Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:44 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:49 pm 
Heavyweight

Tony wrote:
Dagul_Denboy wrote:
Penalosa will get murdered

but Boom Boom has a chance to beat Vasquez by KO

Vasquez KOs Boom boom in 10 seconds.

Basi lain pa naka-komo si Boom2, tumba na ahahahaha!

Seriously, this is a good match for Boom2! Laen patsy ba?

Go BooM2!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:58 pm 
Heavyweight

Dagul_Denboy wrote:
Penalosa will get murdered

but Boom Boom has a chance to beat Vasquez by KO

Are you joking, right?

Vazquez is the "Man" in SB division + a member of P4P best fighter in the world.

you made me laugh bro. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:03 pm 
Heavyweight

campeon_uno wrote:
joblak30 wrote:
I think this will be a much bettter fight for Gerry than Ponce de Leon, Vasquez's style is perfect for Penalosa!

israel vasquez can tko penalosa.. but penalosa has a chance to outbox him

i don't know but i think there is a bigger chance that vasquez could beat penalosa rather than the other way around

hehe,, have you watched gerry's previous fights??? he's so technical he barely threw punches.. he could have won against DPDL if he become more aggressive but he chooses to select and threw clean and accurate punches on which brings no appeal to many (it's forgettable if you are being swarmed). if he can double up his aggression he may have a chance.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Pacland is the REAL Team Pacquiao.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:22 pm 
Cruiserweight

hack__you wrote:
let's get the record straight

Vazquez is way smaller than Gonzalez and De Leon
Vazquez is not a big puncher compared to Gonzalez and De Leon
Gonzalez is a better technician than Vazquez but Vazquez is better than De Leon

The only thing going for Vazquez is his heart, which is as big if not bigger than Pacquiao's

This will be a UD or a late knock out for Penalosa, or a very controversial SD/UD for Vazquez.

So it would only be controversial if Vazquez comes out victorious... Makes sense to me... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:36 pm 
Cruiserweight

OK guys.. Let me give you an example on how a fighter with a heart as big as Vazquez can nullify Gerry's advantage in style..

Let's take Pac VS JMM for example. Pac's style is definitely tailor made for JMM. Pac's awkward style is perfect for JMM's counter punching. JMM clearly utilized this advantage and caught Pac many times in the fight. Pac, on the other hand, have had trouble finding his way through it. He also showed unusual signs of fatigue in that fight.

How on earth did Pac beat JMM given these facts?

IMO, it was because of his relentlessness on top of his speed and power.

JMM, IMO, is a harder hitter than Gerry (p4p), and has the faster hands. Pac, is a lot faster than IV, but has a comparable strength (p4p)...

IV is also naturally bigger than Gerry.

With these in mind, I can conclude that Vazquez would beat Gerry...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:59 am 
Welterweight

^ with that said, PAC won via a very controversial win over JMM the same way I predicted how would Vasquez beat Gerry

on the other hand, Gerry's chin is way better than JMM

this will play like Pacman(vasquez) vs JMM(penalosa) 1&2 without JMM(penalosa) being knocked down 4 times

does it make sense now? :lol:

again: A late TKO/UD for Gerry or a controversial SD/UD for Israel

i'll go for Gerry since i'm pinoy

here's my prediction last year about the world cup

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=77432&p=1832985&hilit=#p1832985

1) DPL will knockout Boom2
2) GP will knockout JG or JG will UD GP (fight of the night)
3) Banal will knockout Ortiz
4) Gorres will UD Guererro
5) Gabi will knockout Beranza
6) Batawang will win against whoever patsy he will fight

We will win the thropy but may be beaten on the main events

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:22 am 
Lightweight

vasquez beats gerry by ko. iv will get inside and start to punish gerry. i dont think gerry has the power to hurt vasquez nor do i think gerry can withstand the constant pressure and power of vasquez. i dont think anyone beats vasquez at 122 lbs regardless of style, marquez is the best chance.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:34 am 
Welterweight

Celestino Caballero is the man at 122

He will toy with IV, RM, DPDL, and Gerry unless one of them come up with a lucky punch to the liver

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:58 am 
Heavyweight

hack__you wrote:
Celestino Caballero is the man at 122
He will toy with IV, RM, DPDL, and Gerry unless one of them come up with a lucky punch to the liver

I Beg to disagree bro Vasquez is the "Man" at 122 (3 times pa).

