Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:31 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:03 am 
Bantamweight

I think this will be a much bettter fight for Gerry than Ponce de Leon, Vasquez's style is perfect for Penalosa!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:17 am 
Welterweight

joblak30 wrote:
I think this will be a much bettter fight for Gerry than Ponce de Leon, Vasquez's style is perfect for Penalosa!

Be careful of what you wish, It might come true.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:20 am 
Heavyweight

A perfect match... 8)

"A wise man is superior to any insults which can be put upon him, and the best reply to unseemly behavior is patience and moderation."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:29 am 
Welterweight

life wrote:
A perfect match... 8)

Vasquez is too big for Gerry, too strong, throws punches in every angle, can take punches and has the heart of a lion. I give Gerry a 20% chance to win on these.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:37 am 
Cruiserweight

joblak30 wrote:

I beg to disagree bro... I think DPDL is a better match for Gerry than IV.. Gerry could have beaten DPDL if only he threw a lot more punches than he did. Vazquez is a lot better boxer than DPDL and has a comparable punching power. He also has an iron chin and an immense will to win. I wouldn't want Gerry to fight him at this point of Gerry's career..

By the way... We're on the wrong forum... :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:46 am 
Heavyweight

lindsey wrote:
life wrote:
A perfect match... 8)

Vasquez is too big for Gerry, too strong, throws punches in every angle, can take punches and has the heart of a lion. I give Gerry a 20% chance to win on these.

I do believe DPDL is much stronger than Vasquez.Vasquez is also a brawler a perfect match for Gerry,a counter-puncher fighter.

By the way, we are in the wrong forum... :wink:

"A wise man is superior to any insults which can be put upon him, and the best reply to unseemly behavior is patience and moderation."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:53 pm 
Welterweight

joblak30 wrote:

BRING IT ON!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:12 pm 

joblak30 wrote:

Ponce Deleon is perfect for Penalosa.

Vasquez has the workrate of Dele on plus the boxing skills.

"When a table is normalized, the non-key columns depend on the key, the whole key, and nothing but the key." - a DBA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:23 pm 
Middleweight

i wouldnt pit gerry against vasquez. brilliant as he is in the ring, vasquez might just be too much for gerry.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:26 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Vasquez is not that big to be compared against Gerry. Gonzalez is much bigger. Both are technical fighters, and both have power that could knock out each other.

I think Gerry could defeat Vazquez, due to the fact that Vazquez gets hit more often than Gerry. As you could see in his last thre fight, defense and counter punching was Gerry Penalosa's forte. Remember also that Jhonny Gonzalez was able to knock down Vazquez twice in their fight, but Gonzalez was not able to do that to an older Penalosa.

The work rate showed by Penalosa in his fight against Gonzalez and Vorapin is akin to the way JMM transformed himself from a usual counter puncher to an initiator of offense also. Penalosa, if you have been watching him closely, is not content on counter punching anymore. That may have been a lesson he learned when he lost to DPDL, and may very well serve him in a fight against Vasquez or Marquez, or a rematch with DPDL.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:36 pm 
Heavyweight

A fight with MArquez Jr. is a test for GP before engaging with IV

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:48 pm 
Heavyweight

I support this fight! This fight will probably be the greatest challenge to Gerry. But I do not zero-out Gerry on this one. Gerry's defense is great, and will always will, find a way to beat his opponent, as long as they won't run away from Gerry like DPDL. The question is, if Vazquez is interested on Gerry since he knows it's a big risk for him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:55 pm 
Welterweight

Pwede!!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:03 pm 
auror wrote:
Vasquez is not that big to be compared against Gerry. Gonzalez is much bigger. Both are technical fighters, and both have power that could knock out each other.

I think Gerry could defeat Vazquez, due to the fact that Vazquez gets hit more often than Gerry. As you could see in his last thre fight, defense and counter punching was Gerry Penalosa's forte. Remember also that Jhonny Gonzalez was able to knock down Vazquez twice in their fight, but Gonzalez was not able to do that to an older Penalosa.

The work rate showed by Penalosa in his fight against Gonzalez and Vorapin is akin to the way JMM transformed himself from a usual counter puncher to an initiator of offense also. Penalosa, if you have been watching him closely, is not content on counter punching anymore. That may have been a lesson he learned when he lost to DPDL, and may very well serve him in a fight against Vasquez or Marquez, or a rematch with DPDL.

size doesn't matter!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:08 pm 
Heavyweight

Penalosa will get murdered

but Boom Boom has a chance to beat Vasquez by KO

Vladimir Putin

Rodrigo Duterte

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next