Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:27 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:19 am 
Middleweight

Retz wrote:
Which brand would you recommend in terms of quality, service and a price that is just right for laptop computers? :D

Lenovo by IBM.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:21 am 
Middleweight

yourasianboy wrote:
Macbook Pro is the only way to go! haha I dont get why laptops have to be so expensive in the Phils. the price is way cheaper here, in the US. My cousins asked me to buy their laptops over here and they saved over half the price! So, if you have any relatives in the US, ask 'em to buy it here for you. you'll save so much money. and, talkin bout brands, Mac is the best out there by far! their operating system is much better than PC. it is much easier to use and maintain. best of all, you will NEVER EVER get a virus because apple updates its system every week directly to the ram compared to the pc of every month to 3 mos. also, it doesnt slow down like what pc tends to do overtime and you could always upgrade your memory easily!! it only took me 30secs to upgrade mine from 2GB sdram to 4GB!! its amazing! try it cause i was just like most of you 4mos ago thinkin that macs are overated and just for status symbol. its definately worth your money and youd never have to buy another laptop ever!

tHERE IS ALSO VIRUS IN APPLE BRO. AND THE ONE WHO INVENTED IT IS THE ONE CONNECTED WITH APPLE! NEGOSYO LNG YAN PRE.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:38 am 
Bantamweight

golden eye wrote:
yourasianboy wrote:
Macbook Pro is the only way to go! haha I dont get why laptops have to be so expensive in the Phils. the price is way cheaper here, in the US. My cousins asked me to buy their laptops over here and they saved over half the price! So, if you have any relatives in the US, ask 'em to buy it here for you. you'll save so much money. and, talkin bout brands, Mac is the best out there by far! their operating system is much better than PC. it is much easier to use and maintain. best of all, you will NEVER EVER get a virus because apple updates its system every week directly to the ram compared to the pc of every month to 3 mos. also, it doesnt slow down like what pc tends to do overtime and you could always upgrade your memory easily!! it only took me 30secs to upgrade mine from 2GB sdram to 4GB!! its amazing! try it cause i was just like most of you 4mos ago thinkin that macs are overated and just for status symbol. its definately worth your money and youd never have to buy another laptop ever!

tHERE IS ALSO VIRUS IN APPLE BRO. AND THE ONE WHO INVENTED IT IS THE ONE CONNECTED WITH APPLE! NEGOSYO LNG YAN PRE.

Ok, maybe there is such virus but its rare and you are more likely to get one if your not updated and careless on what you download. whatever you say, mac's still better that pc.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:44 am 
Flyweight

it really depends on what you need, you need a gaming laptop? or just for surfing...

i have a dell inspiron 1520, so far im satisfied with it.. all games are running without any problems.. (even those high end ones like far cry2 and crysis).. display is nice too..

the aspire 6920 is a good one too.. specs are great for the price, and not to mention its also a blu ray player.. :)

im still thinking if im going to buy that one.. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:48 am 
Cruiserweight

Retz wrote:
Thanks for your reply! actually I'm choosing between this five (5) brands namely: Dell, Toshiba, HP, Lenovo & NEC. :D

They're all made in China and lifespan almost the same. It depends on the specs and what you are trying to accomplish with the laptop.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:58 am 
Flyweight

DELL XPS works perfect for professionals... Ill go for DELL XPS.. I bought mine a year ago and until works the same like new...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:02 am 
Bantamweight

Fists_of_Fury wrote:
Retz wrote:
Thanks for your reply! actually I'm choosing between this five (5) brands namely: Dell, Toshiba, HP, Lenovo & NEC. :D

They're all made in China and lifespan almost the same. It depends on the specs and what you are trying to accomplish with the laptop.

you dont have to stereotype china! haha yea, they all may be made in china but different companies and definitely made from different materials. thats why some are more expensive than the others.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:04 am 
Welterweight

compaq try it you love it :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:06 am 
Welterweight

Macbook Pro with leopard OSX , virus free, very durable.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:06 am 
Welterweight

Fists_of_Fury wrote:
Retz wrote:

Yeap hes right. If you want to have multimedia app. Hp and Sony got the edge.

I am using Acer Aspire 5050 for 2 years now. I scrapped lame vista and move to Ubuntu Linux.

Ubuntu (Studio) 8.10 + compiz = great experience
vista = garbage hehehe

.., What hath God wrought.
Numbers 23: 23 (KJV)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:10 am 
Light Heavyweight

Dell XPS 1530 used to be the best one (former number 1 in CNET Laptop Reviews). I didn't encounter any prob with this brand.

BUT MAC is making a lot of noise right now with those Solid State Hardisk.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:11 am 
Cruiserweight

You have to choose between Dell and Mac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:16 am 
Flyweight

Macbook Pro freak'n expensive... Its good no dubt about it.. But I can build at least $2500 that works the same as Macbook Pro that cost around $3500.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:21 am 
Bantamweight

big_punch wrote:
Macbook Pro with leopard OSX , virus free, very durable.

Dude finally, Amen! lol :jumpballs:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:26 am 
Bantamweight

Bobonghenyu wrote:
Macbook Pro freak'n expensive... Its good no dubt about it.. But I can build at least $2500 that works the same as Macbook Pro that cost around $3500.

what kinda store have you been goin to? mine cost 2500 with office for mac, warranty, tax, ...everything! haha maybe you're bein cheated. check out the prices uhmm ..NOW! theyre not that expensive anymore. and you dont really have to get the powerful ones cause you could upgrade it easily.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32  Next