Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:24 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:36 am 
Welterweight

BOTH FIGHTERS ARE SAYING THEY ARE NOT HURT BY EACH OTHERS PUNCH.

I HEARD AND SAW THAT INTERVIEW IN THE ANC IN THE POST FIGHT INTERVIEW OF THE TWO.

LARIOS SAID THAT HE WAS NOT HURT BY THE PUNCH OF PACMAN EVENTHOUGH HE GOT BRUISES AND SWOLLEN FACE. HE JUST SAID THAT THE KDs ARE SLIPS AND HE WAS JUST OUT OF BALANCE.

PACMAN SAID THAT HE WAS NOT HURT IN THE GAME. HE WAS NOT THAT HURT EVENTHOUGH HE WAS ALMOST KDed IN THE 3RD ROUND. I HEARD AND SAW THIS INTERVIEW OF DIANNE C. AFTER THE FIGHT. ALTHOUGH HE DO NOT HAVE MUCH BRUISE IN THE FACE JUST UNDER THE LEFT EYE, HE CANNOT SAY THAT HE WAS NOT HURT BY ANY PUNCH OF LARIOS.

BOTH FIGHTERS SHOULD ADMIT THAT THEY WHERE HURT IN THE FIGHT.

AND ONE MORE THING...

LARIOS IS HOPING FOR PACMAN TO GIVE HIM A REMATCH, FINKEL AND PACMAN SAID THAT AFTER THE FIGHT IS THERE A NEED FOR A REMATCH. POSSIBLE THAT FINKEL ALREADY INSTRUCTED MP TO SAY THAT INFRONT OF TH CAM, ACTUALLY IN MY OPINION, OSCAR LARIOS DID BETTER THAN ERIC MORALES BECAUSE HE TRIED TO CATCH THE SUPER PUNCH OF PACMAN, USING THE FACE AND HE DID NOT QUIT EVENTHOUGH HE WENT DOWN 2WICE. ANOTHER OPINION IS THAT IF OSCAR LARIOS FIGHT MORALES, THERE IS ALSO A CHANCE THAT HE CAN BEAT EM.

THISI S JUST MY OPINION, ANY COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO POST IT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:41 am 
Cruiserweight

Well, for me it looked like PAC was being just a lil cocky. When Larios asked if theres going to be a rematch, PAC replied and said, "Why, you want that to happen to you again?" I felt like PAC was getting a lil big headed. He also did that tip-toe ala SRL dance during the fight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:46 am 
Welterweight

have u boxd? punches dont have to hurt, what hurts more is when that cut of larios is swelling that is what hurts. They looked like they got hurt a lil bit but when u have 2 much adrenaline pumping sometimes a punch doesnt feel like anything. But what would hurt manny is if he lost infront of all his countryman that would hurt but good thing he didnt. :D

Post subject: BE HUMBLE PLEASE...
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:54 am 
Lightweight

DJflipfury wrote:
Well, for me it looked like PAC was being just a lil cocky. When Larios asked if theres going to be a rematch, PAC replied and said, "Why, you want that to happen to you again?" I felt like PAC was getting a lil big headed. He also did that tip-toe ala SRL dance during the fight.

I AGREE WITH YOU BRO! I started liking Pacquiao because of his humility in his previous fights. He always acknowledges God, and always tells people that it was good luck that he won, and not brag about how he did it, or what had happened.

I think somehow air is creeping in inside of his head. I like the down to earth Manny before. I hope he stays that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:59 am 
Heavyweight

Its called machismo. It just does not happen on Pac fights. It happens on all fights be it boxing, MMA, kickboxing and even hot chicks mud wrestling! :)

[quote="chuckisquik"][/quote]

Chuckisquik... I have seen you before outside of Pacland. Which other forums do you go to???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:59 am 
Middleweight

In the heat of a battle, there is no time to get hurt. The truth is Larios almost knocked MP out. Something Morales or Barrera were not able to do. :swordplay:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:07 am 
Welterweight

MP is starting to have his achievements in his head. Roach wants MP to finish it easily(means give your best to end it easily), but MP said that he dont have to, it seems to be that he is just playing around with OLarios.

