Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:48 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 771 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 52  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:04 pm 
Cruiserweight

zabro_e wrote:
kulukuy wrote:
redhorse wrote:
Carneseca happened to be more informative here than the ts. :D

No offense bro ts but without carneseca in here, this thread could have been long dead. All questions about this bitcoin thing deserves some answers on your point of view, not bringin on some links that half of us don't know. I even thought this forum was for mining engineers paclanders.
:D :peace: :peace:

I couldn't care less if the thread dies, gets a funeral service and gets buried. It doesn't affect my life. Believe me, I got a lot of other stuff to put my on than to be preoccupied with a forum thread. I was putting out information and see if there are others here who are into Bitcoins and hopefully engage in a discussion. Obviously, nada! That's what forums are for; to discuss. But, there are always gonna be keyboard warriors and trolls to spoil it.

I agree with you on this TS.

And that's why he's still replying instead of deleting the thread. Since he has already made up his mind not to explain his post to non-techie people, and since he obviously think no one is interested, why not just let the thread die? Truth is, he's a pacland addict just like everyone of us. He couldn't help but post a reply to what he consider as trolls. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:28 pm 
Heavyweight

i still don't understand wtf is a bitcoin :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:46 pm 
Cruiserweight

Quick, tell me how can i earn from this bitcoin. Do i have to spend 50 to earn 100? pwede ba wlang kapital computer lang at internet?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:43 am 
Cruiserweight

The friggin obsessed troll is still here? I mean, he doesn't even like Bitcoins...or does he? Judging from his last few statements, it is obvious that he really is the one who's the most anxious on here to know and get started with Bitcoin mining. Why doesn't he get a life already or perhaps get a hooker to get him to chill out and divert his obsession by getting laid.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:03 am 
Cruiserweight

kulukuy wrote:
The friggin obsessed troll is still here? I mean, he doesn't even like Bitcoins...or does he? Judging from his last few statements, it is obvious that he really is the one who's the most anxious on here to know and get started with Bitcoin mining. Why doesn't he get a life already or perhaps get a hooker to get him to chill out and divert his obsession by getting laid.

:lol: :banghead:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:07 am 
Cruiserweight

freewheeze wrote:
i still don't understand wtf is a bitcoin :lol:

Perhaps I'll just start responding by PM (if I do have the time) because there's a troll on here who pretends to not like Bitcoins but actually he is most anxious to know about it so he can start mining already as soon as possible and earn Bitcoins already without paying his dues. I think this type of person is what is referred to as a "spoon feed ho". So, out of his frustration for not getting the information fast enough, he started doing what he does best - trolling. He wants a shortcut and the quickest way for him to earn Bitcoins but I'm not gonna let him in on anything. Let the leech work for a change and let him figure it out for himself. Yep! The frigging pretentious troll ruined it for everybody. So, PM would be the best way to exchange information regarding Bitcoins. I would still keep posting on here with impertinent info though just to bust his chops. ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:12 am 
Cruiserweight

Ring Warrior wrote:
Quick, tell me how can i earn from this bitcoin. Do i have to spend 50 to earn 100? pwede ba wlang kapital computer lang at internet?

Yep! But you need some upgrade to your existing computer.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:27 am 
Cruiserweight

Much better kulukuy. Although a little slow, it's good that you've realized you have to answer when asked especially if you're the TS. Answering questions about your thread feels much better that just showing off your rig and selling bit coins, doesn't it?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:41 am 
Cruiserweight

My other awesome gaming rig below just joined in the mix and started mining since yesterday afternoon with my other smaller but still awesome rig showcased in the beginning of this thread. In less than 24 hours (this morning), my awesome rig below already hit a mother lode (found a block):

I made some progress. Installed...

RAM ( http://www.corsair.com/cmp6gx3m3a1600c8.html ),

RAM cooler ( http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-CMXAF2-Dominator-Channel-Airflow/dp/B001TDEBZ2 ),

CPU ( http://www.amazon.com/Intel-3-06GHz-LGA1366-Desktop-Processor/dp/B002A6G3V2 ),
CPU water block ( http://www.koolance.com/product_archive/product_info.php?product_id=402 )
and CPU water block adapter for LGA 1366 ( http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=749 )

on motherboard ( http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4484386&SRCCODE=GOOGLEBASE&cm_mmc_o=VRqCjC7BBTkwCjCECjCE )

...before mounting it on the motherboard tray in the case.

motherboard mounted and plumbing laid out...

UV CCFL (along left edge of frame), optical drive and reservoir/pump unit mounted...

the lower chamber where the entrails are located...

power inverter for the UV CCFL (green thing), hard drives and fan controller...

PSU...

it's pretty much done; water cooling circuit has been primed and ready to tackle high OC temps...

