Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:00 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:42 pm 
Middleweight

D' Sparrow wrote:
Battosai wrote:
THE HOOKS, THE STRAIGHTS, PLUS THE THE UPPERCUT..ONE THAT IS DERIVED FROM THE "MANILA ICE" IN TERMS OF 5 OR 6 PUCH COMBINATIONS...CALLED "THE MANILA FLAME"

huh, if manny unleashes these combinations, it would be suffocating for his opponent. i think it's better to call it "THE MANILA POLLUTION" :wink:

i prefer the former...as "pollution" has a negative connotation...or the Manila Iceberg or Manila Strong Ice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:49 pm 
Bantamweight

Manny likes to fight on the outside..or fight from the distance. Reason why he's more effective with his straights and hooks.

If he is close to his opponents, seems like he likes to throw a series of punches to the body rather than throw an uppercut. Uppercuts are used mostly by fighters who fight on the inside.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:55 pm 
maybe pacman prefer to use his hook..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:29 pm 
Bantamweight

D' Sparrow wrote:
Battosai wrote:
THE HOOKS, THE STRAIGHTS, PLUS THE THE UPPERCUT..ONE THAT IS DERIVED FROM THE "MANILA ICE" IN TERMS OF 5 OR 6 PUCH COMBINATIONS...CALLED "THE MANILA FLAME"

huh, if manny unleashes these combinations, it would be suffocating for his opponent. i think it's better to call it "THE MANILA POLLUTION" :wink:

like this?Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:30 pm 
Bantamweight

ranz wrote:
D' Sparrow wrote:
Battosai wrote:

i prefer the former...as "pollution" has a negative connotation...or the Manila Iceberg or Manila Strong Ice

How about this Guys? Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:37 pm 
Featherweight

Manny was instructed by ABS-CBN people the fight to at least go down to 6 rounds to have more profit during commercials! And that's true !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:20 pm 
Welterweight

THE MANILA FLAME..inflicts tremendous heat..which possesses the impact that can deform GRANITE-fabricated materials..IT CAN CONVERT THE LATTER INTO SECOND-HAND PILLOWS..

It is to the Pac's discretion whether he will use the flame or the ice..the ice's impact can also deform any durable material..its coldness CAN SEND AN ENDLESS CHILL DOWN TO YOUR VERY SPINE..