Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:24 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:46 am 
Light Heavyweight

First of all, our prayers to Z Gorres for his recovery.
But why put the burden on Manny as to financial obligation.
Manny has no relation to ZGorres either as promoter or manager for at least there is contract obligation between the two. There was none.
The only thing is ...they are in the same profession. And Manny is money meaning his pocket is full of million dollars.
First of all, Z Gorres should go after his manager to see what is in the contract. If there is a provision with regards to injury, or if there is insurance in case of incapacity due to boxing.
Also, ZGorres should know as to what extent is the promoter's liability in this kind of injury due to performance in the ring.
Ask if there is boxer liability insurance...this is million dollar worth insurance if covered.
Lastly, ask our government, our Sports commission if there is any compensation for a boxer like him who give honor to the country but suffered injury.

Do not put all the blame to Manny. Legally, Manny is not oblligated by way of giving cash out of his pocket but only there to help by way of donation or by way of raising fund for Gorres. But to give cash out of his hard earned money by brutal boxing, Manny has no obligation.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:48 am 
Cruiserweight

here's more rida....

http://forum.philboxing.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=162161

nakakahiya ano?

mag sorry ka naman.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:53 am 
Heavyweight

kalagukoy wrote:
First of all, our prayers to Z Gorres for his recovery.
But why put the burden on Manny as to financial obligation.
Manny has no relation to ZGorres either as promoter or manager for at least there is contract obligation between the two. There was none.
The only thing is ...they are in the same profession. And Manny is money meaning his pocket is full of million dollars.
First of all, Z Gorres should go after his manager to see what is in the contract. If there is a provision with regards to injury, or if there is insurance in case of incapacity due to boxing.
Also, ZGorres should know as to what extent is the promoter's liability in this kind of injury due to performance in the ring.
Ask if there is boxer liability insurance...this is million dollar worth insurance if covered.
Lastly, ask our government, our Sports commission if there is any compensation for a boxer like him who give honor to the country but suffered injury.

Do not put all the blame to Manny. Legally, Manny is not oblligated by way of giving cash out of his pocket but only there to help by way of donation or by way of raising fund for Gorres. But to give cash out of his hard earned money by brutal boxing, Manny has no obligation.

I think alot of the complaints has a alot to do with Manny giving away money so readily and with no reservations to his fat aliporeses who participates in his weight loss program, I mean who needs the money more? Z who is in a critical condition and will never be able to make money again thru boxing or his fat hangers on who has steady jobs yet keep on sucking money from Manny....the main question is why is it so easy for him to give $3,000 to $20,000 to these guys who were also the same people who joined his weight loss program last time?

- Statement of President Noynoy Aquino on appointing Boy Abunda in his cabinet.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:20 am 
Cruiserweight

Manny Pookyaw wrote:
here's more rida....

nakakahiya ano?

mag sorry ka naman.

another guy that doesnt know whats going on.. all i said till z gorres left las vegas sunday the 14th wala pa binigay si pacquiao.... i dont know now baka maroon na after that day i post.. why dont you read my post first before you comment..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:31 am 
Cruiserweight

rldabomb wrote:
Manny Pookyaw wrote:
here's more rida....

nakakahiya ano?

mag sorry ka naman.

another guy that doesnt know whats going on.. all i said till z gorres left las vegas sunday the 14th wala pa binigay si pacquiao.... i dont know now baka maroon na after that day i post.. why dont you read my post first before you comment..

haay naku rida.....masyado ka kasing adelentado.

at first you should not post it, you should wait at least a couple of days or wait until the tribute is done.

nakaka-offend itong thread mo.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:45 am 
Light Heavyweight

Mod, sir, can we kindly delete this thread now. I believe we all know the truth.... Thanks and God Bless us and Z.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:48 am 
Middleweight

whatsuriq wrote:
Instead of wondering why Manny didn't give something to Gorres yet, why not start collecting money here let's say $20 each and give it to Gorres. Bid amount of donations takes time to arrive than small one. Let's not compare ourselves to Manny.
Instead "tirahin" nyo ang gobyerno.

TS is barking at the wrong tree! He should be asking the Philippine govt. for help instead of Manny. Manny has no obligation whatsoever to help Z- fellow boxer or not. The Phil. politicians are quick to wrap themselves like leeches to our boxing heroes. But, once they start losing or no longer popular, wala na. Just look at Rolando Navarette. All those money that they spend to throw out parades or banquets at Malacanang; they could have used those to start some sort of retirement fund not just for our boxers but for all our athletes who bring glories to the Philippines. Just be greatful and patient that Manny is willing to help out. :peace:

http://alizeeamerica.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceSxEjwXHcM

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:19 am 
Cruiserweight

during the latin fury 3 interview, manny said that ''nagbigay sya ng tulong pero di nya lang sasabihin kung magkano and tuloy padin ang tulong nya kay z and his family''.

this thread sucks!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:38 am 
Light Heavyweight

Si Manny naman ay hindi pa maituturing na talagang napakayaman na kayang magbigay ng milyon milyon.
Bakit hindi humingi ng tulong si ZGorres kay Manny Villar.
One million ay barya lang sa kanya, baka may kasama pang bahay at lote.
Sa Wowowie nga ang daming nabibigyan ni Villar na mahirap na pilipino si Gorres pa kaya na salanta na.
Pumunta lang si Gorres sa Wowowie ni Willie at humingi ng tulong kay Villar.
Billion piso nga inuubos sa election, million bara lang.
Si Manny Villar...mahirap na tumutulong sa mahirap. Million barya lang sa kanya.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:42 am 
Heavyweight

kamukhamo812 wrote:
noviceboxingfan wrote:
imakaiw wrote:
"Beggars cannot be choosers", so to speak. At the outset, Pac has no legal obligation to give Z Gorres financial assistance. Nobody can demand that of him. In fact, Pac should be commended for helping raise funds for his fallen comrade.

