Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:17 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:22 am 
Middleweight

Espinosa to finally receive his long-overdue award

Cebu Daily News
First Posted 08:29:00 03/02/2008

Former World Boxing Association bantamweight and World Boxing Council featherweight champion Luisito "Lindol" Espinosa is finally coming back to the Philippines March 22 to receive a long-overdue award, as world boxing champion, in the 8th Gabriel “Flash” Elorde Awards Night on March 25 at the Centennial Hall of the Manila Hotel.

After a 10-year stay in the United States, Espinosa was invited to come home by promoter Johnny Elorde to receive the award when they met in San Francisco, California last December. Espinosa, who won in his WBC featherweight title defense against Carlos Rios of Argentina in 1997 in Koronadal, will be honored as a former world and international boxing champion during the 2007 Elorde Awards Night-Banquet of Champions. Espinosa, 40, is one of only four Filipinos to have won titles in two different divisions after brothers Gerry and Dodie Boy Penalosa and Manny Pacquiao.

“The honor is long overdue,” said the young Elorde, who added that Espinosa was to have been included in the roster of former world boxing champions during the first staging of the Elorde Awards in 2000. After stopping Rios in 1997, Espinosa went to the US and never returned.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:24 am 
Heavyweight

I would be more happy for him if he will instead receive his purse which is also long overdue.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:28 am 
Heavyweight

Yeah, give him the money that he was due. Fock the award. Honor him by paying him what he deserves.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:36 am 
Heavyweight

I wonder what is the status of the case.. If I am Manny the best that I can do for Louie is to use my TRAPO friends and tell them that if Louie does not get what is due to him, I will not appear on any of your gatherings, invitations, parades and will vocally say TRAPOS are all greedy Azz.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:40 am 
Middleweight

ryan78 wrote:
Espinosa to finally receive his long-overdue award

Cebu Daily News
First Posted 08:29:00 03/02/2008

Former World Boxing Association bantamweight and World Boxing Council featherweight champion Luisito "Lindol" Espinosa is finally coming back to the Philippines March 22 to receive a long-overdue award, as world boxing champion, in the 8th Gabriel “Flash” Elorde Awards Night on March 25 at the Centennial Hall of the Manila Hotel.

After a 10-year stay in the United States, Espinosa was invited to come home by promoter Johnny Elorde to receive the award when they met in San Francisco, California last December. Espinosa, who won in his WBC featherweight title defense against Carlos Rios of Argentina in 1997 in Koronadal, will be honored as a former world and international boxing champion during the 2007 Elorde Awards Night-Banquet of Champions. Espinosa, 40, is one of only four Filipinos to have won titles in two different divisions after brothers Gerry and Dodie Boy Penalosa and Manny Pacquiao.

“The honor is long overdue,” said the young Elorde, who added that Espinosa was to have been included in the roster of former world boxing champions during the first staging of the Elorde Awards in 2000. After stopping Rios in 1997, Espinosa went to the US and never returned.

WELCOME BACK KING LOUIE

IDOL!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:12 am 
Heavyweight

maibebenta kaya ni louie tong plake na to? ah all this dirty politicians, they can easily promise you 1 million pesos, yun pala nagpabango lang ng pangalan?!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:22 am 
Heavyweight

if only GMA can acknowledge his presence, a mimimum of 500k is easy. where is Gaite?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:28 am 
Heavyweight

Is it Rod Nazario and Manny Pinol whom Espinoza charged regarding his purse? enlighten me guys.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:30 am 
Heavyweight

EYB wrote:
if only GMA can acknowledge his presence, a mimimum of 500k is easy. where is Gaite?

No not this one. Its a zero ROI.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:32 am 
Heavyweight

EYB wrote:

Jamby is more "liberal." She could easily hand over 1M as "patriotic fund." :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:34 am 
Heavyweight

xcylly wrote:
EYB wrote:

No not this one. Its a zero ROI.

oh yeah. with masters in economics, no doubt.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:45 am 
Middleweight

Can ALA Gym offer to get Louie as a trainor? :D I'm sure that would work wonders for the ALA boxers.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:18 pm 
Middleweight

for the least he is being honored but he is yet to collect his purse hope the government would help him OH ANO ATE GLO CHANCE MO NA ITO TO SHINE(mrs. president this is NOW your time to be heard)... :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:21 pm 
Middleweight

Yeah we should not forget what he was before as a champion... they should give the money they owe from him..... he is also a legendary boxing... he
cinderella_man wrote:
Is it Rod Nazario and Manny Pinol whom Espinoza charged regarding his purse? enlighten me guys.
The y should give the money they owe from espinosa... he is a true legendary... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:43 pm 
Cruiserweight

badboypeenoy wrote:
Can ALA Gym offer to get Louie as a trainor? :D I'm sure that would work wonders for the ALA boxers.

In what way?

I think it's Jaro who needs Louie more in this point of time.