If MP did not give his 100% on the fight (which some of us think as well) then it means that he isnot respecting Oscar Larios. OLarios gave his 100% in the fight and MP should also have done that in respect to his opponent.

My opinion doesnt really matter but that is what im thinking right now. PACMAN seems to be not the same as before.

Post subject: Re: BE HUMBLE PLEASE...
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:16 am 
Cruiserweight

sherwintanedo wrote:
DJflipfury wrote:

I AGREE WITH YOU BRO! I started liking Pacquiao because of his humility in his previous fights. He always acknowledges God, and always tells people that it was good luck that he won, and not brag about how he did it, or what had happened.

I think somehow air is creeping in inside of his head. I like the down to earth Manny before. I hope he stays that way.

It seemed like PAC wasn't respcting Larios the same way Larios was respecting him, its a shame if he turns out Ignorant. Hopefully he'd look back and reminise of what he was before, rather than pretending to be celebrity snob, which he isn't, because we both know he's very down to earth.

BTW ever noticed, all of our boxers in Mano-A-Mano all won by descision. The one who was expected to lose, Domingo won by 7th round TKO :biglaugh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:21 am 
Cruiserweight

BRUCELEE1206 wrote:
MP is starting to have his achievements in his head. Roach wants MP to finish it easily(means give your best to end it easily), but MP said that he dont have to, it seems to be that he is just playing around with OLarios.

If MP did not give his 100% on the fight (which some of us think as well) then it means that he isnot respecting Oscar Larios. OLarios gave his 100% in the fight and MP should also have done that in respect to his opponent.

My opinion doesnt really matter but that is what im thinking right now. PACMAN seems to be not the same as before.

All of our opinions matter, but will it reach Manny? I agree, PAC didn't seem to make the effort to knock Larios out. It was obvious that Manny didn't take Larios as seriously as Larios took him. You can tell by there facial expressions that Larios was fighting his heart out, while Manny seemed as though he didn't care, I have alot of repect now for Larios he was gallant in defeat and hopefully he'll win a title in jr. feather or feather. He has the heart of a champion.

:peace: PACLAND

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:23 am 
Welterweight

darren_simion wrote:
Its called machismo. It just does not happen on Pac fights. It happens on all fights be it boxing, MMA, kickboxing and even hot chicks mud wrestling! :)

chuckisquik wrote:

Chuckisquik... I have seen you before outside of Pacland. Which other forums do you go to???

i go on hiphop forums sometimes and i play online games

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:24 am 
Middleweight

djfli wrote:
----------

... does not sound like MP. Do you have a source link?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:29 am 
Welterweight

Actually I also saw and heard the post-fight interview of the two boxers. It was shown in ANC the same time JACA's fight(last round) was shown in channel 2. I tried to look for other channels reporting the fight and saw it in the ANC.

medyo yumayabang na nga si MP. I dont know baka instruction yon no FINKEL, pero it really seems that MP is not the same MP that we know before.

Last edited by BRUCELEE1206 on Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:31 am 
Cruiserweight

sabog kulog wrote:
djfli wrote:
----------

... does not sound like MP. Do you have a source link?

Manny says there would be no point of a rematch, he's basically saying I gave you a beat down, why would you want a rematch. Isn't that, just a lil bit cocky?
Heres the link.
http://forum.philboxing.com/viewtopic.php?t=45019

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:32 am 
Welterweight

That's understandable bro, a fighter with this type of caliber and stature will never accept and admit that he's hurt with certain kind of shots coz once you admit it that's as good as admitting and showing your weaknesses to your opponents which is not good rite? jaz a tot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:33 am 
Welterweight

He was in that 'third round' type situation many times and got out of them, so it's no big deal. He was just surprised.