Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:58 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:33 pm 
Middleweight

Ramrod25 wrote:
rapid_mouth wrote:
Ramrod25 wrote:
rapid_mouth wrote:
Ramrod25 wrote:
Ramrod25 wrote:
rapid_mouth wrote:
AND THAT ALSO CUTS MANNY'S STRING OF TWENTY STRAIGHT VICTORIES WON VIA KNOCK-OUT SINCE 1997!

String of 20 straight victories since 1997....???? How about that draw with JMM in 2004...???? That one, I think, stopped his string of victories since 1997....!!! Don't you agree....???

Not to mention Manny's decision loss to Erik in their first fight....!!!

what about the draw with agapito sanchez and the loss to singsurat--- to make you more happy, sir! :? :o

Let's stop this....I should not have appended Manny's first fight with Erik...!!! Hehehehe...!!!!! Agree na ako sa'yo, e....!!!! Basahin mo sa mga post ko sa itaas....hehehehe...!!!!

this has been my problem remember--- my computer is busted--- messages come in late aside from the fact that the keyboard and the mouse hangs up!

Yeah.....same here...!!!! And sometimes some Paclanders are so quick to the draw....!!! Ang bibilis mag-post....You're not yet finished editing your post, e......may response kagad.....!!!

ah ok so we're on the same boat--- hahaha how about that--- two people with slow and kaput computers almost engaging in a semi-verbal toss up... hehehehehehee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:34 pm 
Middleweight

i just hope this will really works for him as a tune up, if he will not step up and have an early start for his preparation for his next assignment, then things will be different for him....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:36 pm 
Heavyweight

rapid_mouth wrote:
Ramrod25 wrote:
rapid_mouth wrote:
Ramrod25 wrote:
rapid_mouth wrote:
Ramrod25 wrote:
Ramrod25 wrote:
rapid_mouth wrote:
AND THAT ALSO CUTS MANNY'S STRING OF TWENTY STRAIGHT VICTORIES WON VIA KNOCK-OUT SINCE 1997!

String of 20 straight victories since 1997....???? How about that draw with JMM in 2004...???? That one, I think, stopped his string of victories since 1997....!!! Don't you agree....???

what about the draw with agapito sanchez and the loss to singsurat--- to make you more happy, sir! :? :o

Let's stop this....I should not have appended Manny's first fight with Erik...!!! Hehehehe...!!!!! Agree na ako sa'yo, e....!!!! Basahin mo sa mga post ko sa itaas....hehehehe...!!!!

this has been my problem remember--- my computer is busted--- messages come in late aside from the fact that the keyboard and the mouse hangs up!

Yeah.....same here...!!!! And sometimes some Paclanders are so quick to the draw....!!! Ang bibilis mag-post....You're not yet finished editing your post, e......may response kagad.....!!!

ah ok so we're on the same boat--- hahaha how about that--- two people with slow and kaput computers almost engaging in a semi-verbal toss up... hehehehehehee

:peace: :peace: :peace:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:40 pm 
Middleweight

Ramrod25 wrote:
rapid_mouth wrote:
Ramrod25 wrote:
rapid_mouth wrote:
Ramrod25 wrote:
rapid_mouth wrote:
Ramrod25 wrote:
Ramrod25 wrote:
rapid_mouth wrote:

yes we are sir... so when are you paying teledyaryo another visit?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:45 pm 
Heavyweight

rapid_mouth wrote:
Ramrod25 wrote:
rapid_mouth wrote:
Ramrod25 wrote:
rapid_mouth wrote:
Ramrod25 wrote:
rapid_mouth wrote:
Ramrod25 wrote:
Ramrod25 wrote:
rapid_mouth wrote:

I watch teledyaryo every afternoon if I'm not on the computer. Honestly, I don't watch public affairs program at that TV network which promoted Manny's fight...!!!! Too much negative comments already, e, and most of them are biased broadcasters......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:48 pm 
Middleweight