Let us not expect too much from Manny. He is doing his best to help. 8)

Methinks that Z Gorres' family is thankful for whatever help that other people would extend to them. I do not see any ill feelings harbored by Z's family against other people, much, more Manny Pacquiao.

Unlike, the TS who is acting as if Pac is the father of Z, and that Pac should take responsibility for Z's misfortune.

Guys, lets give Manny a break; and let's pray for Z's continued recovery. 8)

It was Manny himself who volunteered and said that he will raise $500K. So please don't call Z a BEGGAR!

First of all he didn't say Z is a beggar... It was just a figure of speech
Secondly, you said it "WILL" raise $500K... "WILL" future tense... and Manny is already doing it and contiually doing for the sake of the fallen comrade....
Prayers for your fast recovery Z, and with your family to overcome these tough times....

Thanks bro for explaining what is meant by figure of speech to novice. That's why the phrase is in quotation marks and with the phrase "so to speak". :)

Lets just help in any way we can. Manny is doing his part. Am sure ALA where Z belongs, and the other boxing fraternities, are also doing their part, too. Hope the Congressmen and Senators will spare some of the pork barrel, which they pocket most anyway, to help Z Gorres and his family. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:25 am 
Heavyweight

people need to get off manny's azz. outside his family, he is not obligated to give anyone anything! manny is not and cannot be the answer to everyone's issue. no one should expect to be rescued by manny. what happened to Z is most unfortunate but all pro fighters know the risks. Z is a good man and hopefully he's not expecting anything from manny. if he gets something from manny then great. i'd sure he'd be very thankful. Z is a man. he'll handle his situation like a real fighter that he was in the ring. Godspeed Z!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:46 am 
Light Heavyweight

rldabomb wrote:
i didnt want to post this but i think everyone should know. im tired of thinking about it and it makes me feel bad..

first of all im a big pacman fan and his my idol like a lot of us are..

but let me tell you about what the people in Las Vegas has done for Z gorres..

my name is Richard I work with Dr. Calderon Z gorres's primary Doctor. for these past 3 months

many filipinos nurses, doctors, friends and family members of Z Gorres and been a key instruments in the remarkable recover of Z gorres.

Dr. Calderon- fought to have Z gorres's Skull put back created the website with his IT Chris a http://www.zgorres.info fundraiser dinner(yes even before pacquiao did) the dinner raised $4,000 and the website and a lot of friends and patients gave money.. all together almost 10 000 was raised just from Las Vegas and the website.

Frank- UNLV boxing coach is fighting for a z gorres bill that would give all fighters including mma to have 1 million dollar insurance policy to cover medical bills for accidents and injuries to fighters

Mark Milligan and his trainer Tony and his family visited z gorres almost everyday even during training

Kuya Rod has been there almost everyday taking pictures and writing countless articles on Z gorres.

nurses doctors and even patients would stop by and say hi...

what im trying to get at is everybody thinks that pacquiao gave atleast some money already but he didnt im not saying where's the moeny but..

i know his a busy man but he didnt even visit Z one time in the hospital or even one time to say hi Z was out for 1 month and nothing not even a signal phone call..

the only tiem he saw Z was at the figth and then he again he promises to earn money for Z. Why did have to put an amount the first time is 500000 dollars deep down inside Z and his family is not expecting "that amount" anymore it but he should not have said an amount he should've just gave Z any amount and said Z here get well soon .
well paclanders you guys know the truth now.. i just wanted to share because z and his wife became part of my family now and they are very nice people. and they have a safe trip home and Z this is for you. I had to let everyone know.. see you in Cebu

The reason why Manny has not yet given the money he promised is because he mentioned last time that he does not want the money to be used to pay for the hospital bills amounting to $500K plus. He wanted to make sure the money would go straight to Z Gorres and family.

The handlers of Z Gorres should be the one to pay hospital bills and not Manny because they are the ones who are getting profits whenever Z Gorres fights.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:12 am 
Cruiserweight

you guys are just putting all these words in my mouth.. dont you think i know all this fundraising stuff that manny is doing i think everyone knows about it.. im not saing anything about that.. if you read my whole post you would know... theres is no doubt in my mind than manny is gonna give a large amount.

all you guys hating on me know the truth first all you guys know iswhat you hear on tv and from te media.. z gorres has been america for over 3 months until he went home sunday.. till the pinoy power 3 pacquiao did not call or text.. thats what im trying to get at okay.. kahit tawag lang i know his busy but all the other boxers atleast called...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:15 am 
Cruiserweight

imakaiw wrote:
"Beggars cannot be choosers", so to speak. At the outset, Pac has no legal obligation to give Z Gorres financial assistance. Nobody can demand that of him. In fact, Pac should be commended for helping raise funds for his fallen comrade.

Let us not expect too much from Manny. He is doing his best to help. 8)

Methinks that Z Gorres' family is thankful for whatever help that other people would extend to them. I do not see any ill feelings harbored by Z's family against other people, much, more Manny Pacquiao.

Unlike, the TS who is acting as if Pac is the father of Z, and that Pac should take responsibility for Z's misfortune.

im not even saying that there you go again...

i dont expect manny to do anything all im trying to say why did he even have to say on tv an amount.. he shouldve just said dont worry z i have funds for you and i will give then soon...

Guys, lets give Manny a break; and let's pray for Z's continued recovery. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:23 am 
Cruiserweight

these are the thing that active fighters dont want to see before the fight.

why did you post this kind of thing TS
What is your motive?
Are you rushing for the payment? we know pacman always gives in cash

since you let us know the chronological events.

please let us know what is your motive
and let us know what do you want him (pacman) to do?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next