Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:07 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:10 pm 
Heavyweight

Oscar Larios: A True Warrior!

by Sean Ocampo

Earlier today, Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao (42-3-2 32KOs) battled Oscar "Chololo" Larios (56-5-1 36KOs) for the WBC International Super Featherweight title here in Manila. As everybody expected Pacquiao won by a convincing manner. He wowed the crowd with his blitzing handspeed and earth shaking power shots. But the story of the night was Chololo Larios' heart and determination.

Oscar Larios' performance against the great Pacman is perhaps the best performance of his career despite on a losing effort. Chololo has nothing to be ashamed of. It was a galant effort in the part of the Mexican. He was able to do what his fellow Mexicans Marco Antonio Barrera and Erik Morales cannot do against Pacquiao. He withstood Pacquiao's ounslaught for 12 rounds despite kissing the canvas twice with right hands. I personally believe that he could have given any great 130 pound fighters around a run for their money.

No one can ever question Larios' heart after this fight. He fought a hell of a fight with perhaps the strongest puncher pound for pound in the world. He had some pretty good moments with Pacquiao most especially in the 3rd round where he was able to stagger the Filipino Bomber in to the ropes with straight right hands. He also traded with Pacquiao's best shots. That is with a doubt unbelievable.

At 29, I think he's still young and has more opportunities to come. In my personal opinion, the best weight for Larios right now is 126. I believe that he'll be formidable force in that division. As a testament for saying that he can be a great force in 126 is his performance against Pacquiao.

Larios will not leave Manila as a victim of Pacquiao's wrath but instead a true warrior. He showed the world that he can rise in every occasion. Larios, I believe will come back and be champion again. If we are just talking of tools to become world champion then Oscar Larios has it. He just fought a really great fighter today but I take my hat off to him for giving such an effort.

Going to Pacquiao, I’m looking forward to his 3rd fight against Erik “El Terrible” Morales this November 18. Pacquiao showed great improvement in his skills today with his win against Larios. The aspect of his game that I’m most impressed is his defense. Pacquiao showed superb footwork and counterpunching against Larios. He’s getting better and better every fight.

http://www.eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=7486&more=1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:14 pm 
Cruiserweight

thanx bro..

i admire larios..
he stayed there for 12 rounds.. i wanna see him win a world title again.. but hopefully, not in this division but maybe in featherweights.. he has proved to be one of the best mexican boxers there is.. no doubt.. he earned the respect of many filipino's...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:35 pm 
Heavyweight

Nice work seanee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:42 pm 
Welterweight

he hope to beat manny for bigger purse but even tho he lost he will get more money in the future he has the heart of a champion props to you chololo ur a great warrior

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:42 pm 
Heavyweight

wow

did u guys read the comments .. here read it

---------------------------------------

retreiver
tumigil ka nga ronaldo...kaya nabubwisit mga iba kay pac dahil sa tulad mo.
02.07.06 @ 21:09:41

NovzkiBlitz
Larios was a true Mexican warrior. He lasted full 12 rounds with Pacman - considering that Pac only fought three (3) 12 round fights in his entire career. No doubt he was a winner in his own right on that fight.
02.07.06 @ 20:52:57

te tumbo
STUCK ON STUPID, you've gotta be a Mexican-Hater.
02.07.06 @ 20:46:08

stuck in a moment
ocampo...you gatta be mexican.
02.07.06 @ 20:36:04

Emon - email
the best possible match up at 126 is Larios vs Juan Manuel Marquez.
02.07.06 @ 20:31:20

Ignorance ... Larios is a true warrior.. only real boxing fan can see that .. i feel bad about this guys

gj sean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:44 pm 
Heavyweight

Skillz340 wrote:
wow

did u guys read the comments .. here read it

retreiver
tumigil ka nga ronaldo...kaya nabubwisit mga iba kay pac dahil sa tulad mo.
02.07.06 @ 21:09:41

NovzkiBlitz
Larios was a true Mexican warrior. He lasted full 12 rounds with Pacman - considering that Pac only fought three (3) 12 round fights in his entire career. No doubt he was a winner in his own right on that fight.
02.07.06 @ 20:52:57

te tumbo
STUCK ON STUPID, you've gotta be a Mexican-Hater.
02.07.06 @ 20:46:08

stuck in a moment
ocampo...you gatta be mexican.
02.07.06 @ 20:36:04

Emon - email
the best possible match up at 126 is Larios vs Juan Manuel Marquez.
02.07.06 @ 20:31:20

Ignorance ... Larios is a true warrior.. only real boxing fan can see that .. i feel bad about this guys

gj sean

i don't reply to their comments... they usually talk about bullshit and stuff... i just love doing articles for esb... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:48 pm 
Heavyweight

nice piece of work bro..

ignore the comments.. theyre the "real" reason why Pac is hated. they have no idea how to give respect to an opponent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:11 am 
Cruiserweight

great work seanee. may i ask do you work freelance as a writer then? just boxing or other subjectx?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:18 am 
Cruiserweight

:toast: GREAT ARTICLE SEANEE :toast:

I agree..Larios ..a true warrior! :toast:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:39 am 
Lightweight

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU! Larios showed his heart out there! He definitely prepared for it, no doubt! Pacquiao should take this as a wake-up call, so as not to take lightly opponents in the future.

It was a scare to see Larios hammering "The Pacman" against the ropes in the 3rd round. A result of overconfidence.

Also, I think the short period of training took its toll on Manny. For a while there he was in disarray, not the focused Manny who fought Morales the last time. I hope he stays away from cockfighting and nightlife for the meantime, and start concentrating on his boxing career...THAT CAREER WHICH TOOK HIM WHERE HE IS NOW, lest he wants to be a deteriorating fighter in the VERY near future.

TO LARIOS: Well done!
TO PACQUIAO: Full two months of training the next time please. Congratulations by the way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:49 am 
Middleweight

akosiche wrote:
thanx bro..

i admire larios..
he stayed there for 12 rounds.. i wanna see him win a world title again.. but hopefully, not in this division but maybe in featherweights.. he has proved to be one of the best mexican boxers there is.. no doubt.. he earned the respect of many filipino's...

I agree Bro, when he said he came in to fight for the win, he meant it by lasting the twelve rounds. He absorbed tremendous shots and he could have just sat down and collect his money. Hats to you Oscar, you're a credit to all tough boxers who proved their worth. I would love to see him go another round with Vasquez.