Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:20 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:56 pm 
Welterweight

bunpunse wrote:
In 2008, Pac will no longer make the weight of 135. Bring HATTON, COTTO-----I LOVE IT THAT WAY!!! I pick PACMAN by outstanding Knockout! especially against Cotto. How I wish I can see a DREAM MATCH VERSUS TSYZU too! Wow! Cotto is a night fight come 2008. Bring them on. Magkasukatan hanggang maaga!

Cotto weighs 160 in his fightnight w Paul Malignaggi where he broke cheekbone of Paul and in interview Paul said Cotto is the hardest puncher he has ever fought.
In 2008 Cotto and Hatton will be 147 welter wts, Tszyu is already retired.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:56 pm 
Featherweight

140 would be too much for MP ( having had started at 106..and being 5'7" only).Lets just hope he dominates 135 too but I hope he doesnt rush.

I love boxing, too..

Post subject: Re: I LOVE BOXING
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:57 pm 
Welterweight

bunpunse wrote:
before the pac vs em first fight, i had been posting here that pac will dominate 140 lbs in 2 years. i even mentioned that kostya tsyzu is the best challenge for pac in 2007 (as tuneup). manny shld stay at 130 or 135 for now. In 2008, he shld go to 140 THAT SHOULD BE HIS LAST STOP. Get all money he can get at 130, 135 and 140 by 2008.

Nobody listened to me then............please review my posts! At age 30, at 140 lbs. Pac should retire.............AT THE PEAK OF BOXING.

The 140 horizon is too high for him. He's got to be realistic and learn from Morales experience. We should not set our sights too high. Pac might injure himself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:02 pm 
Welterweight

Manny is only 28 years old! His natural weight NOW is around 150 lbs! At 140 Manny is pure muscle. Let 140 pounders come in at 150. Mike Tyson was one of the smallest heavyweights. He knocks out people twice as big with speed and power and more..........muscle, speed, technique. THE HEART, the heart of an aggressor. Look at Manny's eyes inside the ring. When i was in highschool, i was bullying 6 footers. im only 5'4 but nobody won a "square boxing fight" with me. Manny has all the ingredients to STOP the toughies at the 140 division. That's his PEAK. Get all the glory at 140 come 2008 and retire accomplished with nothing more to prove to himself and to the fans

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:11 pm 
Welterweight

Freddie Roach at one point during Pac EM II says they will fight Mayweather on top of the ring and beat him black and blue. He says it will happen, but theyd have to meet at catch weight of 135-140. Freddie knows it's too early, but he mentioned it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:13 pm 
Welterweight

Let us be realistic, Manny has'nt have yet any championship belt at 126, 130 and 135. And he was clobbered at 126 by Marquez and at 130 by thin Morales in 1. Then how could he beat 5'7'' to 6ft. robust built greats at 140.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:19 pm 
Welterweight

NOBODY NEEDS CHAMPIONSHIP BELTS! I dont watch boxing fights because of championship belts. Would you pay to go watch at SM cinema because barrera defends his championship belt against juares? If you care about championship belts then pay 500 to watch at sm (early in the morning) to see the championship belt defended against juares. NOBODY CARES ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIP BELTS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:23 pm 
Welterweight

oNLY gUINESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS care about how many CHAMPIONSHIP BELTS, when? what age the CHAMPIONSHIP BELT was gotten. CHAMPIONSHIP BELTS are good for records. A 90% grade for academic subjects in a public school is as good as a 90% grade in ateneo or la salle? dont be fooled by a Championship belt coz nobody cares about it anymore

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:36 pm 
Welterweight

bunpunse wrote:
oNLY gUINESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS care about how many CHAMPIONSHIP BELTS, when? what age the CHAMPIONSHIP BELT was gotten. CHAMPIONSHIP BELTS are good for records. A 90% grade for academic subjects in a public school is as good as a 90% grade in ateneo or la salle? dont be fooled by a Championship belt coz nobody cares about it anymore

You didn't get the point. There are 4 champions at 130 and Manny has'nt fought yet any of them except Barrera.
And there are another 4 champions at 135 and NONE of them has Manny fought. And you are already talking of 140.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:41 pm 
Welterweight

lightweight wrote:
bunpunse wrote:

You didn't get the point. There are 4 champions at 130 and Manny has'nt fought yet any of them except Barrera.
And there are another 4 champions at 135 and NONE of them has Manny fought. And you are already talking of 140.

And add to that another 4 champions at 126 where Manny has'nt fought any but Marquez where many people think Manny lost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:55 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Hmmm... I think 140 is too much! 135 is very tough! and 140 is very very very tough!! there are lots of great fighter at 135lbs. and i believe manny will has a hard time fighting the lights of Diaz and other great champion at that division!!! im sure he can give them a good fight but i dont know if he can win aginst this guy!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:14 pm 
Middleweight

It's far-fetch but I wouldn't rule it out either. If I'm not mistaken Manny's sparring partners are welterweights. Besides his back step has improved tremendously since fighting Barrera. It's almost impossible to catch him even if Morales was lunging his jabs. I doubt fighters in the lightweight division will do a better. Add on to that a wicked right hook, instinctive lateral movement and blistering counterpunching with a KO power of a middleweight, Manny's vastly improved arsenal will allow him to be competitive in the heavier division. I'd like to see him against Juan Diaz an avenge Suico's loss. Diaz is beatable. He peppered Suico with all his got but Suico didn't even budge. I say Manny should get a superfeatherweight belt first either against valero or barrera then grab that lightweight belt from Diaz.

Post subject: Re: I LOVE BOXING
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:28 pm 
Heavyweight

bunpunse wrote:
before the pac vs em first fight, i had been posting here that pac will dominate 140 lbs in 2 years. i even mentioned that kostya tsyzu is the best challenge for pac in 2007 (as tuneup). manny shld stay at 130 or 135 for now. In 2008, he shld go to 140 THAT SHOULD BE HIS LAST STOP. Get all money he can get at 130, 135 and 140 by 2008.

Nobody listened to me then............please review my posts! At age 30, at 140 lbs. Pac should retire.............AT THE PEAK OF BOXING.

It can't be :shock:

Manny started fighting at 108 lbs and now he is fighting at 130. Its 4 division up. It's too much for Manny's physical body.

Now, you're talking about Manny moving up again to 140 and this will break the Law of Physics or Strength of Materials. A good analogy is the characteristic of a rubber band, even this material is stretchable there is a point that if you stretch it further into a certain limit it will be broken, just like our body.

Last edited by cinderella_man on Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:33 pm 
Middleweight

Nah, Pac should stay right where he is. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:48 pm 
Heavyweight

How do you know you are in love...