I'm just waiting for the video cards to come in; note the PCIE power cables, PCIE x16 expansions slots and open expansion ports patiently waiting for the video cards...

then I can finally flash the BIOS, load the OS, dial in the overclocking numbers and do all the rest of the fun stuff.

Video cards finally came in: http://www.evga.com/articles/00577/ ...

rear view...

front view...

side view without the side panel...

side view with see-through side panel.

CPU overclock: from stock 3.06GHz to 4.00GHz; able to go up to 4.2+GHz but 4.0GHz is more manageable temperature wise especially for a 24/7 rig.

Video Cards (SLI) overclock:
core - from 822MHz to 930MHz
shader - from 1645MHz to 1860MHz
memory - from 3608MHz (effective) to 4140MHz (effective)

Heaven DirectX 11 and AvP DirectX 11 benchmarks @ 1680x1050 with settings on high:

Not too shabby for a budget, low-end DirectX 11 SLI machine. Broke it in with a freshly installed Crysis 2. Here's a couple of short gameplay video capture; the rig consistently yields 60 fps with "System Spec" set to default "Extreme" and no hiccups so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtPR_9_YhpQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLrgqc_RVAo&feature=related

Although the primary hard disk of my rig was a RAID 0 array, it only scored 5.9 on the WEI; way below the rest of the subsystems/components which has an average score of 7.8. It is a significant disparity (2 index points). Suffice to say, it was a bottleneck.

In an attempt to bring it up to par with the rest of the components and loosen up the bottleneck, I reluctantly took the plunge and got these babies at a whopping $2+/GB (compared to $.04/GB for spinners):

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Force-Ultra-Supported-CSSD-F60GB2-BRKT/dp/B003N8DID2

...and this is my current WEI profile after migrating the contents of my systems (OS/boot) drive to the RAID 0 SSDs:

That's more like it. I'm sure the hard disk score went off the charts (beyond the maximum score of 7.9) as indicated in this benchmark:

I used to get around 60 fps on Crysis 2 with "System Spec" set to "Extreme". I'm now doing up to the 80s with the same settings. The following are gameplay screenshots with frame rate overlay on top right corner:

I guess the effort paid off.

Additionally, while the CPU is @ 4.0 GHz, Vcore and Vdimm are still below the maximum voltage threshold (1.375V and 1.65V respectively):

http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=37150&processor=i7-950&spec-codes=SLBEN
http://www.corsair.com/cmp6gx3m3a1600c8.html

I'm still trying to tweak the voltages down to achieve a "sweet spot" at the lowest possible voltage at this clock.

BTW, did I mention that my rigs are the most awesome rigs around? Drool baby! ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:28 pm 
Cruiserweight

We used to have this dog (he's no longer with us). When he was a puppy, he fell off the stairs and hit his head on the floor below. Thankfully, he survived after being unconscious for a couple of days. But ever since then, he's obsessed with anything that moves like rustling leaves, flying birds and practically anything that moves and incessantly barks at them including his own tail; amusingly I might add. He chases his tail around and furiously barks at it until he gets dizzy and falls off on his side and lay there for a bit. LOL! So yeah, I started missing him again. The funny thing is that I tend to miss him only when I'm on this thread. I wonder why.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:32 pm 
Cruiserweight

I'm unloading some Bitcoins. Buy now before it's too late. You snooze, you lose (a figure of speech, not literal)!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:41 pm 
Cruiserweight

Mining Bitcoins is not automatically anoymous. One has to do some work to make it so. So, be mindful of this if anonymity of your Bitcoin wealth is paramount.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:08 pm 
Cruiserweight

:lol: I heard dogs behave as their owner.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:10 pm 
Cruiserweight

kulukuy wrote:
My other awesome gaming rig below just joined in the mix and started mining since yesterday afternoon with my other smaller but still awesome rig showcased in the beginning of this thread. In less than 24 hours (this morning), my awesome rig below already hit a mother lode (found a block):

I made some progress. Installed...

I'm still trying to tweak the voltages down to achieve a "sweet spot" at the lowest possible voltage at this clock.

BTW, did I mention that my rigs are the most awesome rigs around? Drool baby! ;-)

:lol:
Dude! get a girlfriend or a boyfriend if you prefer!

Last edited by CarneSeca on Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:15 pm 
Cruiserweight

kulukuy wrote:
We used to have this dog (he's no longer with us). When he was a puppy, he fell off the stairs and hit his head on the floor below. Thankfully, he survived after being unconscious for a couple of days. But ever since then, he's obsessed with anything that moves like rustling leaves, flying birds and practically anything that moves and incessantly barks at them including his own tail; amusingly I might add. He chases his tail around and furiously barks at it until he gets dizzy and falls off on his side and lay there for a bit. LOL! So yeah, I started missing him again. The funny thing is that I tend to miss him only when I'm on this thread. I wonder why.

I heard dogs behave as their owner. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 771 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 52  Next