Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:42 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:05 am 
Heavyweight

King Louie will be back here to get honored and collect what is due. Here is the link. ELorde family will be his sponsor.

http://www.philstar.com/index.php?Sport ... 0080129135

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:17 am 
Heavyweight

Poor guy.....sorry for him....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:36 am 
Welterweight

"A lawyer has offered to collect the purse and is asking for a 50 percent share. We told Louie to accept the lawyer’s offer because it’s better than nothing. He has waited too long to be paid the debt"

:shock:

what a lawyer...

maybe this is right:

"A lawyer has offered to collect the purse and is asking for a 50 percent share. We told Louie to accept the lawyer’s offer because "the anothers" and the lawyer will share the 50%. We have waited too long for this share"

Last edited by Comedian on Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:38 am 
Light Heavyweight

Too bad im not a lawyer... I would offer free services if i am... Im currently an uneducated lawyer = liar.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:59 am 
Heavyweight

I noticed that part also and although it is their job and that is how they earn but 50/50 is a ridiculous offer. Taking advantage of how badly Louie needed the money. I had also the same offer with a lawyer when my father died without me knowing it for almost 4 years. All the wealth and properties were divided and sold without me being part of it. I suspected a conspiracy between the building administrator and the mother of my half sisters.

I did not pursue my case because I was emotionally drained that time and thought of just making my Dad proud without taking part of his money. I was branded by my father having interest on his wealth rather than my relationship with him as my biological father. After almost 4 years, I decided to reconcile so that he can be part of my wedding then. Thats the only time I discovered that he already passed away.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:26 am 
Welterweight

"Espinosa has no love interest in the US but is reportedly smitten by a 16-year-old Filipina whom he “met” in the internet. Espinosa regularly corresponds with the teenager, who lives in the Philippines, via e-mail"

You better watch out there, buddy! One day, this 16-year old will ask you to hang out with her at her house, then next thing you know, Chris Hansen will be there with his crew!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:39 am 
Heavyweight

...that's life loui, learn how to live with these two-legged lions in the urban jungle...accept the lawyer's offer...forget your wife who can only see when there's silver in your hand and consider any girl who will value you more than any convenient that any material can offer...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:56 am 
Heavyweight

fidel wrote:
...that's life loui, learn how to live with these two-legged lions in the urban jungle...accept the lawyer's offer...forget your wife who can only see when there's silver in your hand and consider any girl who will value you more than any convenient that any material can offer...

somewhat agree to that..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:56 am 
Light Heavyweight

That's his money and he should get it with interest!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:48 am 
Lightweight

Any LAWYER in the house? A Good Samaritan (type)... perhaps :)

I just read this pending house bill authored by Cong. Antonino-Custodio. I hope this would be given much attention by the Committee currently handling it.

History of Bill NO. HB00278

FULL TITLE : AN ACT GRANTING RETIREMENT INCENTIVE AND HEALTH CARE BENEFITS TO PROFESSIONAL FILIPINO ATHLETES WHO HAVE WON WORLD TITLES OR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS AND PROVIDING FUNDS THEREFOR
SHORT TITLE : "Filipino Professional Athletes Retirement Incentive and Health Care Benefits Act of 2007"
ABSTRACT : "Filipino Professional Athletes Retirement Incentive and Health Care Benefits Act of 2007". The bill seeks to grant a monthly pension of P15,000 to former world champions upon reaching the age of fifty. Likewise, it grants members of a world champion team a monthly lifetime retirement incentive of P10,000 upon reaching the age of fifty.
BY CONGRESSMAN/WOMAN ANTONINO-CUSTODIO, DARLENE MAGNOLIA R.
DATE FILED ON 2007-07-02
REFERRAL ON 2007-07-24 TO THE COMMITTEE ON YOUTH AND SPORTS DEVELOPMENT
SECONDARILY REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE(S) ON APPROPRIATIONS
SIGNIFICANCE: NATIONAL
SUBJECT:ATHLETES

DATE READ:&nbsp2007-07-24

Source: Bills and Index Service

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:51 am 
Welterweight

i think it's good that finally King Louie gets to come back home of course through a sponsor.he couldnt do that without them anyway.humility is badly needed in his situation however you look at it..50/50 wth the lawyer is a lousy offer...but nonetheless..it might be better for Louie to grab it and forget..after all that money is like good as nothing until somebody helps..we know lawyers..whats important is hell be back and its nice to see him get that honor or something..he deserves that.. 8)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:13 pm 
Heavyweight

did he got the purse already?....Hope he did....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:58 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Poor poor guy... Another Navarete story to be told....

1 Cor 1:26-28

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:02 pm 
Heavyweight

Sayang . . . I can't seem to open the link anymore.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:01 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Whoever suggested that Louie should accept the services of the lawyer with a fee of 50% deducted from his long overdue purse is dumb.

The case was brought to court as a result of the promoters not paying Louie what is due to him. So any lawyers fee for Espinosa should be paid by the promoters as part of the damages incurred in the non payment of his purse which dragged on for many years in a court battle.

I also agree with one of the posters here that stated that his long overdue purse should be paid with interest.