Ramrod25 wrote:
rapid_mouth wrote:
Ramrod25 wrote:
rapid_mouth wrote:
Ramrod25 wrote:
rapid_mouth wrote:
Ramrod25 wrote:
rapid_mouth wrote:
Ramrod25 wrote:
Ramrod25 wrote:
rapid_mouth wrote:

I watch teledyaryo every afternoon if I'm not on the computer. Honestly, I don't watch public affairs program at that TV network which promoted Manny's fight...!!!! Too much negative comments already, e, and most of them are biased broadcasters......

hahaha thanks sir--- i hope you do like some of the news we feature there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:51 pm 
Welterweight

Bro Im proud with PacMan and feel the same to Larios by putting a gallant fight in front of the hometown crowd. But to tell u the truth, there is an empty space because I do believe that there is nothing more than sweetier than a knockout win just like PacMan did to his previous opponents.

Nevertheless, Congratulations to Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao.

Peace Bro!

Manny PACMAN Pacquiao

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:04 pm 
Heavyweight

rapid_mouth wrote:
Ramrod25 wrote:
rapid_mouth wrote:
Ramrod25 wrote:
rapid_mouth wrote:
Ramrod25 wrote:
rapid_mouth wrote:
Ramrod25 wrote:
rapid_mouth wrote:
Ramrod25 wrote:
Ramrod25 wrote:
rapid_mouth wrote:

hahaha thanks sir--- i hope you do like some of the news we feature there.

Naiintidihan ko pa naman...!!!! Hehehehe...!!!! Biro lang..!!! Actually, I like the way you give the news...!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:06 pm 
Lightweight

Just my thoughts on this fight.....

I have never seen Pacman smile and be so at ease during a fight as this one (with the exception of the 3rd round).

After he floored Larios on the 7th, Pacman even touched gloves with Larios as the referee finished the standing 8 count. Usually Pacman follows up with killer instincts.

Why was there a standing 8 count anyway? Didn't the rules specifically say no standing 8 count?

I've also never seen Pacman punch with his left and nearly simultaneously duck and move to his right. He was gone before Larios could answer back. This was very effective on this fight. He got Larios many times with this move.

I wouldn't be surprised if Pacman & Larios were friends before this fight. They treated each other with so much respect. IMO two gentlemen in the ring which is rather rare these days.

When Larios was down a 2nd time late in the fight, he even nodded to Pacman while down on the canvas. I think his thoughts were: "you get me there...good punch!"

I found Pacman looking at his corner and smiling or winking too many times during the fight which to me suggests that he is very confident that Larios cannot hurt him.

Considering all of the above especially the touching of the gloves after the 8-count, I personally think that Pacman could have ended the fight a lot earlier but simply chose not to. I think it was in his own interest to make it last longer - I doubt he will encounter such a tune-up in his workouts so he chose to make the fight last longer.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by moy71 on Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:12 pm 
Bantamweight

and after the fight, in the interview, manny pacquiao was wearing the mcdonalds hut and drinking red bull. which is he never do before. and after the 7th rounds larios legs are shaking already. we know pacquiao he can KO larios anytime from 7 to 12 rounds. he was trying to do it in 12 rounds but no more time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:12 pm 
Strawweight

be contented of what manny shown to his match with larios and yet we seen of what he deserves...let us rejoice and be proud of him......and be thankful also to him for giving the filipino to be proud of .......... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:38 pm 
Middleweight

Chololo prepared himself well in this fight. I have more respect to Larios than Barrera. Tonight (or last night), this kid gave all what he's got (100%). He almost put PACMAN out or down in the third round. just like what some of the Paclanders are saying: Manny is getting more technical everytime he fights and still in the learning process. Manny's opponents are at their most dangerous form between the first and fifth rounds but eventually PAC learned how to adjust himself using the stinging left and right lateral movement. Some call it a tune up fight...I don't. Manny gave an outstanding performance. Don't be disappointed. I salute Freddie Roach for another fine performance of his disciple...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8