Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:28 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:32 pm 
Cruiserweight

First, my apologies to the Morales' diehards who are just lurking around!

The way Chololo stood up and his willingness to engage the whole fight, he showed a better outing than what eric morales did in the 2nd fight with manny!

Larios showed a true Mexican warrior spirit up to the sound of the last bell, he came well-prepared and even hurt manny a couple of times, most notably in the 3rd and as some said, probably 11th. Larios made Manny work his butt off more than Eric's showing in the 2nd EM-PAC fight. It was indeed a tune-up fight for Manny. And yes, as one Paclander mentioned in another thread, Chololo reminds me of King Loiue: tall, lanky, long arms, and can duke it out when needed...it's just that Larios bumped into a wall named PACMAN!

What captures the Filipino fans' hearts was his gracious nature even in defeat! No alibis, if's and but's... This guy is a gentleman! He even said: "Salamat sa lahat" in perfect Pinoy accent. During the post-fight interview, he even said: He came well-trained and in perfect condition but he just lost to a Great Champion!!!

I salute you, Mr. Oscar "Chololo" Larios.

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut!!Will Rogers

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:35 pm 
Heavyweight

MrBoxOffice wrote:

The way Chololo stood up and his willingness to engage the whole fight, he showed a better outing than what eric morales did in the 2nd fight with manny!

Larios showed a true Mexican warrior spirit up to the sound of the last bell, he came well-prepared and even hurt manny a couple of times, most notably in the 3rd and as some said, probably 11th. Larios made Manny work his butt off more than Eric's showing in the 2nd EM-PAC fight. It was indeed a tune-up fight for Manny. And yes, as one Paclander mentioned in another thread, Chololo reminds me of King Loiue: tall, lanky, long arms, and can duke it out when needed...it's just that Larios bumped into a wall named PACMAN!

What captures the Filipino fans' hearts was his gracious nature even in defeat! No alibis, if's and but's... This guy is a gentleman! He even said: "Salamat sa lahat" in perfect Pinoy accent. During the post-fight interview, he even said: He came well-trained and in perfect condition but he just lost to a Great Champion!!!

Amen!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:37 pm 
Light Heavyweight

that's the spirit i hope na hindi niya baguhin ang statemen niya pag-alis ng pinas.. we admire you cholo for being a good sport.. welcome to philippines i hope you will visit again...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:43 pm 
Cruiserweight

lordel wrote:
that's the spirit i hope na hindi niya baguhin ang statemen niya pag-alis ng pinas.. we admire you cholo for being a good sport.. welcome to philippines i hope you will visit again...

i think the man was sincere...

makita mo sa mata eh. when his picture was shown before the fight, some of the girls who were watching with us commented: he's too good to be manny's villain! and when he finally entered draped with that whatsamacall outfit with the Our Lady of Gudalupe dominant in his chest area, they said: "Oh my God, why would he fight Manny!" Actually the ladies were just being women, concerned for the good guy! And I think Oscar Larios is a good guy! And he showed it after the fight...

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut!!Will Rogers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:25 pm 
Featherweight

Quote:

You got it bro.. it seems we have the same thinking after the fight to Larios.. emotional sometimes but its part of being a trully filipino.. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:31 pm 
Middleweight

MrBoxOffice wrote:

Yup, I'm with you here bro... Hats off to Chololo!!