Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:56 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:01 pm 
Cruiserweight

got dual OS laptop for work..xp/W7 SP1

I accidentally installed the updates on W7; including the SP2 updates..etc cant remember others

rebooted and got past the log in part..but when it loaded the screen was black with cursor ...task manger did not work .tried safe mode with CMD..and manage to restore..but it did not solve the problem..now im stuck on XP. does not want to reformat..and repair/installation cd not available...btw safe mode does not work either...task manger and all..only safe mode w/ CMD seems to work.
Any solution?

Thanks

____
Live Responsibly!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:10 pm 
Cruiserweight

up for the techies

____
Live Responsibly!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:32 pm 
Cruiserweight

Kamatis wrote:

I accidentally installed the updates on W7; including the SP2 updates..etc cant remember others

rebooted and got past the log in part..but when it loaded the screen was black with cursor ...task manger did not work .tried safe mode with CMD..and manage to restore..but it did not solve the problem..now im stuck on XP. does not want to reformat..and repair/installation cd not available...btw safe mode does not work either...task manger and all..only safe mode w/ CMD seems to work.
Any solution?

Thanks

Ok na ba?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:45 pm 
Welterweight

Kamatis wrote:

Any solution?

Thanks

It sometimes happens, that windows updates load a few bad installs to our computers. System Restore is always the ultimate remedy for hard to fix software problems as long as the computer still loads when booting.

You said only safe mode with CMD seems to work but did not solve the problem.

A few questions:
1. Is did not solve the problem means going back to black screen with cursor?
2. Did you choose the Automatic Restore Point only?
3. Didn't you check a tick box that says Show more restore points?
4. Pirated ba Windows 7 mo?

How to Perform System Restore Using Safe Mode with Command Prompt?
http://forums.anvisoft.com/viewtopic-47-4624-0.html

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:53 pm 
Cruiserweight

Ring Warrior wrote:
Kamatis wrote:

Any solution?

Thanks

Ok na ba?

As of now Xp gamit ko..pero kulng mga softwares na dapat ggmitin ko for work. Reformat is not an option, worst case scenario, pa check ko nlng sa IT, bka mafired pa ako magmlman

____
Live Responsibly!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:55 pm 
Cruiserweight

BOLDYAK wrote:
Kamatis wrote:

Any solution?

Thanks

It sometimes happens, that windows updates load a few bad installs to our computers. System Restore is always the ultimate remedy for hard to fix software problems as long as the computer still loads when booting.

A few questions:

1. Yes
2. I did, but i chose the most recent restore point. I will try to restore again with last week's restore point.
3. I did
4. Im in china. So, it's given pirated nga

____
Live Responsibly!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:35 pm 
Welterweight

Kamatis wrote:
BOLDYAK wrote:
Kamatis wrote:

Any solution?

Thanks

A few questions:

1. Yes
2. I did, but i chose the most recent restore point. I will try to restore again with last week's restore point.
3. I did
4. Im in china. So, it's given pirated nga

2. It means that system restore is working in your computer but you have to try another date (older dates) until you get the right one.

4. The reason I asked if it's pirated is, maybe because it was detected by Microsoft and it put something into your system (just a hunch).

Also, black screens usually occur when the WAT or WGA detected an illegal copy of windows in your system. But it's different in the sense that you can still work on your computer until a certain time frame (maybe 30 days) before Microsoft officially blocks your pirated copy of Windows. And besides, the black screen there is just a black wall paper which is removable in the Display Properties after the WAT or WGA is removed from the system.

So my guess for a black screen is:
1. Microsoft issue...WAT...bad updates...
2. Bad drivers and programs you installed days before the problem appears..
3. Could be a hardware issue (video card)
4. Virus and malwares

Solution:
1. System Restore can do it as long as the computer responds in any Safe Mode.
2. Windows Repair - -> http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:43 am 
Cruiserweight

Kamatis wrote:
Ring Warrior wrote:
Kamatis wrote:

Any solution?

Thanks

Ok na ba?

As of now Xp gamit ko..pero kulng mga softwares na dapat ggmitin ko for work. Reformat is not an option, worst case scenario, pa check ko nlng sa IT, bka mafired pa ako magmlman

Since u did restore from safe mode with cmd u won't be able to restore it in a date prior to that previous restoration point. What i have in mind is to save all the data in that pc by using data retrieving tools commercially available and when u have all the data - nuke that hdd into submission. ^__^

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:46 pm 
Light Heavyweight

possible solutions:

1. System restore (safe mode) then undo the sp1 update
2. Uninstall graphic card driver (safe mode) then download latest version
3. Uninstall the graphic card and try to use the onboard vc

last option:

1.backup the data
2.reformat

:lol: :lol: :lol: