Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:37 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:44 am 
Middleweight

chernandez12340 wrote:
Watching the fight over and over it is clear that Marquez is the superior fighter. Case in point: Pacman charges with his head thus resulting in a nasty cut on Marquez; Marquez cuts Pacman with a clean solid hit- Pacman too much of a wild puncher who gets lucky with wild punches. If only Pacman had a Mexican trainer on his side perhaps he could grow to be not only a quick puncher but a technical and skilled fighter as well.

Ok another noob heard from. Why has the superior fighter been knocked on his a$$ 4 times in 2 fights? If you watch the fight "again" in the third round that left hook looked pretty damned fast to me too bad the superior fighter did not see it and he ended up on his backside again. Also the Mexican trainer had trouble closing the cut and didn't look like he knew how to close it, wheras the "other" trainer the supposed inferior one had the knowledge and lack of "ego" to allow Joe Chavez a seasoned veteran to work on it and close it. Ie essentially helping Pacquiao to be able to win the fight. Joe needs a raise. And Manny already has a great trainer!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:49 am 
Heavyweight

chernandez12340 wrote:
Watching the fight over and over it is clear that Marquez is the superior fighter. Case in point: Pacman charges with his head thus resulting in a nasty cut on Marquez; Marquez cuts Pacman with a clean solid hit- Pacman too much of a wild puncher who gets lucky with wild punches. If only Pacman had a Mexican trainer on his side perhaps he could grow to be not only a quick puncher but a technical and skilled fighter as well.

that 'superior' fighter is WINLESS againt manny

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:17 am 
Welterweight

Please, give respect to coach Roach. He made Pac what he is right now. Pac already beat the best from Mexico in his weight class with the help of Freddie.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:25 am 
Heavyweight

...hiring mexican trainer is not a wise move, we're not sure of their loyalty towards our boxers...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:37 am 
Lightweight

chernandez12340 wrote:
What's Mexico's record Vs. Phillipines, who's had more champions? My point exactly!

What's Mexico's record vs. USA? well there you go he has an American Trainer.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:44 am 
Heavyweight

Head Hunter wrote:
IF PACMAN WILL ACQUIRE A MEXICAN TRAINER WHAT WOULD HE GET FROM THAT TRAINER. I THING MEXICANS TRAIN THEIR BOXERS TO CRY, TO BEG FOR MERCY TO THE ENEMY, THEY ALSO TRAIN THEIR FIGHTERS TO BE HIT FOR A KNOCKDOWN. I THINK THE BEST WAY TO COERRECT THIS POST IS ,WHY DONT MEXICAN GET THEIR TRAINORS IN THE PHILIPPINES, THE FIRST TO TRAIN THE GREAT MANNY PACQUIAO IS A FILIPINO. I THINK MANNY CAN HELP YOU WITH THIS

please guys a round of applause and a standing ovation for this newbie, great post carnal! youre leaving your mark in pacland with your superb boxing knowledge! :biglaugh:

p.s. easy with the caps, the post by itself its good enough to be noticed, no need for caps :biglaugh:

PACLAND: where pacquiao fans around the world congregate.

To talk about floyd! LMFAO!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:53 am 
Flyweight

but Pacman has not beat the best from Mexico. Marquez has beat him twice in my opinion and that of every other professional boxing analyst in the world.

Marquez is the true champ and as one of the HBO commentators has said " the best pound for pound in his respective weight division."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:00 am 
Cruiserweight

For what? To train Pac to become a whiner?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:02 am 
Cruiserweight

Quote:
chernandez12340 wrote:
but Pacman has not beat the best from Mexico. Marquez has beat him twice in my opinion and that of every other professional boxing analyst in the world.

Marquez is the true champ and as one of the HBO commentators has said " the best pound for pound in his respective weight division."

Why don't you tell your opinion to the judge..Maybe they will believe you..JMM is the true champ------in WHINING......

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:12 am 
Flyweight

blackwater wrote:
Quote:
chernandez12340 wrote:

Why don't you tell your opinion to the judge..Maybe they will believe you..JMM is the true champ------in WHINING......

You mean tell it to the one judge who was mysteriously brought in at the last minute to judge the fight? The same judge who gave the one advantage point to Pacman? The same judge who created a whole lot of controversy surrounding his mysterious appointment? Yeah right!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:33 am 
Light Heavyweight

the TS maybe is elcrits convert... :D

“You all think I’m scared, I’m a coward? Well guess what? I’m a rich, scared coward. I’m a rich coward,”

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:34 am 
Cruiserweight

Quote:
You mean tell it to the one judge who was mysteriously brought in at the last minute to judge the fight? The same judge who gave the one advantage point to Pacman? The same judge who created a whole lot of controversy surrounding his mysterious appointment? Yeah right!
[/quote]

Ok if you don't want to tell your opinion to this mysterious judge, why don't you tell your story to the other 2 judges? There were 3 judges right? Don't whine here in Pacland if you can't do anything to correct matters....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:59 am 
Middleweight

You mean tell it to the one judge who was mysteriously brought in at the last minute to judge the fight? The same judge who gave the one advantage point to Pacman? The same judge who created a whole lot of controversy surrounding his mysterious appointment? Yeah right![/quote]

Bro get your facts straight. The judge was brought in because there was a conflict of interest between the first Judge, Flaherty and Freddie Roach. Flarherty is a friend of Freddies mother. Freddie requested his removal. Also for the 2nd judge "Miller" was ok'd by both camps prior to the fight. There is no controversy here. Your boy lost in the eyes of two judges hence Manny won. You Nacho's son?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:12 am 
Featherweight

No need for new trainer IMO, His camp is doing great :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:58 am 
Heavyweight

a new sensation in the pacland community... :lol: no doubt about it... :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next