Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:21 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:42 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Post your Dyan stuff ups during the commentary of the Invasion card here!
Anyone notice when interviewing Gerry post-fight, she called him Manny once!?!?! Honestly, i love Manny, that I think he should be interviewed after the fight, outside the ring. Megamanny did sort of steal the limelight!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:45 pm 
Middleweight

oo nga me pagkatanga yang si dyan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:50 pm 
Heavyweight

FiloBoxaDownUnda wrote:
Post your Dyan stuff ups during the commentary of the Invasion card here!
Anyone notice when interviewing Gerry post-fight, she called him Manny once!?!?! Honestly, i love Manny, that I think he should be interviewed after the fight, outside the ring. Megamanny did sort of steal the limelight!!!

Right . . . but the thing is . . . Gerry (without any hesitation) answered/responded. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:04 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Yeah luckily someone had their wits about em'!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:06 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Just remembered another one!
During the fight, Vorapin kept holding on to Gerry and then punching on the break, sneakily.
Dyan said: "pwede ba yun"?
:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:08 pm 
Heavyweight

Absent minded? :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:12 pm 
Heavyweight

FiloBoxaDownUnda wrote:
Just remembered another one!
During the fight, Vorapin kept holding on to Gerry and then punching on the break, sneakily.
Dyan said: "pwede ba yun"?
:lol:

Ronnie said: "Ikaw, pwede ba?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:33 pm 
Cruiserweight

ed balcos wrote:
Absent minded? :D

Yeah... all of them seems in panic when commentating.. RN calls AJ Bazooka as "Barrera", Dyan calls Herrera as " Si Uruguay", Sarmienta thought Herrera as Argentinian because of the color of his short...sometimes I have to turn off the audio... puro kwento si Dyan... :)

“I once was knocked out and I came back to win the title, so you can’t count him out. Pacquiao is still very dangerous... I don’t believe Manny is finished, he’s still one of the most dangerous fighters in the world.” - Roberto Duran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:38 pm 
Heavyweight

Dyan to Chavit: "Ikaw, ba't nandidito ka?"
Chavit: "I-imabitahin ko si Juan Manuel na magbakasyon sa aking Baluarte." :lol: :lol: :lol:
'

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:14 pm 
Cruiserweight

What really got my attention was when Sev Sermienta said that "Parang nakuha ni Gerry ang handspeed ni Manny" HELLO?!!!!! :shock: Gerry's main weapon is his handspeed. Si Manny nag aaral pa lang ng combinations, si Gerry tapos na dun in fact pabagal na nga handspeed ni Gerry compared when he was still youn. I'm sure most of us here agrees that the main factor of Manny's success is his brute strenght while Gerry is his handspeed.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:19 pm 
Heavyweight

VladTepes wrote:
What really got my attention was when Sev Sermienta said that "Parang nakuha ni Gerry ang handspeed ni Manny" HELLO?!!!!! :shock: Gerry's main weapon is his handspeed. Si Manny nag aaral pa lang ng combinations, si Gerry tapos na dun in fact pabagal na nga handspeed ni Gerry compared when he was still youn. I'm sure most of us here agrees that the main factor of Manny's success is his brute strenght while Gerry is his handspeed.

I agree with you, bro! Intelligent fighter with devastating punch, that is Gerry.

The greatest misfortune of Gerry is his height.
Two inches more on his height, and he should be close to unbeatable.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:23 pm 
Light Heavyweight

yeah I heard that..he called Gerry a Manny...haha...but Gerry answered though..hehe.. it's not a bad thing to be mistakenly called a name that is very popular... One more belt at another division then Gerry is also part of history next to Manny...3 time world champion in 3 different divisions.. calling Ponce de Leon...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:18 pm 
Welterweight

VladTepes wrote:

I do agree to you, Gerry Weapon during his young age was his countless combination with Power, Theres some changes on his speed specially on avoinding opponents punches which he usually does during his young age, commentators before usually calls him a "Hard to Hit Boxer".

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:45 pm 
Heavyweight

What was alarming was when Sev and Dyan were mesmeriized by the look of the CEO of GBP that they imagined Goody, Gerry's wife, Sitting beside the man, to be flirting to him and even says that Goody would still prefer Gerry, all this discussions heard in National TV. Scandalous.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:00 pm 
Heavyweight

But Dyan is still a hottie. :mrgreen: