Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:27 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:46 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:28 pm
Posts: 35014
Location: Cebu, Phils., Paclander ID No. 0044
proud2bFlip wrote:
Possible reasons that MP did not finish Larios off:

1. Tune up fight - Tune up means to test. FR said that, they proved that MP can fight 12 rounds. Perhaps their real game plan is to finish the fight to test MP's capability, power, stamina.. etc for the whole 12 rounds. Before the fight, FR said that they are ready for 12 rounds. However, if a KO happens, it would be a bonus. In other words, they already planned a 12 round fight. Words of KO from FR was just for intimidation and mental propaganda.

2 We all know that if MP wants to finish off opponenets like the way he did with MAB, EM.. after a knockdown he would always follow it with a barrage of punches to stop the fight. Today, he did not do it. He allowed Larios to recover and box him, scoring points and box him just like a sparring practice. I truly believe that if MP wanted to finish him off, after that round 7 knockdown he would engage and there would have been flurries of punches and a stoppage.

3. Manny wants to giva a show. Not to disappoint the fans who spent thousands just to see a 1 round fight.

4. Larios is a warrior. He came well prepared and I salute his courage, pride and determination. He took a lot of good shots and he handled it pretty well. Hands down to this warrior!

5. MP's face after the fight didn't even show any bruises or cuts. Means to say, he was just playing around and didn't even give a 100%, all out fight unlike before. Though he was pinned a couple of times, but he knew he could handle him. Complacency and too much confidence are possible reasons .


Except on what you have cited in your #4 above, there are no other possible reasons because it was not intentional on Manny's part not to KO Larios....!!!! Any boxer, famous or not, wants a KO for a win....!!!! Manny is no different...!!! Like I said the only reason why Manny can't KO Larios is found in your #4 above....Larios is a strong boxer as he really prepared for this fight....!!! That, for me, is the only reason....!!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:47 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:05 pm
Posts: 9073
Location: G4G Batcave!
proud2bFlip wrote:
Possible reasons that MP did not finish Larios off:

1. Tune up fight - Tune up means to test. FR said that, they proved that MP can fight 12 rounds. Perhaps their real game plan is to finish the fight to test MP's capability, power, stamina.. etc for the whole 12 rounds. Before the fight, FR said that they are ready for 12 rounds. However, if a KO happens, it would be a bonus. In other words, they already planned a 12 round fight. Words of KO from FR was just for intimidation and mental propaganda.

2 We all know that if MP wants to finish off opponenets like the way he did with MAB, EM.. after a knockdown he would always follow it with a barrage of punches to stop the fight. Today, he did not do it. He allowed Larios to recover and box him, scoring points and box him just like a sparring practice. I truly believe that if MP wanted to finish him off, after that round 7 knockdown he would engage and there would have been flurries of punches and a stoppage.

3. Manny wants to giva a show. Not to disappoint the fans who spent thousands just to see a 1 round fight.

4. Larios is a warrior. He came well prepared and I salute his courage, pride and determination. He took a lot of good shots and he handled it pretty well. Hands down to this warrior!

5. MP's face after the fight didn't even show any bruises or cuts. Means to say, he was just playing around and didn't even give a 100%, all out fight unlike before. Though he was pinned a couple of times, but he knew he could handle him. Complacency and too much confidence are possible reasons .


I agree!!! :celebrate: :toast:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:47 pm 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2005 4:17 am
Posts: 169
Location: u.s.a.
Speed Bag Master II wrote:
rbm115 wrote:
its a tune up, pac needs the whole 12 rds for practice :P


i agree bro. no need to KO Larios. We all know that Manny can do it but he chose not to!


why don't this get through everybody's skull?...manny was not 100%...what do you expect, i saw him at commerce casino late at night a couple of times during his training period prior to the fight, not to mention those other extra curricular activities in the PI? what we saw was a tired manny, things caught up with him...if he doesn't slow down in these type of activities, i don't see him lasting a long time in the ring. hate to see his boxing career last shorter than it should, but the man's got his own social life too...sorry manny, it wasn't an impressive fight tonight, but like i mentioned a win is a win!...good luck in your next ones~~


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:49 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:05 pm
Posts: 9073
Location: G4G Batcave!
Erap wrote:
So does this mean Israel Vasquez is a bigger puncher than Manny? :mrgreen:


What are you trying to point out bro??? :?:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:50 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:05 pm
Posts: 9073
Location: G4G Batcave!
fil79 wrote:
Erap wrote:
So does this mean Israel Vasquez is a bigger puncher than Manny? :mrgreen:


Hmmmm......maybe but the fight was stopped due to a cut from Larios' eye I believe.....Vasquez didn't knock out Larios cold.


uh... apology for my first post about this question... didn't read it yet before i posted that one... :)

nice answer sir fil :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:50 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:17 am
Posts: 11472
Location: Land of the Free, Home of the SPURS!!!!!
troubledmind wrote:
Erap wrote:
So does this mean Israel Vasquez is a bigger puncher than Manny? :mrgreen:


What are you trying to point out bro??? :?:


Go on read along, you'll get there eventually.

