Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:18 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:52 am 
Welterweight

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 938146.ece

Boxing Sense wrote:
Raymond Cooper...get your facts straight. Let me give you some inside info on the current negotiations.

First of all, Pacquiao has never ducked anyone in his magnificent career. He will continue to chop bigger trees in his path prior to retirement. Remember DLH, Hatton, Cotto? They were BIGGER than him and were SUPPOSED to beat the little typhoon from the Philippines...so forget Pacquiao ducking anyone.

Here are the current developments:
- According to the Team Mayweather, Money doesn't want to fight Pacquiao in March because Floyd wants to have a tuneup fight in Jan/Feb 2010 prior to fighting Pacquiao. Now that's clearly Mayweather ducking ANOTHER fighter if you ask me...

- Manny is on schedule to run for congress in May 2010, so a May fight date is not feasible. Because of these scheduling conflicts, Top Rank is pushing for Manny to fight someone on the scheduled March date. Team Pacquiao will not wait for whenever Mayweather is "ready".

- Mayweather's Tuneup Fight: Floyd fighting Mosely is all posturing. He will never fight Shane, period (See "ducking"). Floyd will, instead, cherry-pick another no-name fighter (e.g., Matthew Hatton) so that he can again convince the world that he is the best fighter in the world (while protecting the zero in his record). He will travel to the UK so that the UK fans will get suckered into paying money to watch the fight/PPV and watch another Hatton go down in front of their eyes. With Money Mayweather, it's all about "Money".

Hope this helps clear out any confusion as to who's ducking who.

Buboy F.
Team Pacquiao
December 1, 2009 1:41 AM GMT on community.timesonline.co.uk Recommend? (3) Report Abuse Permalink

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:44 pm 
Middleweight

hop ethey dont ifght yuri or else buboy will eat his words since yuri is also a "picked" fighter like they did david diaz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:29 pm 
Heavyweight

I AGREE W/U BRO TS !

ALSO I BELIEVE THAT MP WILL BE FIGHTING AGAINST WBA 154LBS CHAMPION YURI FOREMAN ON MARCH 13 2010 !!!

MP AND YURI IS UNDER SAME PROMOTION ( TOPRANK)
YURI FOREMAN IS UNDEFEATED W/ A RECORD OF ( 28 WINS , 8 KO'S) WBA 154LBS CHAMP
YURI FOREMAN HAS 5'11" HT. AND 72" REACH while MP has 5'6" 1/2 ht. and 67" reach
YURI FOREMAN IS YOUNG AS 29 YEAR OLD
YURI FOREMAN FIGHTS (28) ARE ALL IN JR MIDDLE WT. DIV.

WHY SOME PACLANDER'S SAID YURI IS A PAPER CHAMP? YURI BECAME AN NABF CHAMP FOR 3X .

DON'T FORGET THAT ODH VS F.STURM FIGHT WAS A GIFT IN FAVOR OF OSCAR!!! HE WAS BEATEN BADLY BUT STILL THE JUDGES LET OSCAR WON.

DON'T FORGET THAT PBF VS C.BALDOMIR WAS A GIFT TOO. THOUGH BALDOMIR IS WBC147LBS CHAMP THAT TIME.

DON'T FORGET THAT PPBF VS JMM WAS A GIFT FIGHT TOO IN FAVOR OF FRAUD JR.

Matthew 28:20"I am with you always, even unto the end of the world."
Acts 20:35 "It is more blessed to give than to recieve."
Philippians 4:13"I can do all things through CHRIST which strengtheneth me."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:40 pm 
Cruiserweight

die hard!!! wrote:
I AGREE W/U BRO TS !

ALSO I BELIEVE THAT MP WILL BE FIGHTING AGAINST WBA 154LBS CHAMPION YURI FOREMAN ON MARCH 13 2010 !!!

YURI FOREMAN HAS 5'11" HT. AND 72" REACH while MP has 5'6" 1/2 ht. and 67" reach

WHY SOME PACLANDER'S SAID YURI IS A PAPER CHAMP? YURI BECAME AN NABF CHAMP FOR 3X .

