Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:26 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:04 pm 
Lightweight

Ramrod25 wrote:
martiniko wrote:
42% voted excellent? I can't believe it. Even Freddie Roach wasn't impressed. I dunno why folks are so blind with the win. If PACMAN's fight was like CALDERON's latest, where CALDERON never got hit with any solid punches, then that's EXCELLENT.

Freddie Roach wasn't impressed.....means he was not satisfied with Manny's performance inside the ring....!!!! But on the fans point of view....the fight was excellent.....superb.....because we all enjoyed watching it...!!! Isn't it...???? You cannot compare Roach's impression of the fight to the boxing fans impression....!!!! It's totally different...!!!!:peace:

amen! :toast:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:47 pm 
Middleweight

sometimes, boxers tend to fight at the level of their competition

you can't believe how fans rated the fight EXCELLENT because it contradicts yours..people has different views and opinions, you can't always expect them to see and render the same judgement as yours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:55 pm 
Middleweight

ranz wrote:

you can't believe how fans rated the fight EXCELLENT because it contradicts yours..people has different views and opinions, you can't always expect them to see and render the same judgement as yours.

I agree, the world doesn't revolve around you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:06 pm 
Heavyweight

grifter wrote:
ranz wrote:

Nobody's perfect....!!! If Martiniko made that observation and expressed it....!!!! Well, that his to live with....!!! If we think he missed something out of his opinion......all we have to do, I guess, is to tell him what he missed with some explanations....!!! We don't have to be sarcastic with our reactions to his post....!!! Just a little explanation.....a friendly one....will suffice....!!! Read my post in response to his opinion....!!!
:peace:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:26 pm 
Middleweight

Ramrod25 wrote:
grifter wrote:
ranz wrote:

Nobody's perfect....!!! If Martiniko made that observation and expressed it....!!!! Well, that his to live with....!!! If we think he missed something out of his opinion......all we have to do, I guess, is to tell him what he missed with some explanations....!!! We don't have to be sarcastic with our reactions to his post....!!! Just a little explanation.....a friendly one....will suffice....!!! Read my post in response to his opinion....!!!

Martiniko described, the people who viewed the fight as excellent, are blind. Don't you think its just fit to react saracstically rather than violently? The people who voted in the poll are boxing afficionados and Pacfans and if they have a certain opinion I feel that it is theirs to make and does not deserve judgement (especially belittling).

If it is friendly discussion that people are after then they should start by appraoching it in a more friendly manner so as not to attract negative reactions.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:44 pm 
Heavyweight

martiniko wrote:
42% voted excellent? I can't believe it. Even Freddie Roach wasn't impressed. I dunno why folks are so blind with the win. If PACMAN's fight was like CALDERON's latest, where CALDERON never got hit with any solid punches, then that's EXCELLENT.

You probably think its only your opinion that matters. You should give others the benefit of the doubt before calling them blind. As-hole. With that attitude you should be in the Philosophy, Religion, Metaphysics and Occult forum of Pacland. :biglaugh:

Yeah I voted excellent because I have seen a new Pacquiao. One that doesn't rush things. One who can toy around a two time world champion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:28 am 
Heavyweight

grifter wrote:
Ramrod25 wrote:
grifter wrote:
ranz wrote:

Martiniko described, the people who viewed the fight as excellent, are blind. Don't you think its just fit to react saracstically rather than violently? The people who voted in the poll are boxing afficionados and Pacfans and if they have a certain opinion I feel that it is theirs to make and does not deserve judgement (especially belittling).

If it is friendly discussion that people are after then they should start by appraoching it in a more friendly manner so as not to attract negative reactions.

A friendly tap on Martiniko's shoulder would surely wake him up on that little lapse he made. Let's not begrudge him of that mistake. Be cool. As I've said....nobody's perfect....!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:45 am 
Middleweight

He better not fight like this against Morales.