Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:03 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:40 am 
Heavyweight

Erap wrote:

What's interesting is that Manny's opponents keep saying Manny does not really have the power. I know people say they are just sour graping. How about Larios? He got tons of kudos for his sportsmanship. And yet, he insists that he wasn't beaten by Manny's power. Is there a conspiracy, or is it just Manny is so relentless that all the punches adds up (but does not have big powerful punch). Just wondering. hmmmm

my take would be - becoz PAC did not train up to his optimum capacity for that fight. as FR said, he only rate PAC's performance at 6 (out of 10)... PAC trained just enough to beat him (LARIOS)...

If you have been criticized and charged with negative things by other people; don't get affected. Their opinion is not your reality. It's theirs. Their negativity is a reflection of their own unhappy existence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:50 am 
Heavyweight

What's interesting is that Manny's opponents keep saying Manny does not really have the power. I know people say they are just sour graping. How about Larios? He got tons of kudos for his sportsmanship. And yet, he insists that he wasn't beaten by Manny's power. Is there a conspiracy, or is it just Manny is so relentless that all the punches adds up (but does not have big powerful punch). Just wondering. hmmmm

Fighters' pride.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:53 am 
Heavyweight

JoeyInCali wrote:

Fighters' pride.

exactly.. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:14 pm 
Middleweight

I am done with this hilarios thread, Someone close this thread please :biglaugh:

Last edited by labinTadØ® on Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:00 pm 
Cruiserweight

Won't happen...didn't you hear? Mayweather called Pacquiao, but Pac wasn't home but his mom answered and said they didn't wanna do it... :lol: :lol: :peace:

Oh it's so soooft.

Ahh! Your p*ssy hates me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:00 am 
Bantamweight

Reyes_USN wrote:
bongoton wrote:
Let's not push our luck too much. Manny last weight class should be the super featherweight division. Let's not dream on him fighting at 135 co'z that's just too big for him. Even at 130, there are already certain disadvantages for Pacman but he makes up for it with his talent, skills and heart. Manny would be too small for PBF, that is a fact. Imagine a fighter who started his career at 112lbs. vs. a fighter who started at 130lbs. Even EM and MAB will find it very difficult fighting and winning at lightweight, to think they started their careers at 122lbs.

nah I think he started lighter than 112, 106 if im not mistaken

In fairness, he is a great fighter so he shouldn't back out from any wieght.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:41 am 
Heavyweight

Go after Valuev then. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:49 am 
Bantamweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
Go after Valuev then. :)

Backing out and winning are two different things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:54 am 
Light Heavyweight

This Fight gonna happen................Only in dreams hehehhehe... :snoring:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:06 am 
Welterweight

Erap wrote:
ianrena wrote:
As for these moment of victories and popularity, how I wish the rumor of Pacman vs. mayweather will come true. Guys, could you somehow agree let these 2 hottest boxers fight? (Floyd may go down to super featherweight division) sounds dreamy!

Why the hell would he do that?

BIG MONEY???

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:20 am 
Light Heavyweight

revolution wrote:
Erap wrote:
ianrena wrote:
As for these moment of victories and popularity, how I wish the rumor of Pacman vs. mayweather will come true. Guys, could you somehow agree let these 2 hottest boxers fight? (Floyd may go down to super featherweight division) sounds dreamy!

Why the hell would he do that?

BIG MONEY???

How much money, draining PBF for peanuts? MEGABUCKS await scarry PBF to fight at higher weight classes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:11 am 
Welterweight

dave mustaine wrote:
this thread shows the stupidity and lack of boxing knowledge of those who think pac and pfb match is a possibility.....

agree with this one, and must add that Mayweather was better at jr lightweight than Pac. knocked Corrales out at jr lightweight. Mayweather is so good most would love to see him beaten up, knocked out or what have you, but will never happen in the lower weight class where he was at best. he is probably at best at lightweight but sure ruled jr lightweight from 98-2001. before you think about a fight that will never happen, think of Lightweight where people like Freitas, Barrios, Casamayor and not to forget Corrales rules.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:35 am 
Cruiserweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
labinTadØ® wrote:
Would be a good fight, though mayweather may be too big for our Pac. But we wouldnt know..

If Mayweather agrees at 135, I'll go with Pac, Pac speed and Pressure would be too much for Mayweather IMO.

Which leg does PBF chop off to get down to 135?

:biglaugh:

But Bro, if this is to happen, I guess both parties will agree at a catch weight. If Manny can adopt well, he's got an edge here since going down is more difficult than climbing up weight!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:35 am 
Heavyweight

But Bro, if this is to happen, I guess both parties will agree at a catch weight. If Manny can adopt well, he's got an edge here since going down is more difficult than climbing up weight!
Quit already.
PBF isn't going to agree on weight which he'd drain himself to get down to.
He makes millions fighting bums like Cintron.
He'll make more fighting Cotto or Hatton.
He has no need for Pacman .
Pacman has no chance whatsover in beating PBF.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 3:10 pm 
Middleweight

Lets just wait if this will really happen, though its very remote and I don't think it will. You will just make yourself look stupid encouraging this type of thread so Its better not get involved with this..

I'm done with this thread someone close this now :biglaugh:

:peace:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next