Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:56 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:48 am 
Heavyweight

May i ask the boxing experts?...Please name me a boxer who shed off at least 30 lbs for a fight and won.Erik Morales has done this but unfortunately he lost terribly by a 3rd round knockout to Manny Pacquiao.ERIK is 30 years old.

MANNY PACMAN PACQUIAO aka KING EMMANUEL

HAIL THE KING by BRO DUNG MARCUS...Image

Last edited by GoodSuccess on Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:58 am 
Featherweight

Roy Jones against Tarver in first meeting lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:03 am 
Lightweight

KuyaPogi wrote:

Nyahahahahahahahahahahhaha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:04 am 
Middleweight

ricky hatton in most of his fights shed 30+ lbs while training.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:05 am 
Heavyweight

KuyaPogi wrote:

link please. :)

REMEMBER ERIK IS 30 YEARS OLD.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:07 am 
Heavyweight

Toney against a lot of people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:09 am 
Middleweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
Toney against a lot of people.

agree

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:11 am 
Heavyweight

Links please so i would know at what age they did it.I believe you ,i just want to know the age factor.Nothing negative about this thread.

Another factor im finding out is,the WIN factor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:14 am 
Heavyweight

Roberto Duran from 190 to 147 against Sugar Ray Leonard in the 2nd fight and the result was No Mas! No Mas!

Last edited by taurused on Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:14 am 
Middleweight

its not that we know links, but i assume you just started watching boxing recently :)

commentators from james toney fight were the ones mentioning it. same as ricky hatton. i know there are/were some links about ricky hatton admitting he loses 30-40 lbs while on training (i think he mentioned it when media called him ricky "fatton" hatton.

cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:19 am 
Heavyweight

the_darkness wrote:
its not that we know links, but i assume you just started watching boxing recently :)

commentators from james toney fight were the ones mentioning it. same as ricky hatton. i know there are/were some links about ricky hatton admitting he loses 30-40 lbs while on training (i think he mentioned it when media called him ricky "fatton" hatton.

cheers.

Did i say i was watching too much boxing?what are you leading to?thats why im asking. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:24 am 
Middleweight

GoodSuccess wrote:
the_darkness wrote:

cheers.

Did i say i was watching too much boxing?what are you leading to?thats why im asking. :)

naw, i just said that i assumed you were new to boxing. if you were watching boxing before, you wouldve heard about these boxers and how much weight they loose just to be in fight shape. peace :peace:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:29 am 
Heavyweight

the_darkness wrote:
GoodSuccess wrote:
the_darkness wrote:

cheers.

naw, i just said that i assumed you were new to boxing. if you were watching boxing before, you wouldve heard about these boxers and how much weight they loose just to be in fight shape. peace :peace:

Im just an avid fan for PINOY pugs,i will only know credentials of foreign boxers if they encounter our pugs.I dont have time to watch all boxers in the world,but i sure know most of them but not that deep.If you call that new,so be it.You are an expert i suppose,thats why im calling you out in this thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:31 am 
Heavyweight

Meldrick Taylor used to walk around 160-170 then fight at 140. Until it caught up with him against JCC.
Donald Curry too.
Johnny Bumphus used to walk around 170 until he got whacked by Gene Hatcher at 140 when Pryor retired.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:35 am 
Middleweight

GoodSuccess wrote:
the_darkness wrote:
GoodSuccess wrote:
the_darkness wrote:

cheers.

Im just an avid fan for PINOY pugs,i will only know credentials of foreign boxers if they encounter our pugs.I dont have time to watch all boxers in the world,but i sure know most of them but not that deep.If you call that new,so be it.You are an expert i suppose,thats why im calling you out in this thread.

in my earlier post, you have probably misunderstood me bro. i am no expert, but i do love watching boxing :)

i never meant any intention to you bro! if you like our local pugs, then thats good. watch more boxing though, its fun :)

but going back to topic. just search around, me and pareng joey gave out some boxers. im sure there are more boxers. you can search ricky hatton since there has been lots of reports about his losing weight/training regimen. peace.