Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:25 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:38 am 
Welterweight

Yeah, Z "Butchoy" Gorres needs a hero's welcome when he comes back, since he put his life in danger just to give honor to our country.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:52 am 
Welterweight

homesick vs. dollar wrote:
Mozaiko wrote:
Manny Pacquiao received a lot of grand welcome.

This time I guess Z Gorres deserves a BIG grand welcome. He fought two BIG fights: his life & the win for Philippines.

Other Filipino champions come home without the kind of welcome Pacquiao had with his first belt. Z deserves it even without a belt. I hope it will happen.

Do you agree guys?

paano naging bayani yun? ulol ka talaga. mag-isip paminsan-minsan

Buddy, I'd like to see you in person, coz I'd like to break your nose. Next time, you should post responsible statements, not garbage and foul sentences coz it sucks to hear.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:09 am 
Middleweight

I know Z needs financial support. But would you take away a simple no-finance needed big welcome?

I did not say he should have a grand PARADE, just a grand welcome. A grand welcome could be done merely with a lot of presence or attendance meeting him at the airport with simple banners, tarps, and loud CHEERS. If only I am in Cebu (tho Cagayan de Oro is not that far) I would do my share to just be there and CHEER HIM UP when he arrives.

It's not about a parade or a big banquet.

It's not about branding him a hero (tho for me he can be)

It's not about spending a lot.

Just simply imagine yourself as the Z and being welcomed by a cheering crowd... I think that would be priceless.. EVEN BIGGER than any amount. You can't buy MORALE.

So sa mga taga-Cebu I guess if available lang (not conflicting your work schedule), why not?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:41 pm 
Middleweight

kamenrider wrote:
agree on heroes welcome but not necessary. financial support should be the priority because it would be hard for him to find a job.

That (finding a job part) is not much of a poblem bro, mr.Antonio Aldeguer takes care of his fighters even after their boxing career is over. I can remember from years back, Rey Cosep and Dan nietes and some others whose names i cant recall, were in his employ after they stopped prize fighting. Edito villamor is also a classic example of Mr. Aldeguer's kindness.

so it's not much of a worry. Z can still excel in boxing as trainer.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:01 pm 
Middleweight

Mozaiko wrote:
Manny Pacquiao received a lot of grand welcome.

This time I guess Z Gorres deserves a BIG grand welcome. He fought two BIG fights: his life & the win for Philippines.

Other Filipino champions come home without the kind of welcome Pacquiao had with his first belt. Z deserves it even without a belt. I hope it will happen.

Do you agree guys?

I think no need. But I'm not against it. what i do think is he needs more sponsorship rather than a hero's welcome. Right? :D