The following list gives credit to "The Man Who Beat The Man." This division was not generally recognized until 1976, although Jack "Kid" Wolfe and Carl Duane claimed the title following its creation by the Walker Law in 1920. Comments can be sent to The Research Staff. Ciao!
Jack "Kid" Wolfe (1922-1923)
Carl Duane (1923, abandons claim)
Title becomes defunct
Rigoberto Riasco (1976)
Kazuo "Royal" Kobayashi (1976)
Dong-Kyun Yum (1976-1977)
Wilfredo "Bazooka" Gomez (1977-1981, vacates title)
Israel Vazquez (IBF, 2004-2005; WBC, 2005-2006; WBC, 2007-Present)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:48 am 
Welterweight

^ I am just answering the post above you, he said nobody can beat Vazquez at 122 other than Marquez.

I dont think anyone would want to fight Caballero at 122. Good boxing skills, good power, and 5"11'

Vazquez may have the belts but it would require balls and all his guts and heart to beat "The Towering Inferno" Caballero :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:00 am 
Light Heavyweight

[quote="Dagul_Denboy"]Penalosa will get murdered

but Boom Boom has a chance to beat Vasquez by KO[/quote]

I remember Israel Vasquez training with pacquiao at Wild Card Gym. He wasn't famous then, he was still in bantamweight at that time. Prominent super bantam and bantam fighters at that time were Larios and Lebwaba. Vasquez was upcoming and so was manny pacquiao. But it was pacquiao who was impressive in the eyes of Raoch and even said that those guys won't last a distance against pacquiao in that division. but when Roach saw gerry, he was more impressed because of his technical skills. If only gerry could be more aggressive plus with his technical skills, no one can beat gerry even when he is already 38.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:03 am 
Light Heavyweight

For those not giving GP any chance against IV, here are some things to ponder:

GP has never been KOed nor Knocked Down in his career.

IV has tasted KOs before in some of his losses. Frequently gets knocked down also when facing Class A fighters.

DPDL is deemed to be a harder puncher than IV, yet DPDL failed to even rock or wobble GP. GP rocked him w/ counter punches that DPDL immediately went to back pedaling mode.

GP fared well against DPDL and Jhonny Gonzalez inspite of 5" reach advantage, while the difference between GP's and IV's reach is just 1".

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:12 am 
Lightweight

Size is always going to be an issue for Gerry, Gonzalez, Ponce, Vasquez are all really bigger than him. I also would like to see Vazquez and Gerry, I really wonder if Vasquez is still the same boxer after the brutal wars that he has had recently. Comparing other fights doesn't mean much, but it can be said that Gerry didn't go through the same hell knocking out Gonzalez as Vazquez did. Vazquez has an insane will but both Gonzalez and Marquez put him down, with Marquez making him quit on his stool. Can't say that Gerry will win, but what a fight that would be. Really, PDL, Vasquez, Marquez would be good fights for Gerry, he only has a couple of fights left in him, let's see it against some of the best and not against someone like Vorapin.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:17 am 
Middleweight

joblak30 wrote:
I think this will be a much bettter fight for Gerry than Ponce de Leon, Vasquez's style is perfect for Penalosa!

great match up...

but fight De Leon first...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:30 am 
Heavyweight

hack__you wrote:
^ I am just answering the post above you, he said nobody can beat Vazquez at 122 other than Marquez.

I dont think anyone would want to fight Caballero at 122. Good boxing skills, good power, and 5"11'

Vazquez may have the belts but it would require balls and all his guts and heart to beat "The Towering Inferno" Caballero :shock:

Fact: Vazquez is a proven commodity in 122.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next