Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:52 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:56 pm 
Bantamweight

42% voted excellent? I can't believe it. Even Freddie Roach wasn't impressed. I dunno why folks are so blind with the win. If PACMAN's fight was like CALDERON's latest, where CALDERON never got hit with any solid punches, then that's EXCELLENT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:04 pm 
Light Heavyweight

lots of nuthugger here bro. :lol:
btw the poll is not over yet.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:08 pm 
Welterweight

[quote="martiniko"]42% voted excellent? I can't believe it. Even Freddie Roach wasn't impressed. I dunno why folks are so blind with the win. If PACMAN's fight was like CALDERON's latest, where CALDERON never got hit with any solid punches, then that's EXCELLENT.[/quote

It is a win that worthy of a praise...?

But for me a mediocre fight deserve to be forgotten... and that's what i do especially when Manny Pacquaio thoughts boxing fans would love his bragabouteverything.

if a P4P boxer treats his opponent lightly then it maybe called a spar or a hi-way robbery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:10 pm 
Bantamweight

I'm a boxing fan, I love PACMAN, but please o please, give credit where it is truly due. PACMAN was exceptional in the MORALES2 fight.
He was SWEET!!!

this time around?? oh man! Sure he got a strong chin and a weaker opponent, in someway they chose Larios because they know PAC can take larios' best shot. whew.

Sure a win is a win. he isn't the PAC we saw in the Barrera, Morales1+2.

Sure I will accept it. It's bragging rights.

But if you disect the fight. PAC didn't do that well.

Why is Larios loss "acceptable". And we are praising him as well for being "game"?

Larios' Loss was admirable because he stood up against the pacman until the ending bell. When everyone expected him to go home in a stretcher.

Can you also say that PAC's win is as admirable as his previous fights with better opponents?

Nope.

Be a true boxing fan, watch the fight without thinking it's PAC who is fighting.

We all knew before the fight that Larios was slower, and less of a puncher and just coming up in weight for the first time.

Hell, all facts lead to a PAC win.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:45 pm 
Light Heavyweight

martiniko wrote:
42% voted excellent? I can't believe it. Even Freddie Roach wasn't impressed. I dunno why folks are so blind with the win. If PACMAN's fight was like CALDERON's latest, where CALDERON never got hit with any solid punches, then that's EXCELLENT.

clarify first what is the definition of excellent fight in your book. then pacland will have a discussion.

just an advice bro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:59 pm 
Welterweight

maguire wrote:
martiniko wrote:

clarify first what is the definition of excellent fight in your book. then pacland will have a discussion.

just an advice bro

Excellent fight? - MP-EM part 1, MP-MAB 1, MP-EM2, need to know the differences... it's being an unforgetable win or unforgetable fight worthy always of another look... heheheh even after 100 years. :blindfold:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:46 pm 
Heavyweight

martiniko wrote:

Freddie Roach wasn't impressed.....means he was not satisfied with Manny's performance inside the ring....!!!! But on the fans point of view....the fight was excellent.....superb.....because we all enjoyed watching it...!!! Isn't it...???? You cannot compare Roach's impression of the fight to the boxing fans impression....!!!! It's totally different...!!!!:peace:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:50 pm 
Cruiserweight

Ramrod25 wrote:
martiniko wrote:

Freddie Roach wasn't impressed.....means he was not satisfied with Manny's performance inside the ring....!!!! But on the fans point of view....the fight was excellent.....superb.....because we all enjoyed watching it...!!! Isn't it...???? You cannot compare Roach's impression of the fight to the boxing fans impression....!!!! It's totally different...!!!!:peace:

agree.........

i enjoyed the fight......
the maturity that manny showed
and "the ali shuffle"!

so its excellent......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:03 pm 
Bantamweight

Cmon, if PAC of Morales2 fights the PAC of larios which PAC will win?

Obviously you love PACMAN more than the sport of boxing.

Be a true fight fan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:35 pm 
Light Heavyweight

martiniko wrote:
Cmon, if PAC of Morales2 fights the PAC of larios which PAC will win?

Obviously you love PACMAN more than the sport of boxing.

Be a true fight fan.

-----

The answer will be, If the Larios of MP-OL is Morales, then, Pacquiao could have been trained more than two months instead of 6 weeks.

Even FR admitted that Pacquiao was just 80% fit and Larios was superfit (being a gym rat), meaning MP was ill-prepared.

But no matter what, PAcquiao did a wonderful job that I enjoy to the fullest! :idea:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:51 pm 
Light Heavyweight

The important thing is we have won the fight convincingly without any controversial. Manny cannot KO's all of his opponent, that's one thing for sure. Give him a break...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:42 pm 
Lightweight

excellent fight .....NO!. But performance wise...Manny was excellent. more right hands, more combinations than he could ever use against morales. He was in control of the fight. He was able play a Maywaether on Larios -- Left straight...disappear....and leave behind a left upper cut--that had Larios thinking...What the F***??? (in spanish). He was still on his toes in the 12th
round. And that unforgettable left??...what was it? an overhand left...to me it resembled more like a TOP SPIN in ping-pong. but nonethess jerked Larios head back and got him thinking...Was that the Ref???. Manny's supposedly has two hands! And he was hit less than in previous fights.

Manny was excellent throughout the fight. And what kind'a fight was that?
It was exactly what it was supposed to be a -- TUNE-UP FIGHT.
And it was an excellent TUNE-UP Fight! But don't compare it with MP-EM3
that would be the excellent fight----and even if manny wins again but gets tons of head blows then it wont be excellent performance by manny. especially if he gets the crossed-eyes years after he retires.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:07 pm 
Featherweight

He Did a great JOB...

http://WWW.PACQUIAO.NET.TC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:10 pm 
Middleweight

LET'S RESPECT THE OTHERS' OPINIONS. EVERYBODY HAS HIS OWN WAY OF LOOKING AT THINGS OR APPRECIATING OR PERCEIVING THINGS. IF THAT'S THE WAY OTHERS SEE THE FIGHT, THEN SO BE IT INSOFAR AS THEY ARE CONCERNED.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:02 pm 
Lightweight

martiniko wrote:

you'll never know.
people who voted is just positive in their own perspective point of view.
but it doest mean they r blind, ur just amazed in the result!