Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:34 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:55 am 
Welterweight

lephuk wrote:
no matter what pacman does some of you will always have something stupid to say. maybe it's just typical. Why can't you just be happy our pacman won. so what if it went to distance. I personally enjoyed the fight. what more can you ask for..

leave the man alone and mind your own business.

Yes!!! That's what I'm talking about. It doesn't matter how Manny wins. A win is a win. And this is a very convincing one. I'm happy for him. So what if it went the distance? I like that. We all get to see that not only he's a great finisher, but also a great boxer. Not all boxer can put em' away you know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:04 am 
Cruiserweight

proud2bFlip wrote:
mistamatt wrote:
yeah, some ppl here in pacland say pacquiao was holding back. yeah right. manny gives it 100% all the time, and ppl take it away from both fighters saying manny was holding back. some are coming up with words because manny didnt KO him. no offense to some paclanders who do think manny was holding back. but you know, by saying he did, you are kind of taking away something from both fighters.

I am impressed and happy with what MP displayed. I savor his victory and I believe he is more of a thinker now than an implusive boxer. MP proved that he is an intelligent boxer and he knows how to play conservative now. Now that is something we didn't see from him couple fights ago. However, I believe that MP was holding back. I understand that MP is no superman that he can knock everyone he fights but he was just having fun yesterday. I am no nuthugger that would discredit MP for not knocking him out. Based on my observation, here are the possibilities that I found:

1. Tune up fight - Tune up means to test. FR said that, they proved that MP can fight 12 rounds. Perhaps their real game plan is to finish the fight to test MP's capability, power, stamina.. etc for the whole 12 rounds. Before the fight, FR said that they are ready for 12 rounds. However, if a KO happens, it would be a bonus. In other words, they already planned a 12 round fight. Words of KO from FR was just for intimidation and mental propaganda.

2 We all know that if MP wants to finish off opponents like the way he did with MAB, EM.. after a knockdown he would always follow it with a barrage of punches to stop the fight. Today, he did not do it. He allowed Larios to recover and box him, scoring points and box him just like a sparring practice. I truly believe that if MP wanted to finish him off, after that round 7 knockdown he would engage and there would have been flurries of punches and a stoppage. Manny came in prepared and 100%, no doubt about it.

3. Manny wants to giva a show. Not to disappoint the fans who spent thousands just to see a 1 round fight.

4. Larios was a warrior. He came well prepared and I salute his courage, pride and determination. He took a lot of good shots and he handled it pretty well. Hands down to this warrior!

5. MP's face after the fight didn't even show any bruises or cuts. Means to say, he was just playing around and didn't even give a 100%, all out fight unlike before. Though he was pinned a couple of times, but he knew he could handle him. Complacency and too much confidence are possible reasons .

Keep in mind that these are not statements of complaining... These are probable reasons.

I agree completely with all your points
pacman even touch gloves with Larios
in the 12th round after the knockdown
he didn't follow up at all, good job

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:05 am 
Light Heavyweight

labinTadØ® wrote:
archiekinZ wrote:
BRUCELEE1206 wrote:
mistamatt wrote:
yeah, some ppl here in pacland say pacquiao was holding back. yeah right. manny gives it 100% all the time, and ppl take it away from both fighters saying manny was holding back. some are coming up with words because manny didnt KO him. no offense to some paclanders who do think manny was holding back. but you know, by saying he did, you are kind of taking away something from both fighters.

actually it is not a hear say, it came out from the mouth of MP in the post-fight interview. FR wants him to finish the game easily but MP said he did not follow FR because he dont have to KO larios. He wants to go the distance to please the fans watching him. seems to be that if he gave his 100% then it should be over maybe withing 5-7 rounds. But he is holding back to please the fans.

any links on this one bro? this is kind of interesting..

Manny was interviewed by Korina after the fight, I think thats what he was talking about.

oh i see, i think i missed that interview...but considering the fact that his MP Promotions promoted the fight together with ABS, i think that might be believable, after all it's his promotional debut, i think, and all things considered, it was a great way to start...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:10 am 
Welterweight

labinTadØ® wrote:
archiekinZ wrote:
BRUCELEE1206 wrote:
mistamatt wrote:

actually it is not a hear say, it came out from the mouth of MP in the post-fight interview. FR wants him to finish the game easily but MP said he did not follow FR because he dont have to KO larios. He wants to go the distance to please the fans watching him. seems to be that if he gave his 100% then it should be over maybe withing 5-7 rounds. But he is holding back to please the fans.

any links on this one bro? this is kind of interesting..

Manny was interviewed by Korina after the fight, I think thats what he was talking about.

He is holding back because he knew OL was conditioned well for the fight. We have to understand that Manny had to protect himself, too. And from my perspective, Manny was right when he said he didn't need to KO Larios because he is ahead on points. Think guys, THAT'S GREEDINESS if he could have wished to KO Larios. He could but he didn't for the sake of his next fight which will matter most.

Remember, Erik will definitely review this fight and look for possible angles.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:25 am 
Flyweight

I also did not believe that pacman would consciously hold off finishing Larios if it did not come from pacman directly. If it did (I am not doubting anyone that he did say that, although I have not heard this myself), then I think that was a cocky and dangerous stunt for the pacman to do. It only takes a good shot to the kisser to learn from such a costly risk. I guess, Manny knew that even if he got seriously clocked last night, that Larios didn't have the power to hurt him. I guess Manny is smart enough not to try that with Barerra or Morales, coz those guys could rock his world, given the opportunity. I guess Manny felt that Larios could not hurt him even with the latter's best shot, that he felt he could take this risk. To each, his own. All the best, Manny. I hope you gained what you had hope to have gained from taking that risk. Good luck with EM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:28 am 
Cruiserweight

mistamatt wrote:

I started the "Was Manny Holding Back" thread. You call it fighting smart, being patient. I thought he was holding back. We disagree, that's fine. 8)

We're all entitled to our opinions so telling someone to shut up... or leave Manny alone, what are you asking/telling "us people"? Our opinions don't matter?

