Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:47 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:38 am 
Middleweight

I bought a genius easy pen 3 days ago. The pen keeps on clicking while hovering about 5mm from the tablet. I had it replaced already but the problem is still there. I used it on the laptop of my sister in-law and it is working fine. My pc is still almost brand new. installed XP and 7 did not help at all. Installed newest drivers is also no help. Can't find any solution on the net. I have been searching for 2 days with no luck. Really need help. Really appreciate it if someone can give me answer. It's driving me insane already.

....Juan Dela Cruz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:01 am 
Heavyweight

my daughter have a bamboo pen and touch, i think she encountered similar problem before and his older brother adjusted some settings in the pc... i'll ask them what they tweak to have it work.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:12 am 
Cruiserweight

incompatibility problem
you may explore adjustment settings....
or search the true driver for the tablet I think

"If one day speed kills me, don't cry, because I was smiling."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:48 am 
Light Heavyweight

.*ATOM*. wrote:
I bought a genius easy pen 3 days ago. The pen keeps on clicking while hovering about 5mm from the tablet. I had it replaced already but the problem is still there. I used it on the laptop of my sister in-law and it is working fine. My pc is still almost brand new. installed XP and 7 did not help at all. Installed newest drivers is also no help. Can't find any solution on the net. I have been searching for 2 days with no luck. Really need help. Really appreciate it if someone can give me answer. It's driving me insane already.

try not to hover it too close,,the pen is using static electrical charge to make inputs on the capacitive screen,it happens to my phone when using my fingers only.it could be the screen being super sensitive...from what i understand anyways..i could be wrong

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:48 am 
Middleweight

bugoyparin wrote:
my daughter have a bamboo pen and touch, i think she encountered similar problem before and his older brother adjusted some settings in the pc... i'll ask them what they tweak to have it work.

Thanks in advance. All i see in the net is rhe same problem but no solution.

....Juan Dela Cruz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:55 am 
Middleweight

Blazing Speed wrote:
incompatibility problem
you may explore adjustment settings....
or search the true driver for the tablet I think

I adjusted some settings function on the botton, change sensitivity but it just replaced the problem with another. Tried so many drivers.

....Juan Dela Cruz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:57 am 
Middleweight

PacManfan wrote:
.*ATOM*. wrote:

try not to hover it too close,,the pen is using static electrical charge to make inputs on the capacitive screen,it happens to my phone when using my fingers only.it could be the screen being super sensitive...from what i understand anyways..i could be wrong

I can use it that way. But it is sot difficult.

....Juan Dela Cruz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:16 am 
Middleweight

up.

pls, i still have not found a solution.

....Juan Dela Cruz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:52 pm 
Middleweight

after a long time of searching i finally found the answer. there is actually nothing wrong with my pc or my tablet afterall. it took me this long to find it. My CPU is new but i kept my old tube screen. The electromagnetic in the screen is the one causing my pen to malfunction. i was so relieve. finally found it. I just want to share it for those who are having the same problem.

Quote:
Repairing graphic tablet pensSome graphic tablet pens stop working properly or get unreliable after some time of usage. First, one should check the most common issues:

Battery powered pens may need new and fresh batteries
If the pen tip fits too tight it will not work properly. Same applies if the tip is too loose.
Most tablets work electromagnetically and can be influenced by magnetic fields of monitors, loudspeakers, power supplies or other ferromagnetic parts surrounding it Serial port tablets may suffer from misconfigured ports or other programs trying to access the serial ports
USB tablets can be disturbed by other USB devices
Of course, driver problems are also common
Repairing the pen itselfIf the hints above do not help experienced user may find a solution by disassembling the pen. The following issues may be fixed there:

Battery powered pens might suffer from dirty, bended, oxidated or loose battery holders
The buttons which can be found in many pens can get stuck due to dirt or excessive force, as well as the pen tip
Some pens (usually low-priced ones) use unfixed pen solenoids which may dislocate over time. These can be fixed if the solenoid of the disassembled pen is moved carefully until the pen works properly. It is recommended to fix it with a tiny(!) bit of glue or varnish afterwards.
At disassembly it is often necessary to remove exposed parts like buttons first. Most parts are hold together using snap-in connections and are only to be removed after other parts. A sharp knife is often a handy tool.
Important: Never apply force during disassembly. Avoid getting far into the pen using sharp tools - most components, especially solenoids, are very fine and easily destroyed.

....Juan Dela Cruz