Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum
http://forum.philboxing.com/

Good AutoCAD school to enroll in
http://forum.philboxing.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=217754
Page 3 of 3

Author:  Ron-HK [ Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Good AutoCAD school to enroll in

batangpinoy wrote:
Dear fellow Paclanders,

May i ask if u know a good school offering basic AutoCAD. Im interested in learning the basics.

Tnx :lol:


Hi there!
If you have your own PC, not necessary a very good one, you may download a trial version of AutoCAD here
http://usa.autodesk.com/autocad/trial/

You may also find this link useful:
http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocad/enu/online-help/browse#WSa5366f3b42cc8b11117921aaaa3d5ba-0024.htm

and here you’ll be able to download the User's Guide, Command Reference etc.. all in PDF format;
http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocad/enu/pdf-documentation

You'll learn fast if you have one installed on your machine... kahit mag expire yung trial license niya... everything in it is functional, except of course, you won't be able to save your work, but that's ok, just start getting familiar with all the basic commands and be patient.

My suggestion to you is once you have it installed, do a real desktop study maybe start with a room or a small house, then start asking/posting questions where and how to start. (not just here, there are plenty of blogs/websites where you can get some really useful help) Doing it this way, you'll learn not only how to use AutoCAD, but some drafting skills too... good luck and enjoy learning! :)

Author:  grant714 [ Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Good AutoCAD school to enroll in

Obviously he hates autocad.. :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

No Sir, I don't think he hates AutoCAD, no one does, it is still one of the most user-friendly drafting tools in the business... but, of course everyone is excited about Revit and BIM (Note: Revit is just a tools to doing BIM), and yes, it is advancing rapidly and I love it too!, but unless you're very much involved in the process (and actually experienced the complexity of various types of building documentation/deliverables) bear in mind the often tight deadline of submissions... then you'll understand that AutoCAD or any 2D drafting softwares may stay longer than he predicted.... :) Revit rocks! but for now, AutoCAD remains a savior....hahaha.[/quote]



I agree, we're using revit now para sa project documentation namin, talagang mabilis at accurate ang mga drawings namin. kelangan lang talaga maganda ang pag set-up ng BIM sa umpisa ng project para organize, pati libraries ng families at templates. But still using autocad for quick detailing and sketches, Autocad will stay longer or will coexist along with revit in the future IMO. :)

Author:  ZeroCustom [ Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Good AutoCAD school to enroll in

hayden_agenda wrote:

bro how to convert a cad format file drawings like a perspective or plans into a format that can be posted on facebook? ty



type "RENDER" then it will show the drawing in render form.. and save as "JPEG" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Author:  Rincewind [ Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Good AutoCAD school to enroll in

ZeroCustom wrote:
hayden_agenda wrote:

bro how to convert a cad format file drawings like a perspective or plans into a format that can be posted on facebook? ty



type "RENDER" then it will show the drawing in render form.. and save as "JPEG" :lol: :lol: :lol:

..shortcut is "RR" diba?

Author:  deathkisser [ Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Good AutoCAD school to enroll in

Ron-HK wrote:
batangpinoy wrote:
Dear fellow Paclanders,

May i ask if u know a good school offering basic AutoCAD. Im interested in learning the basics.

Tnx :lol:


Hi there!
If you have your own PC, not necessary a very good one, you may download a trial version of AutoCAD here
http://usa.autodesk.com/autocad/trial/

You may also find this link useful:
http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocad/enu/online-help/browse#WSa5366f3b42cc8b11117921aaaa3d5ba-0024.htm

and here you’ll be able to download the User's Guide, Command Reference etc.. all in PDF format;
http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocad/enu/pdf-documentation

You'll learn fast if you have one installed on your machine... kahit mag expire yung trial license niya... everything in it is functional, except of course, you won't be able to save your work, but that's ok, just start getting familiar with all the basic commands and be patient.

My suggestion to you is once you have it installed, do a real desktop study maybe start with a room or a small house, then start asking/posting questions where and how to start. (not just here, there are plenty of blogs/websites where you can get some really useful help) Doing it this way, you'll learn not only how to use AutoCAD, but some drafting skills too... good luck and enjoy learning! :)



sarap magaral ng AutoCAD i think malaki bayad sa mga yan!

Author:  mysql [ Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Good AutoCAD school to enroll in

Is anybody still drafting manually nowadays? I remember doing it that way many years ago. It was ******* tedious.

Author:  Rincewind [ Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Good AutoCAD school to enroll in

mysql wrote:
Is anybody still drafting manually nowadays? I remember doing it that way many years ago. It was ******* tedious.

..and blades were a must to clean the ink blots. it was indeed tedious. however, it was easier to draw 3D elevations back then. unlike now wherein you must've a good grasp on how the UCS work. :D

Author:  cutefix [ Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Good AutoCAD school to enroll in

Sometimes getting addicted to the use of convenience drafting tools make you a bit dumb....

I still remember the last time I used a slide rule,, my classmates were smarter.and independent minded....now with pocket calculators and then PCs the engineering students are having difficulty to conceptualize a design in their minds..........The older engineers have the independence to think on their feet without the need of fancy tools..... just old fashioned drafting tools and slide rule for calculation, coupled with indigenous brain power.......Real intelligence and talent in its very best....

Those were the days.........

Author:  Rincewind [ Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Good AutoCAD school to enroll in

cutefix wrote:
Sometimes getting addicted to the use of convenience drafting tools make you a bit dumb....

I still remember the last time I used a slide rule,, my classmates were smarter.and independent minded....now with pocket calculators and then PCs the engineering students are having difficulty to conceptualize a design in their minds..........The older engineers have the independence to think on their feet without the need of fancy tools..... just old fashioned drafting tools and slide rule for calculation, coupled with indigenous brain power.......Real intelligence and talent in its very best....

Those were the days.........

..just coz engineers and architects are now using high-end software in the field doesn't necessarily mean they're dumber than the engineers/architects of the past and vice-versa (using tech pens, t-square, inclined drawing board, etc)...

Page 3 of 3 All times are UTC + 8 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/