Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:22 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 348 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:44 am 
Cruiserweight

TheEnigma wrote:
Mang Pelu, that’s quite a lengthy rebuttal you’ve posted above.

However, I don’t have the luxury of time to tackle every point you raised -- much less the impulse to ascertain the exact text of Chief Justice Marshall’s arguments. The last of the text, I suspect, you’re quoting out of context.

For now, I would suggest that you go back to that article to which I provided a link, because there is more to the "separation of church and state" than meets the eye. There are subtler points we can learn from the historical relationship between Church and State, particularly the unique nature of the Church.

mang Enigma, the quotes I made all reference the taxation equating to destruction principle, but you are free to reference any or even the complete text of Justice Marshall's arguments if you think it is out of context, of course :)

the link you provided assumes the church that "existed 1700 before the United States came to be" is the only church worth discussing. Incidentally, I am a Catholic therefore that church is my church as well. But I am also broadminded enough to realize there are "churches" or religions that exist aside from my own......historical relationship between church and state rings quite a bell, as I previously stated the meddling on state affairs of the Holy Roman Empire in Europe should be a big topic for discussion which unfortunately I cannot seem to find in the link :?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:31 pm 
Middleweight

The development of Church and state policy in the early centuries

https://hardonsj.org/the-development-of-church-and-state-policy-in-the-early-centuries/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:33 am 
Heavyweight

Last warning na talaga or else I will be forced to ban you both... :lol:

Lipat nyo ang discussion nyo sa official taxation thread... :D

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=288937&start=165

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:42 am 
Cruiserweight

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:02 am 
Heavyweight

BTW, sa link ni mang enigma, hindi ko na binasa..
Ang haba pero mukhang wala naman dun ang discussion about taxation... :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:15 am 
Cruiserweight

JABEZJ wrote:

me too..

actually mas mahaba pa sa text ng arguments ni Justice Marshall that I quoted and that unfortunately mang Enigma does not have the time nor impulse to look into, but that he suspects I quoted out of context :lol:

btw

W+1 Jabez, for off topic post

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:04 am 
Heavyweight

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:44 pm 
Middleweight

JABEZJ wrote:

Taxation is just the icing on the cake. That link I provided above was mainly intended to quench Mang Pelu’s thirst for an extensive discussion on the historical relationship between Church and State (which, according to him, did ring a bell on his mind, particularly the so-called “church meddling on the affairs of the state”).

But, back to taxation, I would like to ask Mang Pelu to provide us with the link to the full text of Chief Justice Marshall’s arguments from which Mang Pelu quoted some portions of the text in his rebuttal above.

Unless and until he is able to provide us with the link, we have every reason to suspect that Mang Pelu was quoting some of Marshall’s statements out of context, thus amounting to a gross misrepresentation or mischaracterization of Marshall’s arguments.

And finally, back to the thread topic on cryptocurrency..........ngiiiii patay! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:57 am 
Cruiserweight

TheEnigma wrote:
JABEZJ wrote:

Taxation is just the icing on the cake. That link I provided above was mainly intended to quench Mang Pelu’s thirst for an extensive discussion on the historical relationship between Church and State (which, according to him, did ring a bell on his mind, particularly the so-called “church meddling on the affairs of the state”).

But, back to taxation, I would like to ask Mang Pelu to provide us with the link to the full text of Chief Justice Marshall’s arguments from which Mang Pelu quoted some portions of the text in his rebuttal above.

Unless and until he is able to provide us with the link, we have every reason to suspect that Mang Pelu was quoting some of Marshall’s statements out of context, thus amounting to a gross misrepresentation or mischaracterization of Marshall’s arguments.

And finally, back to the thread topic on cryptocurrency..........ngiiiii patay! :lol: :lol: :lol:

mang Enigma, you misunderstand me...I do not thirst for an extensive discussion on the historical relationship between Church and State, at least not the discussion that only tackles the Roman Catholic Church and which also appears to ignore the Holy Roman Empire's blatant meddling of Euopean state affairs, which after scanning the link you gave, is what I gathered.

I also protest the reverse burden of proof unreasonably heaped on me, that in order to prove I did not quote out of context, I have to provide proof. As far as our discussion is concerned, you referenced Justice Marshall's arguments first therefore it is assumed you have access to the original arguments. I believe it is preferable to go back to the origins of the ideas and not just rely on mere second-hand interpretations, for by only doing the latter one can inherit the biases and prejudices of those who only lifted the original ideas to fit their own arguments, or agendas :)

but...yes, I agree, back to cryptocurrency.............ngiiiiii patay !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

btw

W+1 Enigma, Equalizer for off topic posts

:bounce1:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:05 pm 
Middleweight

Mang Pelu, I think we have to make a distinction. I’m not accusing you, but only suspecting or having the impression that you quoted Chief Justice Marshall’s statements out of context. The burden of proof is not on me, as there is nothing to prove on my part. It’s mere suspicion or cautious distrust. Instead, you are honor-bound to nullify my suspicions by providing us with the link. After all, the statements you highlighted and attributed to be a portion of the text of Marshall’s arguments in your rebuttal couldn’t have come from nothing.

Please give us the courtesy of providing us with the link. It’s as simple as that.

If still no link can be found, like cryptocurrency.........ngiiii patay! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:43 am 
Cruiserweight

TheEnigma wrote:
Mang Pelu, I think we have to make a distinction. I’m not accusing you, but only suspecting or having the impression that you quoted Chief Justice Marshall’s statements out of context. The burden of proof is not on me, as there is nothing to prove on my part. It’s mere suspicion or cautious distrust. Instead, you are honor-bound to nullify my suspicions by providing us with the link. After all, the statements you highlighted and attributed to be a portion of the text of Marshall’s arguments in your rebuttal couldn’t have come from nothing.

Please give us the courtesy of providing us with the link. It’s as simple as that.

If still no link can be found, like cryptocurrency.........ngiiii patay! :lol: :lol: :lol:

noted mang Enigma..

However, whether it is a suspicion, an accusation, an impression, even an insinuation...usually the one pointing the finger or casting the doubt is also the one who provides supporting material or proof, not the other way around.

After all, I don't think we are employing tactics like what Hunter S. Thompson wrote in his "Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72" articles in Rolling Stone that covered the US presidential campaign :)

Hunter S. Thompson wrote:
“This is one of the oldest and most effective tricks in politics. Every hack in the business has used it in times of trouble, and it has even been elevated to the level of political mythology in a story about one of Lyndon Johnson’s early campaigns in Texas.

“The race was close and Johnson was getting worried. Finally he told his campaign manager to start a massive rumour campaign about his opponent’s life-long habit of enjoying carnal knowledge of his barnyard sows.

“Christ, we can’t get away with calling him a pig-fucker,” the campaign manager protested. “Nobody’s going to believe a thing like that.”

“I know,” Johnson replied. “But let’s make the sonofabіtch deny it.”

Besides, as I said the first reference to the dictum "The power to tax involves the power to destroy" did not come from me. If there is actually a need for the full text of the Marshall argument, I think it should be provided by the one who first introduced the idea :D

btw
W++ na tayo nito..

ngiiii........................patay :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:17 am 
Heavyweight

king ina.. mahina na nga ako sa math... dinagdagan pa ng History at English!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:05 pm 
Cruiserweight

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

.....................basta ako poser lang :bounce1:

ngiiii.............................patay na naman :?

