Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:04 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:02 am 
Welterweight

helven wrote:
ftm wrote:
Guys, since I was a third year High School (1989) student, I was already following the sport of boxing, and I really know who really wins/loses fights. I know who wins/loses through robberies, and I also know that crystal clear Gerry Penalosa was really robbed.

Oh man, I thought you were already following the sport during Sugar Ray Robinson's time. :D
:peace:

Maybe, that's why I know Robinson is not the greatest of all time, it's Pacquiao BAI, mao nay tinuod BAI.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:03 am 
Heavyweight

ftm wrote:
helven wrote:
ftm wrote:
Guys, since I was a third year High School (1989) student, I was already following the sport of boxing, and I really know who really wins/loses fights. I know who wins/loses through robberies, and I also know that crystal clear Gerry Penalosa was really robbed.

Oh man, I thought you were already following the sport during Sugar Ray Robinson's time. :D
:peace:

Maybe, that's why I know Robinson is not the greatest of all time, it's Pacquiao BAI, mao nay tinuod BAI.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:07 am 
Welterweight

ladykiller wrote:
Well, another sad fight for Gerry. I thought he could handle Morel just fine. :(

yeah if he couldnt handle that kinda fighter im afraid it's the end for penalosa
:idea1001:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:13 am 
Light Heavyweight

ftm wrote:

im pretty sure until now, you are still in highschool. grow up,bro! its the judges and we have to respect their decisions. unless you are a highschool student who is a judge?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:22 am 
Middleweight

PinoyProdigy95 wrote:
Penalosa clearly won that fight. Morel was doing nothing special, while Gerry was on attack mode with vicious body shots in the last 4 rounds. It was a close fight because Gerry wasn't aggressive to start the fight, but he obviously won the majority of the rounds. A 115-113 or 116--112 decision for Penalosa would have been respectable, but those scores the other way..I just can't believe it. It wasn't a robbery, but it was a mistake.

It was a legal robbery or an intent mistake?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:23 am 
Heavyweight

Yes i think Penalosa won the fight, all he's punches are clean and accurate. All Morel do in the entire fight is to backpedal and always run. Also Morel is a cheater too coz he always goes holding on by hooking the arms or the head of gerry when he is in trouble and also the 2 headbutts, i think it's not an accident.

Muhammad Ali

CIA#07-10-012
PB#453

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:49 am 
Middleweight

Gerry has had a long brilliant career as a boxer. He has achieved what many boxers only can dream about. I know how that it hurts to see Gerry lose. We were all hoping that he will exit as a victor. But to me, there is no absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. He will always be remembered as a true champion that he is.

Don't be sore losers and let him retire with dignity. Accept it. He lost a good fight, period.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:32 am 
Cruiserweight

Watch the fight again that's all. From round 7 to 12 Morel is freaking tired not even brawling like what's he's doing on the first 4 rounds. 1 - 3 rounds goes for Morel 4-5 Even 6 - 12 Penalosa NO DOUBT. Watch the fight again, guess who's running away.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:54 am 
Middleweight

I watched it twice and it could really go either way. I scored it 114-144 draw. Some rounds are too close to call. Penalosa indeed landed the more effective punches but Morel was the busier fighter and was landing those jabs. Penalosa was tentative at times that it made it harder for the judges to score. It was a gallant effort by Gerry and we should be proud of it. However, I think calling the fight a robbery is not really a good word to describe the fight. Let's just say it was a very good and competitive fight.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:02 am 
Middleweight

gerry needs to call it a day. there's more to life after boxing for him

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:30 am 
Light Heavyweight

I got Gerry winning by 1 point. So sad the official judges were seeing a different fight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:43 am 
Heavyweight

http://www.maxboxing.com/news/main-lead ... oy-power-3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:38 pm 
Heavyweight

more:

maxboxing mailbag:
http://www.maxboxing.com/news/promo-lea ... y-mailbag3

in The Ring online:
http://www.ringtv.com/blog/1632/morel_b ... _decision/

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:49 pm 
Heavyweight

i see no robbery. i rooted for gerry but the fight was close and could go either way. we are not on the ringside and these judges know their business.

anyway, i hope gerry will retire now to keep his health intact. he has nothing to prove and his legacy is sealed.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:54 pm 
Welterweight

Im also a fan of gerry but i guess morel is to young for gerry he is really fast in running away from gerry :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next