_________________
They don't even know what it is to be a fan..to truely love some silly little piece of music so much that it hurts....Groupies sleep with rockstars to be around famous people. - Almost Famous


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:52 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:05 pm
Posts: 9073
Location: G4G Batcave!
jmspb wrote:
I noticed a bhop like move of manny. A straight left then lateral movements except that bhop unleashes the straight then clinch. Just an observation. That move was very prominent in his fight with larios. It frustrated larios on several occasions.


he's experimenting on it bro... and its really effective... "parang panabong" hehehehe....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:52 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:28 pm
Posts: 35014
Location: Cebu, Phils., Paclander ID No. 0044
Erap wrote:
So does this mean Israel Vasquez is a bigger puncher than Manny? :mrgreen:


No...!!!! Bcoz Larios was only TKO'd by Vasquez because of a cut....!!!! Nothing sensational about it....!!!! :smile:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:54 pm 
Offline
Bantamweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:45 am
Posts: 46
Location: Cebu City
purple_2010 wrote:
Speed Bag Master II wrote:
rbm115 wrote:
its a tune up, pac needs the whole 12 rds for practice :P


i agree bro. no need to KO Larios. We all know that Manny can do it but he chose not to!


why don't this get through everybody's skull?...manny was not 100%...what do you expect, i saw him at commerce casino late at night a couple of times during his training period prior to the fight, not to mention those other extra curricular activities in the PI? what we saw was a tired manny, things caught up with him...if he doesn't slow down in these type of activities, i don't see him lasting a long time in the ring. hate to see his boxing career last shorter than it should, but the man's got his own social life too...sorry manny, it wasn't an impressive fight tonight, but like i mentioned a win is a win!...good luck in your next ones~~


wats impressive anyway?????? it will not matter to pacman if his career will not last long...he got plenty of dough dude and investments


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:55 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:17 am
Posts: 11472
Location: Land of the Free, Home of the SPURS!!!!!
Ramrod25 wrote:
Erap wrote:
So does this mean Israel Vasquez is a bigger puncher than Manny? :mrgreen:


No...!!!! Bcoz Larios was only TKO'd by Vasquez because of a cut....!!!! Nothing sensational about it....!!!! :smile:


That was tongue in cheek comment. I already posted this, so just FYI, Israel already KOd Oscar in the first round of their first fight. And knocked Oscar down also in the first round of thier last fight. And of course the 3rd rd TKO came after.

_________________
They don't even know what it is to be a fan..to truely love some silly little piece of music so much that it hurts....Groupies sleep with rockstars to be around famous people. - Almost Famous


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:58 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:05 pm
Posts: 9073
Location: G4G Batcave!
Erap wrote:
troubledmind wrote:
Erap wrote:
So does this mean Israel Vasquez is a bigger puncher than Manny? :mrgreen:


What are you trying to point out bro??? :?:


Go on read along, you'll get there eventually.


:D hehehe... finished.. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:01 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:28 pm
Posts: 35014
Location: Cebu, Phils., Paclander ID No. 0044
rapid_mouth wrote:
AND THAT ALSO CUTS MANNY'S STRING OF TWENTY STRAIGHT VICTORIES WON VIA KNOCK-OUT SINCE 1997!


String of 20 straight victories since 1997....???? How about that draw with JMM in 2004...???? That one, I think, stopped his string of victories since 1997....!!! Don't you agree....???


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:04 pm 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:33 am
Posts: 401
What? You're disappointed coz Pacman was not able to knock down Larios?
Please be reminded that Pacman's main objective is to win fights and not to knockdown opponents.... A win is a win....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:05 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:28 pm
Posts: 1166
Location: HCM city
Ramrod25 wrote:
rapid_mouth wrote:
AND THAT ALSO CUTS MANNY'S STRING OF TWENTY STRAIGHT VICTORIES WON VIA KNOCK-OUT SINCE 1997!


String of 20 straight victories since 1997....???? How about that draw with JMM in 2004...???? That one, I think, stopped his string of victories since 1997....!!! Don't you agree....???


No, what he meant bro ram is that MP's wins since 97 are all by KO. he had no wins via decision since larios.

but i think it is only 19(?).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:08 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 11, 2004 2:27 pm
Posts: 1422
Location: Sweden
To tell you honeslty i didn't really have shown or felt a huge enthusiasm about this fight since the very beginning. It felt that this was gonna be more like an entertainment and not a real big fight for PACMAN. I just felt that way. In fact my friend "Ang Kamao ni Zimatar" and I have talked about where and how we will hook-up to watch the fight just like what we usually do before a big PAC fight. I told him, "Ah! let's just wait for the news in PACLAND". We never doubted a bit that PAC would run out victorious in front of his homecrowd. I knew that many PAC fans wouldn't be satisfied whatever the outcome is. It's just too predictable for me. We even wanted PAC to get KD and fight with a big lion heart as the fight progress.
PAC has grown and matured a lot and knew his game more than anyone else in this world. He did this fight to entertain his people and not to disappoint them. If you were disappointed about this fight for whatever reason, you're a not a true PAC fan.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group