pdl started moving, gerrys connect rate was almost completely nullified.

we all saw how juanma overwhelmed pdl in one round. and he showed pretty good accuracy. against gerry, i think hell outpoint and outscore gerry in most if not all rounds making it a shutout or a very wide points victory. if the fight ends in a ko/tko, i also think itll be juanma winning in that fasion. but of course theres always a lucky punch that gerry can land, like he did with gonzalez. and it was a lucky punch, thats why he never fought gonzalez again. he was getting shut out until that one punch. but i think gerrys luck ran out with gonzalez.

how many landed clearly by ponce? :biglaugh:

gerry p threw 1 or 2 punches but were landing at will... ringside observers thought gerry won that fight...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:23 am 
Heavyweight

prujosh wrote:
Gerry Never ever thrive on a lucky punch.

I've followed his fights from way back in the 90s.

His punch rate is low, that's because he patiently waits, for that perfect opening.

But every KO was deliberate and carefully crafted, and was never "gung-ho lucky".

Gerry finds it difficult to get going against tall "jab-run" long-armed opponents.

But Juan Ma is'nt one. JML will oblige....in the middle of the ring.

Now Picture this, JML is a Lefty.....in front of Gerry....

Puerto Ricans will be shocked and awed.

and GP eat southpaw for his breakfast.. :mrgreen: GP by KO before rnd. 9

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:30 am 
Heavyweight

Spectator wrote:
yup.. I agree with the ts. gerry is way to sloooow for juanma. i cannot forget the gerry/ponce deleon fight. for every 10-15 punches thrown by pdl, gerry only threw 1 (or theres about). and gerry is absolutely clueless with movers. as soon as pdl started moving, gerrys connect rate was almost completely nullified.

we all saw how juanma overwhelmed pdl in one round. and he showed pretty good accuracy. against gerry, i think hell outpoint and outscore gerry in most if not all rounds making it a shutout or a very wide points victory. if the fight ends in a ko/tko, i also think itll be juanma winning in that fasion. but of course theres always a lucky punch that gerry can land, like he did with gonzalez. and it was a lucky punch, thats why he never fought gonzalez again. he was getting shut out until that one punch. but i think gerrys luck ran out with gonzalez.

I advise you to watch the GP/DPDL, GP/JG over and over again.. :mrgreen: JMM even admire the work of GP against DPDL, remember were just a casual fans but JMM is a boxer himself.

LUcky my azz! GP hit that spot over and over before the pain...nahh down he goes hehehe.. just take my advise buddy.. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:01 am 
Cruiserweight

wowieboy wrote:
I sense it. Gerry is one hell of a fighter. Skill-wise even better than Manny but he is facing a relentless, talented, young, & strong Puerto Rican superstar who is the future of boxing. Juanma will even surpass the great Felix Trinidad in terms of achievement believe me.

Juanma via TKO inside five rounds! I hate to say it but there is no way he should lose to Gerry.

I am sorry guys for this one. Just my humble opinion. :-)

i don't agree with this argument... how come he (GP) is better than Manny....?
Nevertheless .... if and only Gerry has the speed i might go for him. He is too slow... for Juan, maybe he got the timing and accuracy but it's not enough for him to win this fight... i like Gerry to win but i think this mission is impossible.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:49 am 
Heavyweight

i'll go with juanMa too..GP is too slow and juanMa is really tough and strong..
first ko loss for gerry..juanMa by first round KO!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:04 am 
Welterweight

gerry will be one of the old fighters to beat young boxers :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:51 am 
Light Heavyweight

or gerry is too good for Juan ma :D

CATCHY IT AINT ???

Our universe is one of the Billion universes out there.......

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:07 am 
Lightweight

PHILLY SHELL napahiya kalang ang dami mu ng cheche burecheng pinag sasabi,,meron kapang pa j-lo j-lo,,pati c einstein dinamay mupa,,bat di mu isali c ernie baron!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:55 pm 
Welterweight

llemonwire wrote:
PHILLY SHELL napahiya kalang ang dami mu ng cheche burecheng pinag sasabi,,meron kapang pa j-lo j-lo,,pati c einstein dinamay mupa,,bat di mu isali c ernie baron!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

kasi laging hinihiyaw ni J-Lo sa umpisa ng mga kanta nya at pag concert "Boricuas!" kasi Puerto Rican siya. kaya ni-research ko yung meaning nung salita, and lumabas na yun nga ang tawag sa kanila. kaya ko alam yun.

pero oo, saksakan ng ignorante ko talaga. turuan mo naman ako.

O my soul, do not aspire immortal life, but exhaust the limits of the possible. -Pindar, Pythian iii

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:05 pm 
Welterweight

llemonwire wrote:

yun namang "einstein" ay dahil talaga namang napakatalino ni delpilar at alam nya ang kahulugan ng salitang yon. siguro henyo sya. oo, palagay ko miyembro siya ng MENSA, mahanap nga siya sa susunod na pagtitipon. kung pwede ko lang sana siyang maging master, walang hanggang kasihayan ang madarama ko.

O my soul, do not aspire immortal life, but exhaust the limits of the possible. -Pindar, Pythian iii

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:40 pm 
Light Heavyweight

The sword cuts in both ways so the fight can go either way but gerry has an outstanding defense and a lot of experience. Juanma will be put into test in this fight if he can KO an elite fighter like Gerry. Trust Me. :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:12 pm 
Heavyweight

philly shell wrote:
llemonwire wrote:

yun namang "einstein" ay dahil talaga namang napakatalino ni delpilar at alam nya ang kahulugan ng salitang yon. siguro henyo sya. oo, palagay ko miyembro siya ng MENSA, mahanap nga siya sa susunod na pagtitipon. kung pwede ko lang sana siyang maging master, walang hanggang kasihayan ang madarama ko.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:33 pm 
Heavyweight

That will be the other way around...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:11 pm 
Middleweight

wowieboy wrote:
I sense it. Gerry is one hell of a fighter. Skill-wise even better than Manny but he is facing a relentless, talented, young, & strong Puerto Rican superstar who is the future of boxing. Juanma will even surpass the great Felix Trinidad in terms of achievement believe me.

Juanma via TKO inside five rounds! I hate to say it but there is no way he should lose to Gerry.

obviously you don't know boxing that well, and perhaps never in your life participated in boxing or in any combat sports, your ignorance to the sports really shows in your pseudo-analysis, in boxing as long as both boxers were punching it is always 50-50 chance, and if you expect juanma will steamroll gp into submission or knocked him out is rubbisssh. also in boxing there is no sure outcome as long as the match is competetive meaning it is not a set-up, beside i do not see a humility in your opinion it is rather bold.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:35 pm 
Light Heavyweight

wowieboy wrote:

juanma is ahead in terms of power.
the rest goes to gerry.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next