Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:08 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:56 pm 
Heavyweight

The long overdue recognition will be finally given to Louie. Hope he will be paid with his collectibles.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:57 pm 
Featherweight

chitotwothousandseven wrote:
maibebenta kaya ni louie tong plake na to? ah all this dirty politicians, they can easily promise you 1 million pesos, yun pala nagpabango lang ng pangalan?!

i'll buy it

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:08 pm 
Heavyweight

EYB wrote:
if only GMA can acknowledge his presence, a mimimum of 500k is easy. where is Gaite?

...yeah, that's peanut for gaite, he can easilly shell that amount... :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:38 pm 
Heavyweight

Espinosa should demand an appearance fee. Hehehe, cuz the awards merit is no more. We boxing fans already knew his greatness and we recognize his achievements. No ordinary pinoy would care about that recognition. These prmoninent names in Philippine boxing know the fate that he suffered from his greedy promoter why don't they take the initiative to at least help him recover his supposed compensation. Oh man, the poor guy shouldn't be working his *** hard in a foreign land if he hadn't been fooled by those evil promoter before.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:12 pm 
Middleweight

LitMakuh wrote:
Espinosa should demand an appearance fee. Hehehe, cuz the awards merit is no more. We boxing fans already knew his greatness and we recognize his achievements. No ordinary pinoy would care about that recognition. These prmoninent names in Philippine boxing know the fate that he suffered from his greedy promoter why don't they take the initiative to at least help him recover his supposed compensation. Oh man, the poor guy shouldn't be working his *** hard in a foreign land if he hadn't been fooled by those evil promoter before.

i read from past article that espinosa got a free air fare and accommodation here in the philippines when he attends the elorde awards...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:26 pm 
Heavyweight

Gabrielle wrote:
I would be more happy for him if he will instead receive his purse which is also long overdue.

That's a better award! 8)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:46 pm 
Heavyweight

Lindol should be given due respect for whta he have done to our country. He can be a good coach in Phils. Olympic Team.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:15 pm 
Heavyweight

cinderella_man wrote:
Is it Rod Nazario and Manny Pinol whom Espinoza charged regarding his purse? enlighten me guys.

if my memory tells me correctly.. yes nazario was one of them... manny pinol?hmm... im not sure if he is the other guy, who deliberately robbed king louie... il try to make a research about it... and again if my memory serve's me well, it was a large amount of money... specially during those time... He deserved the award... and also the money whom he had worked for... makonsensya na sana ang mga hudas.. :D

heres what i've got at http://forums.mukamo.com/index.php?show ... e=threaded

though it was only from a forumer in that site... according to him it was gov. de pedro of south cotabato.. and also according to him the amount was 150,000 us dollar.. laking halaga nun, the year was 1997... i'l try to verify it, so far that was my only source..

Have a good day paclanders, lapit na ang laban... yehey!!! me budget na ko..hehehhe... first EB ko to kasama mla. paclanders..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:44 pm 
Heavyweight

rustycooley66 wrote:
cinderella_man wrote:
Is it Rod Nazario and Manny Pinol whom Espinoza charged regarding his purse? enlighten me guys.

if my memory tells me correctly.. yes nazario was one of them... manny pinol?hmm... im not sure if he is the other guy, who deliberately robbed king louie... il try to make a research about it... and again if my memory serve's me well, it was a large amount of money... specially during those time... He deserved the award... and also the money whom he had worked for... makonsensya na sana ang mga hudas.. :D

heres what i've got at http://forums.mukamo.com/index.php?show ... e=threaded

though it was only from a forumer in that site... according to him it was gov. de pedro of south cotabato.. and also according to him the amount was 150,000 us dollar.. laking halaga nun, the year was 1997... i'l try to verify it, so far that was my only source..

Have a good day paclanders, lapit na ang laban... yehey!!! me budget na ko..hehehhe... first EB ko to kasama mla. paclanders..

Thanks bro... I still believe justice will be served for "Lindol".

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:24 pm 
Middleweight

Yeah, King Louie deserves the award, specially the purse that he won defending his title many years ago. 150k US dollars is a lot of money!

King Louie is the best statement of what a retired champion will become if he fails to save for the rainy days. Pacman is simply the exception because his future is secured a thousand times over just for his endorsement deal with san miguel and few more fights.

Tsk Tsk. Poor King Luie... ... He can't expect politicians to hand him cash as a form of award because traditional politicians give money only for riding with the fame of superstars of the present not of the past.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:38 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Gabrielle wrote:
I would be more happy for him if he will instead receive his purse which is also long overdue.

Your right. What happen to that purse. Is there any pending case in court regarding the purse and to the persons responsible for that?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:15 am 
Heavyweight

Bruce Lee wrote:
Yeah, King Louie deserves the award, specially the purse that he won defending his title many years ago. 150k US dollars is a lot of money!

King Louie is the best statement of what a retired champion will become if he fails to save for the rainy days. Pacman is simply the exception because his future is secured a thousand times over just for his endorsement deal with san miguel and few more fights.

Tsk Tsk. Poor King Luie... ... He can't expect politicians to hand him cash as a form of award because traditional politicians give money only for riding with the fame of superstars of the present not of the past.

not just thousand times... million times should i say... :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:28 pm 
Heavyweight

binoy wrote:
Gabrielle wrote:

Your right. What happen to that purse. Is there any pending case in court regarding the purse and to the persons responsible for that?

its a long sad story, apparently the guilty party has lots of connection and no wonder even if there are sports personalities who are aware of the pending court case, nobody wants to lay there hands in favor of King Louie.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:32 pm 
Cruiserweight

DUE's ko day...
tagal hah.. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:08 pm 
Cruiserweight

you know i was so happy and proud for Espinosa everytime he had a fight and keep winning,
but when i heard the news that he didn't receive his purse it's so sad... so sad...

dahil sa kakagawan ng mga punyetang TAO NA GANID SA PERA!!!

DI NA NAHIYA ANG MGA YAN!!!

[b]PEOPLE... LOOK WHAT HAPPEN TO ESPINOSA AND TO HIS FAMILY BECAUSE OF THEM[/b]

ESPINOSA WAS GIVING AN HONOR FOR OUR COUNTRY
HABANG KANYANG PROMOTER AY NAGPAPAKILALANG GANID PARA SA SARILI
[b]
[/b]

Last edited by trekker_dust on Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.