I'm not the only one who thinks Manny was holding back... do I think any less of Pacman? NOPE... Face it... it was a tune-up fight... do you REALLY believe his main objective was to take out Larios? 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:28 am 
Featherweight

proud2bFlip wrote:
mistamatt wrote:

I am impressed and happy with what MP displayed. I savor his victory and I believe he is more of a thinker now than an implusive boxer. MP proved that he is an intelligent boxer and he knows how to play conservative now. Now that is something we didn't see from him couple fights ago. However, I believe that MP was holding back. I understand that MP is no superman that he can knock everyone he fights but he was just having fun yesterday. I am no nuthugger that would discredit MP for not knocking him out. Based on my observation, here are the possibilities that I found:

1. Tune up fight - Tune up means to test. FR said that, they proved that MP can fight 12 rounds. Perhaps their real game plan is to finish the fight to test MP's capability, power, stamina.. etc for the whole 12 rounds. Before the fight, FR said that they are ready for 12 rounds. However, if a KO happens, it would be a bonus. In other words, they already planned a 12 round fight. Words of KO from FR was just for intimidation and mental propaganda.

2 We all know that if MP wants to finish off opponents like the way he did with MAB, EM.. after a knockdown he would always follow it with a barrage of punches to stop the fight. Today, he did not do it. He allowed Larios to recover and box him, scoring points and box him just like a sparring practice. I truly believe that if MP wanted to finish him off, after that round 7 knockdown he would engage and there would have been flurries of punches and a stoppage. Manny came in prepared and 100%, no doubt about it.

3. Manny wants to giva a show. Not to disappoint the fans who spent thousands just to see a 1 round fight.

4. Larios was a warrior. He came well prepared and I salute his courage, pride and determination. He took a lot of good shots and he handled it pretty well. Hands down to this warrior!

5. MP's face after the fight didn't even show any bruises or cuts. Means to say, he was just playing around and didn't even give a 100%, all out fight unlike before. Though he was pinned a couple of times, but he knew he could handle him. Complacency and too much confidence are possible reasons .

Keep in mind that these are not statements of complaining... These are probable reasons.

I agree w/ u. ThnX for the INFO!

PACMAN GAMES
http://www.pacquiao.net.tc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:29 am 
Bantamweight

proud2bFlip wrote:
mistamatt wrote:

Very good analysis!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:38 am 
Middleweight

I believe both Pac and Larios are sabungeros. They fought like two cocks ready to die fighting! Very good fight indeed!

Great Boxing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:56 am 
Middleweight

Osrec wrote:
mistamatt wrote:

I started the "Was Manny Holding Back" thread. You call it fighting smart, being patient. I thought he was holding back. We disagree, that's fine. 8)

We're all entitled to our opinions so telling someone to shut up... or leave Manny alone, what are you asking/telling "us people"? Our opinions don't matter?

I'm not the only one who thinks Manny was holding back... do I think any less of Pacman? NOPE... Face it... it was a tune-up fight... do you REALLY believe his main objective was to take out Larios? 8)

:toast: youre a good man to argue with osrec. well his main objective is always to defeat the opponent. and by UD dosent mean he held back. manny UD many ppl, does it really mean he is holding back to them?larios is tough. by saying 'manny was holding back' that really is taking away everything larios earned that night. its like he didnt fight the 'real manny' because he 'held back'. cmon now, a wins a win. just leave it at that. no more coming up with conclusions because he got a UD 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:30 am 
Cruiserweight

I guess Manny has good reasons why he didn't KO Larios. But I believe he made use of that fight as a real tune-up fight. Larios came out superb but Manny's really fascinating. But then, people should be happy for that win. Bigger wins by way of KO would be on the table hopefully in the coming fights!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:51 am 
Featherweight

hey!......mp give this guy a hundred percent, dude this is a tune up fight may be yeah but i dnt think so.
im happy for my man mp,......but you guys are overated.
mistake is mistake we cant afford mistake on mp vs. em III
dude! (discipline)
hold ur horses..............lol!
guys...u know what id really want to see -mp- working on his balance thats scares me when he squares off and for gerry p. more head movement but dont worry dude u still kicks ***! go gerrrrrry!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:01 am 
Cruiserweight

This happens almost everytime after pacman fights...

people here fight (kinda like a post main event fight) hehehehe :boxing:

1 guy says this vs. 1 guy says that :boxing:

your idea is wrong vs. my idea is better :boxing:

you stfu vs. you stfu also :boxing:

you're ugly vs. you're uglier :boxing:

you're panot vs. you're kalbo :boxing:

your fart stinks vs. your fart stinks more :boxing:

OH GAWD!!! I LOVE PACLAND!!!! WOOHOOOOO

:celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate:

C'MON GUYS..KISS AND MAKE UP!!! After all... Pacman won for all of us hehehehehehe :peace:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:04 am 
Heavyweight

SouL_AsyLum666 wrote:
C'MON GUYS..KISS AND MAKE UP!!! After all... Pacman won for all of us hehehehehehe :peace:

Okay soul sister, let's start with the good example. Pucker up. :biglaugh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:09 am 
Cruiserweight

BCngDC wrote:
SouL_AsyLum666 wrote:

Okay soul sister, let's start with the good example. Pucker up. :biglaugh:

OK MR BC!!! YOU ASKED FOR IT...NOW YOU PUCKER UP!!!

ahh muahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: