Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:49 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: GORRES in COMA!!!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:18 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 5:05 pm
Posts: 2432
kingofbira wrote:
condolences to his family,i know he will make it god will make a way.....Image



Do you know what are you talking? the man is still alive and you're saying your condolence?

Pray for his recovery!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GORRES in COMA!!!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:57 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:01 pm
Posts: 215
skipper5398 wrote:
kingofbira wrote:
condolences to his family,i know he will make it god will make a way.....Image



Do you know what are you talking? the man is still alive and you're saying your condolence?

Pray for his recovery!!!



:lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gorres in Coma!!!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:00 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:30 am
Posts: 37794
Location: Batangas
so any update on z gorres' condition? :?

_________________
"dencio, the chemist who once dreamed of becoming a doctor someday"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gorres in Coma!!!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:17 pm 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:00 pm
Posts: 558
ted_bundy wrote:
http://www.boxingscene.com/index.php?m=show&id=23450



This is an old news, Z Gorres is now awake. His operation was successful and is in a sitting position and can now count numbers... He may need rehabilitation to get back to normal... It maybe because he is an athlete why he recovered fast and we thank God for it... If he gets well, Antonio Aldeguer promised him work as a trainer... :) :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gorres in Coma!!!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:20 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 9:35 pm
Posts: 2672
Ramrod wrote:
aljas wrote:
Ramrod wrote:
butchoy was in a medically-induced coma...to relax his swollen brain after it was drained out of excess fluid that caused its swelling. its not the kind of coma that we all fear and dread about. he is now recovering fast...and we hope and pray that he will be able to come home here in cebu the soonest possible time. here's a photo of butchoy and myself in one of cebupacs EB...

Image

damn your avatar really looked like you :D

well, that's me if you look closer....closer....closer....touch your nose to the monitor to get a closer look of my avatar...nyahahaha...!! :lol:


just kidding bro. you're not that bad. what I really meant, if you put a twist of yourself like a funny caricature, you're avatar is not far off.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gorres in Coma!!!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:22 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:31 pm
Posts: 1889
old title


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GORRES in COMA!!!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:20 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:12 pm
Posts: 1449
dencioPT101 wrote:
kaintayo_talapulamko wrote:
.."medically induced coma"...now, me is not a doctor, but the words are not hard to understand either..


in such cases the patient are placed under sedatives and life support for him to recover from the neuro-surgery. there are times however and i'm hoping this is not gorres' case where the patient never recover and deteriorates further. the next 48 hours are critical!


Life support is a painful ordeal. Other people make a living will to decline it. As what I learned, a 24 inches plastic tube will be inserted from one's mouth down to the throat up to the stomach. This artificial life support make someone breath and be alive. It pumps and makes a sound (like coughing) in seconds interval non-stop. I believe, pain killer such as morphine cannot be administered but only tylenol and sedatives that could make the patient sleep.
I pray and hope for Gorres recovery. A miracle is not impossible.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GORRES in COMA!!!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:24 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 9:35 pm
Posts: 2672
YO wrote:
dencioPT101 wrote:
kaintayo_talapulamko wrote:
.."medically induced coma"...now, me is not a doctor, but the words are not hard to understand either..


in such cases the patient are placed under sedatives and life support for him to recover from the neuro-surgery. there are times however and i'm hoping this is not gorres' case where the patient never recover and deteriorates further. the next 48 hours are critical!

Quote:
Yo wrote:
Life support is a painful ordeal. Other people make a living will to decline it. As what I learned, a 24 inches plastic tube will be inserted from one's mouth down to the throat up to the stomach.

bro the tube will be inserted to the lungs via trachea-bronchial, not the stomach. you're gonna kill the patient and blow his stomach like a balloon.
Quote:
yo wrote:
This artificial life support make someone breath and be alive. It pumps and makes a sound (like coughing) in seconds interval non-stop.

there are different modes in ventilation. as in Gorres case since he is coma induced, his ventilation is continous and the respiratory rate will be set as the doctor prescribes. other parameters will be set set or adjusted as needed depends what the arterial blood gas will show. the sound will be more like a hissing sound, not coughing.

Quote:
Yo wrote:
I believe, pain killer such as morphine cannot be administered but only tylenol and sedatives that could make the patient sleep.


it's not true that pain killers such as morphine cannot be administered. the pain management protocol has certain criteria to consider even when the patient may appear unconsious.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gorres in Coma!!!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:19 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:28 pm
Posts: 35014
Location: Cebu, Phils., Paclander ID No. 0044
Ramrod wrote:
aljas wrote:
Ramrod wrote:
butchoy was in a medically-induced coma...to relax his swollen brain after it was drained out of excess fluid that caused its swelling. its not the kind of coma that we all fear and dread about. he is now recovering fast...and we hope and pray that he will be able to come home here in cebu the soonest possible time. here's a photo of butchoy and myself in one of cebupacs EB...

Image

damn your avatar really looked like you :D

well, that's me if you look closer....closer....closer....touch your nose to the monitor to get a closer look of my avatar...nyahahaha...!! :lol:


aljas wrote:
just kidding bro. you're not that bad. what I really meant, if you put a twist of yourself like a funny caricature, you're avatar is not far off.

no worries bai aljas....im having fun here at pacland... :lol:

_________________
Don't Fear the Enemy that Attacks You, But the Fake Friend that Hugs You..!!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group