Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:50 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:19 am 
Light Heavyweight

Xyrus wrote:
He really is a good gentleman, but sad to say Manny won't accept his rematch. I want to see him fight against JMM, or In Jin Chi, or perhaps come here in the UK and fight Scott Harrison. He still have 2 or 3 years to prove his worth. Manny is just too quick, too strong, and too good for Chololo. If he steps down at 126lbs, he may have a shot on his money. We saw that fight 4am local time here and predicted a KO in the middle rounds (4-7, 8 the most) but was amazed by Chololo's work rate and stamina. Did you all see the 3rd round? It was the mirror of the 7th round between Manny and Eric Part 2 where Eric started to put on heavy BOMBS on Manny but he came short and Manny instead BOMBED him at the end of the round. As for Chololo, you're my number 1 Mexican boxer...

welcome bro! :jumpballs: :combo::combo::combo: :jumpballs:

Oca has always been a good sport, i've seen him before in some good fights...he thanked PAC and the filipinos for having him...specially PAC for giving him the chance to show his wares in front of the filipinos, and of course, he thanked PAC for giving him the biggest payday of his carreer...he asked before about what really motivates him on fighting PAC and he said "Dinero!" :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:26 am 
Bantamweight

spices for the fight ika nga! mga tunay na lalaki lang ang marunong tumanggap nang pagkatalo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:53 am 
Middleweight

Me and my brother became an instant fan of Larios because he showed class even after losing a fight. He showed his appreciation to the Filipinos on how they treated him and his team.

Chololo also have a big heart going toe to toe with Manny.

One more example of him being a classy fighter is when he lose the 3rd match against Israel Vasquez. He lifted up Israel after they stopped the fight due to a cut.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:55 am 
Welterweight

Salute to Larios! :toast:

I want to see him fight Marquez, Barerra or Morales too! ...and let Philippines host it! I'm sure he gained a lot of Filipino fans after his fight with Manny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:21 am 
Welterweight

I think Larios is half Filipino. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:23 am 
Heavyweight

OSCAR "Chololo" LARIOS, one of the few refine Mexican boxer today... Pacland salutes you Mr. Chololo...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:49 am 
Lightweight

I agree! I didn't thought that he was such a gentleman! I was wrong with what I've said prior to the fight. He was very different to his compatriots (the 3M's). I have a lot of respect for Larios now! He really possess the character of a Mexican! Mabuhay ka!