Majority of bitcoin trading is a hoax, new study finds
  • Ninety-five percent of spot bitcoin trading volume is faked by unregulated exchanges, according to a study from Bitwise this week.
  • The firm analyzed the top 81 crypto exchanges by volume on industry site CoinMarketCap.com. They report an aggregated $6 billion in average daily bitcoin volume. The study finds that only $273 million of that is legitimate.
  • “People looked at cryptocurrency and said this market is a mess; that’s because they were looking at data that was manipulated,” says Matthew Hougan, global head of research at Bitwise.
Published Fri, Mar 22 2019 11:58 AM EDTUpdated Sat, Mar 23 2019 12:12 AM EDT
Kate Rooney

CNBC wrote:
New research is casting even more doubt on the legitimacy of bitcoin trading.

An analysis published by Bitwise this week shows that 95 percent of bitcoin spot trading is faked by unregulated exchanges. The survey, first reported by The Wall Street Journal, echoes concerns by regulators that cryptocurrency markets are still ripe for manipulation.

Bitwise, an asset manager in the process of trying to list the first-ever bitcoin exchange-traded fund, said it met with the Securities and Exchange Commission on Tuesday to discuss its application. As a part of the process, it submitted analysis that could help regulators cut through the noise.

“People looked at cryptocurrency and said this market is a mess; that’s because they were looking at data that was manipulated,” said Matthew Hougan, global head of research at Bitwise. “When you cut away the echo chamber of these nonsense numbers, it should be an efficient, well-arbitraged market.”

The analysis showed that “substantially all of the volume” reported on 71 out of the 81 exchanges was wash trading, a term that describes a person simultaneously selling and buying the same stock, or bitcoin in this case, to create the appearance of activity in the market. In other words, it’s not real.

Those exchanges report an aggregated $6 billion in average daily bitcoin volume. The study finds that only $273 million of that is legitimate.

“The idea that there’s fake volume has been rumored for a long time; we were just the first people to systematically look at which exchanges were delivering real volume,” Hougan told CNBC.

The San Francisco-based firm compared at Coinbase Pro, which reports about $27 million in average daily volume in bitcoin. Its median “spread,” or difference between the price a seller wants and the price a buyer wants, for bitcoin was about 1 cent. That scenario passed Bitwise’s test for having real volume.

But in another stark comparison, CoinBene — the biggest reported exchange on CoinMarketCap.com — has a nearly $15 spread. Hougan said they found other extreme examples of exchanges with a spread of more than $300.

“It is surprising that an exchange with almost 18 times the volume of Coinbase Pro would have a spread that is 1,500 times larger,” Bitwise said in the report.

Exchanges may have an incentive to report fake volume. Bad actors may look to attract listings for new initial coin offerings, or ICOs, who want their cryptocurrency on an exchange where more trading goes on, Bitwise said. Those fees can run from $1 million to $3 million per listing, according to data from Autonomous Next.

U.S. regulators have taken a cautious approach to making bitcoin mainstream for traders. The SEC highlighted the risk of manipulation as reason for rejecting applications for other cryptocurrency ETFs. The office of New York Attorney General also flagged the issue in a recent report warning that exchanges are vulnerable. Because most cryptocurrency trading platforms don’t use the same monitoring tools as stock exchanges, SEC Chairman Jay Clayton has warned that investors may not get a fair assessment of bitcoin’s price.

“What investors expect is that trading in the commodity that underlies that ETF makes sense and is free from the risk of manipulation,” Clayton said in November at the Consensus Invest Conference in Manhattan. “It’s an issue that needs to be addressed before I would be comfortable.”

Hougan said this also explains why trading volume for regulated bitcoin futures has seemed weak. Chicago-based CME and Cboe began listing bitcoin derivatives at the end of 2017 but have had much lower volumes than the $6 billion reported by unregulated exchanges.

“When you realize the size of the real bitcoin market, the CME starts to look a lot more significant,” Hougan said.

:celebrate: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:21 pm 
Cruiserweight

kaya naman pala....

............................rigged ang mga transactions wahahaha :lol: :beeh:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:46 pm 
Heavyweight

is crypto really dead?

coz the other guy here is making a rig, a super budgeted one.. or was it a super budgeted rebuild?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 348 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next