Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:19 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: 5G
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:45 pm 
Middleweight

IoT and M2M Thrives on 5G Technology

Post subject: Re: 5G
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:22 pm 
Light Heavyweight

smart things of samsungbis iot.. it can work at minimum in 2G but it may require 5G specially when utilizing camera as part of it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:28 am 
Middleweight

d_artagnan29 wrote:
smart things of samsungbis iot.. it can work at minimum in 2G but it may require 5G specially when utilizing camera as part of it.

....possibly bro but what application was that with Samsung? I remember 2G had WAP, GPRS which had very minimal mobile internet capability.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:56 am 
Middleweight

Just want to share this video from Verizon. Look for team Balanghoy :D , the crew who were part of this history-making endeavor....

https://youtu.be/ni58XY3TbeU

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:07 am 
Cruiserweight

Don't fall for the hype (a.k.a. ultra creative marketing) which is pretty much coming from the entities who stand to profit from it. The fastest carrier network couldn't even currently approach the specified 4G speed let alone 5G specification. Doing a simple googling would yield a bunch of write-ups about the hype.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1&ei=ozy5W56sHMWssgGkoJvABw&q=5g+hype&oq=5g+hype&gs_l=psy-ab.12..0i67j0l2j0i22i30l6.802298.806089..809114...1.0..1.1031.3957.2-4j0j2j0j1j1....2..0....1..gws-wiz.......0i131.iaWdGeJJpD0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:39 pm 
Middleweight

kulukuy wrote:
Don't fall for the hype (a.k.a. ultra creative marketing) which is pretty much coming from the entities who stand to profit from it. The fastest carrier network couldn't even currently approach the specified 4G speed let alone 5G specification. Doing a simple googling would yield a bunch of write-ups about the hype.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1&ei=ozy5W56sHMWssgGkoJvABw&q=5g+hype&oq=5g+hype&gs_l=psy-ab.12..0i67j0l2j0i22i30l6.802298.806089..809114...1.0..1.1031.3957.2-4j0j2j0j1j1....2..0....1..gws-wiz.......0i131.iaWdGeJJpD0

You are partly correct but mostly wrong bro. Hype is self explanatory. Just like in boxing it's for marketing purposes.
But saying the fastest carrier network couldn't even currently approach the specified 4G speed is wrong. Let me ask you what is the fastest carrier network you know?

These are Telecommunication Standards. These are not only theories but were tested on the labs as well as on the field.

Just for your reference, A friend of mine just posted tonight on his FB the download speed he got with T-Mobile 4G Network at the Forum in LA. He is attending the Def Leppard/Journey concert with thousands of others in attendance. Yet he still got DL 117 Mbps and UL 38 Mbps. Refer below. 5G is more than this :D :D :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:54 pm 
Cruiserweight

liquid wrote:
kulukuy wrote:

You are partly correct but mostly wrong bro. Hype is self explanatory. Just like in boxing it's for marketing purposes.
But saying the fastest carrier network couldn't even currently approach the specified 4G speed is wrong. Let me ask you what is the fastest carrier network you know?

These are Telecommunication Standards. These are not only theories but were tested on the labs as well as on the field.

Just for your reference, A friend of mine just posted tonight on his FB the download speed he got with T-Mobile 4G Network at the Forum in LA. He is attending the Def Leppard/Journey concert with thousands of others in attendance. Yet he still got DL 117 Mbps and UL 38 Mbps. Refer below. 5G is more than this :D :D :D

Ya well, just for your reference, my buddy was out gulping with The Donald and was live streaming. He told me he was getting 187 Mbps on T-Mobile while doing it. So my buddy trumps (pun intended) your buddy in the reliability/integrity/honesty department cuz mine hangs out with the POTUS.

I'm confident that you are capable of simple googling with the appropriate search keys. If you could spend 10 seconds of your time to do so, you'll find a plethora of reliable reports/stats about this subject; much more reliable than your buddy and mine. So I'll leave it up to you to do your own homework. I'm also confident that after you've done this, you'll realize that my original statement is not wrong at all.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:48 pm 
Middleweight

@Kulukuy

I will not stop you from googling :D you are funny.

My friend is real person. You want his name and phone number? :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:57 am 
Cruiserweight

Even the fastest among the countries with the fastest 4G LTE or whatever the marketing nomenclature they currently use nowadays (i.e. LTE-A, WIMAX, etc.), the fact is that none of them comes close to the original "first generation" 4G specification of 100 Mbps for low mobility (i.e. riding in cars, etc.) and 1 Gbps low mobility (i.e. walking or stationary). So 5G is just another "next generation" snake oil they're about to peddle...just like they did with 4G...to yet again fleece us for more money. Don't take my word for it. Do your own research and post relevant and reliable data/stats here to prove me wrong:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:47 am 
Cruiserweight

Oops! Typo.

That is 100 Mbps for "high" mobility and 1 Gbps for low mobility.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:59 am 
Middleweight

kulukuy wrote:
Oops! Typo.

Siguro eto hindi typo :D

Peace Bro Keep on googling :D

And btw, I don't have to research google because I am fortunate to be part of the team that build the 5G Network. :D
As soon as this baby is ready for testing I will share the results. This is not google bro this is the real deal AIR 5121

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:41 pm 
Cruiserweight

liquid wrote:
kulukuy wrote:
Oops! Typo.

Siguro eto hindi typo :D

Peace Bro Keep on googling :D

And btw, I don't have to research google because I am fortunate to be part of the team that build the 5G Network. :D
As soon as this baby is ready for testing I will share the results. This is not google bro this is the real deal AIR 5121

I didn't research it. I read the specs a long time ago when they started to peddle the 4G snake oil. So it's data from Q4 2017 which was just published early this year. If you wanna split hairs, then post recent/current worldwide data/stats that shows networks that reach 100 Mbps high-mobility and 1 Gbps low-mobility downlink speeds and prove me wrong. I'd like to believe you but so far, your argument is based on hearsay because you have not posted any proof to support it.

I really do not care if you are the scientist who came up with the theory and successfully experimented with it in the lab or whatever. Theory and experimentation is one thing. Real-world application is another. If you are a real tech guy, then you should know this. Case in point: the 4G fiasco as I have been stating.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:05 pm 
Middleweight

@Kulukuy PEACE Bro :D

Where is that hatred coming from?

I have really nothing to say to you anymore because as you said even if I am the scientist (I wish :( ) who developed this technology you don't care...WoW :shock: :shock: :shock: That says a lot.

I once provided an actual speedtest from a real person to prove your sweeping statement that none of the carrier network ever got the 4G speed wrong, but you mocked it with your POTUS liner....that was funny though. Credit to you :D

IoT/M2M will progress without you......but do you think you can endure without these life conveniences in the coming days, months, years, decade? Tell me you will not patronize none of these :lol:

Lastly, since you are a google person you can google all you want and post it here. Please include those entries that you don't want to read :D :D :D

fin de la historia, ten un buen dia amigo :peace:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:09 am 
Cruiserweight

liquid wrote:
@Kulukuy PEACE Bro :D

Where is that hatred coming from?

I have really nothing to say to you anymore because as you said even if I am the scientist (I wish :( ) who developed this technology you don't care...WoW :shock: :shock: :shock: That says a lot.

I once provided an actual speedtest from a real person to prove your sweeping statement that none of the carrier network ever got the 4G speed wrong, but you mocked it with your POTUS liner....that was funny though. Credit to you :D

IoT/M2M will progress without you......but do you think you can endure without these life conveniences in the coming days, months, years, decade? Tell me you will not patronize none of these :lol:

Lastly, since you are a google person you can google all you want and post it here. Please include those entries that you don't want to read :D :D :D

fin de la historia, ten un buen dia amigo :peace:

The old "hatred/hating/hate" deflection tactic, eh. Furthermore, your elitism (or your effort to impress us that you are an elite technocrat) has been so transparent in your disparaging anti-googling comment as if you don't rely on it yourself. It means that you feel more "elite" than the true scientist/technocrats who depend on it to do their research. I guess you are not aware of the early history of the interweb before what it is today as we know it. It's funny that you keep posting "PEACE Bro" but continue your disparaging and dismissive ways (which has nothing to do with facts at that) on the same post. Why is that?

So you made a conclusion and declared in here that 4G is up to par with the original speed specification of 100 Mbps high-mobility and 1 Gbps low-mobility based on a single benchmark by your buddy using the Speedtest app while attending a concert against about 3 million users, 12.5 million completed tests and half a billion data points in the first half of 2018 in the US (actually, the 1 Gbps benchmark target is applicable to your buddy's situation since he was "stationary"). You're kidding, right? Here's the 2018 report by Ookla itself (owner/developer of Speedtest). Is this report recent and satisfactory enough for you? Perhaps it is not up to your standards because you're such a snob as far as googling is concerned but it exist so here it is:

http://www.speedtest.net/reports/united-states/

Have you just recently come across the acronym IoT and M2M, got overexcited about it and started this thread because you feel like you have discovered it first and feel the need to impress us? Where have you been? IoT/M2M has been around ever since the Internet came to be and even before that when they weren't called as such (industrial applications and what-not) and way before they entered into the public's consciousness just recently. Do you even understand what it really means? "IoT/M2M will progress without you"? Yet another elitist statement (however ignorant and misinformed) from a pretender. Give us a frigging break already! Actually, I'm ahead of you in that department. I have already read concepts about cryptocurrency/blockchain application in IoT that you couldn't even begin to imagine. Yes, you can find it by googling. Unfortunately (for you), you snobbishly belittle it because it is not good enough for you. So your loss.

Look, I merely called it like it is...based on facts and reliable data/stats. If you got offended by that and misconstrued it as "hatred" (I don't exactly know what of since you did not elaborate on it), then I can't help you there. I think it's either your paranoia or your futile attempt to save face in here is getting the better of you. I personally think it's the latter. Of all people, I would be one eager to support tech innovation/advancement including 5G, 6G, 7g...1000G. However, I am also pragmatic and usually do not allow myself to get sucked into a hype, most especially if the initiators who stand to profit by it have a track record of not delivering what they were hyping but instead, took advantage of it as an excuse to fleece consumers of their hard-earned money. Why are you defensive about that? What's our stake in it?

By all means. Please do post google entries that you think "I don't want to read"...whatever they are. There's but one caveat though: they better be based on facts and sound data/stats. Otherwise, you're just perpetuating your gossipmongering.

I guess you didn't "google" that last line of your post in Spanish, huh? To that end, here's my "google" reply to that:

Slutet av berättelsen? Det börjar bara bli intressant.