DON'T FORGET THAT ODH VS F.STURM FIGHT WAS A GIFT IN FAVOR OF OSCAR!!! HE WAS BEATEN BADLY BUT STILL THE JUDGES LET OSCAR WON.

DON'T FORGET THAT PBF VS C.BALDOMIR WAS A GIFT TOO. THOUGH BALDOMIR IS WBC147LBS CHAMP THAT TIME.

People who say Yuri is a paper champ are stupid. Probably the same people who discredit Cotto. Yuri is champ for a reason; because no one in his division has beaten him. Who in their right mind, of Pacquiao's size, would fight Yuri? No one. Unless, of course, they are as good as Pac.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:48 pm 
Heavyweight

CarneSeca wrote:
die hard!!! wrote:
I AGREE W/U BRO TS !

People who say Yuri is a paper champ are stupid. Probably the same people who discredit Cotto. Yuri is champ for a reason; because no one in his division has beaten him. Who in their right mind, of Pacquiao's size, would fight Yuri? No one. Unless, of course, they are as good as Pac.

yes, i agree w/ u bro !!!

Matthew 28:20"I am with you always, even unto the end of the world."
Acts 20:35 "It is more blessed to give than to recieve."
Philippians 4:13"I can do all things through CHRIST which strengtheneth me."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:58 pm 
Light Heavyweight

CarneSeca wrote:
die hard!!! wrote:
I AGREE W/U BRO TS !

Yuri is legit!!! He beat Santos who was a long time Champ & Has wins against Margarito.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:00 pm 
Light Heavyweight

I typed something like that and put my name as Buboy F.

Can't be proven legit.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:22 pm 
Heavyweight

manlyestrada wrote:
hop ethey dont ifght yuri or else buboy will eat his words since yuri is also a "picked" fighter like they did david diaz

Diaz was a Champion at a higher weight when Pac fought him. Nothing can diminish Diaz's status as a Champ back then. Not everybody goes up in weight and beat the Champ.

Moreso with Yuri Foreman. The guy is fighting at 154lbs. The last time PacMan fought, he was 144lbs. To go up, yet again in weight, to fight the Champ out there is no easy task.

Better keep your crabbing duckhead at home please. Bythe way, have you ever laced a pair of boxing gloves? 8)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:30 pm 
Heavyweight

boxingfan wrote:
I typed something like that and put my name as Buboy F.

Can't be proven legit.

I share your suspicion.

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:32 pm 
Cruiserweight

paper champ, paper champ, paper champ

did i say paper champ yet?.....just in case>>>>>>>>paper champ

CarneSeca wrote:
die hard!!! wrote:
I AGREE W/U BRO TS !

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:39 pm 
Heavyweight

I certainly think that this is the best scenario for Pacquiao -

Fight Yuri Foreman first for another title then face Mayweather September next year.

I'm sure Floyd will also fight someone like a Matthew Hatton prior to that BIG fight with Pac...

So who's the better fighter and more accomplish boxer at this point , Yuri Foreman or Matthew Hatton??

So who's cherry-picking the most easy opponent if that happens, Is it Floyd or Pac??

You be the judge..

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:05 pm 
Cruiserweight

FARPOST wrote:
paper champ, paper champ, paper champ

did i say paper champ yet?.....just in case>>>>>>>>paper champ

ok? No, you didn't say "paper champ". You typed it. You're corny, you're corny, you're corny. Oh, and did I mention? You are corny!

Last edited by CarneSeca on Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:08 pm 
Welterweight

manlyestrada wrote:

how would fighting Yuri Foreman make Buboy eat his words? I can't find any part of that post saying that Pacman won't fight Yuri.....would you mind helping me on it?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:23 pm 
Light Heavyweight

lucky for you all floyd wants a tune-up to shakeoff those ring rust or it will be an early sad face to all of you....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:43 pm 
Middleweight

I GUESS NUTHUGGERS ARE DESPERATE TO CALL FLOYD'S ATTENTION :biglaugh: