Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:32 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:17 pm 
Heavyweight

DarkCloud wrote:
At 36, it is safe to say Gerry is in the twilight of his career. Though boxing critics may find it amazing to see a guy of his age fighting a younger and more explosive fighter, what amazes us more is his determination of wrestling another title. Personally, I would say, Gerry doesn't need to prove anything. With or without this fight, win or loose, he has sealed his legacy in Philippine boxing. But who are we to doubt the heart of a warrior and the wisdom in his decision. He simply wanted to end his career, or shall we say retire, with a bang. This may sound simple but if we are to consider the opposition, the hype surrounding JuanMa, most will probably say - Gerry has a slim chance of winning this one. I donno, but I have this strong feeling he'll get this one. He has to nothing to loose and I believe this makes him really dangerous.

TS, don't take offense but it's "lose," and not "loose." you need to brush up on your grammar/spelling. a thesaurus or a dictionary will be your best friend.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:46 pm 
Welterweight

Coya_Payter wrote:
DarkCloud wrote:
At 36, it is safe to say Gerry is in the twilight of his career. Though boxing critics may find it amazing to see a guy of his age fighting a younger and more explosive fighter, what amazes us more is his determination of wrestling another title. Personally, I would say, Gerry doesn't need to prove anything. With or without this fight, win or loose, he has sealed his legacy in Philippine boxing. But who are we to doubt the heart of a warrior and the wisdom in his decision. He simply wanted to end his career, or shall we say retire, with a bang. This may sound simple but if we are to consider the opposition, the hype surrounding JuanMa, most will probably say - Gerry has a slim chance of winning this one. I donno, but I have this strong feeling he'll get this one. He has to nothing to loose and I believe this makes him really dangerous.

TS, don't take offense but it's "lose," and not "loose." you need to brush up on your grammar/spelling. a thesaurus or a dictionary will be your best friend.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:55 pm 
Heavyweight

bumblebug711 wrote:

dude, it's not like i mean to offend the guy or anything, right? but some things are just more obvious than others. i'm no perfect writer either but least we can spell grade school-level words correctly and not look ridiculous to visitors from other sites.

but i definitely agree with the TS, Gerry has (almost) nothing to lose here. and just like 99.99% of other proud and nationalistic Filipinos, i also like Gerry to win. and not only do I think he can, I also am (almost) certain that he will.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:59 pm 
Welterweight

DarkCloud wrote:

okay if that's how u feel....Image

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:12 pm 
Heavyweight

josh.maldito wrote:

such a quality post.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:29 pm 
Heavyweight

Coya_Payter wrote:
DarkCloud wrote:

Point well taken but such error does not fall on grammar.

I Love You Longkalog71
I Love You Morpheus24

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:35 pm 
Heavyweight

bumblebug711 wrote:
Coya_Payter wrote:
DarkCloud wrote:

Another small fish trying to get my attention. You'll have your time lad, but for the meantime try to learn to express yourself sensibly.. 8)

I Love You Longkalog71
I Love You Morpheus24

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:44 pm 
Welterweight

Coya_Payter wrote:
josh.maldito wrote:

such a quality post.

nah i just don't concur with the TS opinion that a fighter with nothing to lose is very dangerous coz there's no basis at all (statistically at least) coz if what hes saying is true then challengers win most of the time right? since between the challenger and a champ its the challenger who has nothing to lose... but we all know its not the case. Take for example our very own Manny Pacquiao how many times did he fought against a challenger with nothing to lose? u do the math coz i lost count LMAOImage we all know those so called"nothing to lose" boxers end up kissing the canvas right? IMO wining is based on skill, style, motivation and certain amount of luck. I certainly don't think that a boxer that has nothing to lose is more motivated than a champ whose just starting to make a name in the world of boxing...

But then again i still wish GP the best of luck i wish he can pull this one off though my mind keep telling me its impossible i hope GP will prove me wrong...

okay now have some cake...Image

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:00 am 
Middleweight

TS, don't take offense but it's "lose," and not "loose." you need to brush up on your grammar/spelling. a thesaurus or a dictionary will be your best friend.[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Another small fish trying to get my attention. You'll have your time lad, but for the meantime try to learn to express yourself sensibly.. 8)[/quote]

this is pacland..you better get used to receive comments like these..
trans: wag mo nang patulan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6