Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:47 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: from slugger to boxer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:39 pm 
Welterweight

i think pacman is transforming from slugger to boxer, he showed patience and good movement and combinations. he didn't go all out. looked for the opening and showed great defense except for that 3rd round :smoke:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:41 pm 
Cruiserweight

he is getting more mature......

and they say pacman cant sustained his power in the later round but look what was happened he kd larios in the 12th...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:44 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Yep, Pacman show maturity every fights, and he proved that he can still KD his opponent in the late round eg. Barerra 11rnd, EM 10rnd, Manny PACMAN the best....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:49 pm 
Featherweight

it also shows that pacman now can handle the pressure when he's hit by a hard punch several times.

when he let his opponent to land several hard punches to his face hehehe. what a cool fight though...

Last edited by Blade on Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:51 pm 
Heavyweight

I am amazed by Pacman's wicked punches.... Its like..OHHHHHHH..AHHHHHH..!!! Owwwww!!!

This is Boxing at its best!

MABUHAY KA PACMAN! MABUHAY ANG LAHING PILIPINO!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:00 pm 
Cruiserweight

Well that's part of the learning process I guess...But I would like to see him with move head movements like the old days. I've noticed that he's not doing head movements like he used to. I'm glad he did that left straight while moving to his right. He hasn't done that in a while, but he did it too much. Good thing Larios didn't learn how to defend himself from it. Either that or he was too tired to even do it. Manny's footwork has changed too, I'm just not sure if it was for the better. I think Manny's footwork were better in the past than now.

But he's gotta learn how to control that left leg of his every time he throws a left straight...That's a flaw many boxers can exploit in many ways. Many that would lead to a KO and/or KD. He should learn on how to defend better while he's on the ropes. If he can't work on that, then he should keep on doing what he does in his previous fights: While on the ropes, take a huge step with the right foot to the right to get away quickly fom the opponent and the ropes and reset.

Oh it's so soooft.

Ahh! Your p*ssy hates me...