Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:59 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: ENOUGH HAVE BEEN SAID...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:56 am 
Middleweight

Accolades galore have been pouring on to Manny after his devastating KO win over the Mexican legend Erik Morales and forcing him to hang-up his gloves in big time boxing.
He is now the toast of boxing world. He is now the world’s foremost prizefighter. Money follows Manny whenever he fights. BUT HE IS STILL A BELTLESS CHAMPION! I know there are lots of people who might disagree and contradict this statement but at this stage of his still-budding career, it’s about time to legitimize his God-given talent.

HE MUST GO AFTER THE WBC CROWN THIS TIME BY FIGHTING BARRERA NEXT!!!

Surprisingly so, after reading all the comments on this website, no one (not even ‘Observer’) had even dared mentioned that Mexican WBC President Jose Sulaiman and Top Rank honcho Bob Arum are in cahoots to deny Manny of the WBC crown. They want Mexicans to have a long stranglehold of the title and if Manny would ever get it, they wanted to make sure it would be on the denouement of his glittering career or another surely tested potent Mexican is waiting in the wings to beat Manny, thereby his eventual annexation of the WBC belt will be short lived. Now that is the Sulaiman-Arum agenda for Manny.

Although there are numerous alphabet soup world boxing organizations out there but WBC arguably is the most prestigious of all. Of course there is Ring Magazine who makes their own ratings but I also have reservations (different forum) simply because personally, they are yet to win my trust unless they make Manny as the #1 P4P in their next issue. Bottom line, Ring magazine is US-based and therefore they would fight for their homeboy American Floyd Mayweather to be at the top. Let us wait and see I hope I’m wrong with my statement this time around.

Going back. Ok we all agree that Manny pulverized these three-headed Mexican brawlers but each time he is pitted against anyone of them, it was the other guy who has the belt! They always made him chase for it. Although he had the chance against then-WBC titlist Juan Manuel Marquez, however, he failed to score a KO in Las Vegas. The whole world knows that Arum controls boxing in Las Vegas. You NEED to score a knockout to win in LV, let alone if your opponent is in his stable. That fight went to the distance and you saw what happened next. That’s how dirty and shrewd Arum is.

Therefore my first advise for Manny, take on Marco Antonio Barrera next via his MP Promotions. Forget Top Rank and Golden Boy. He must ignore Valero, Soto and Guzman at the moment. LET THEM WAIT!!! These are money hungry, power hungry, media hungry pugilists who are dying to have a chance and ride on to Manny’s immense respect and worldwide popularity.

My second advise, after getting the WBC crown form Barrera, then its payback time for Juan Manuel Marquez. I bet Manny can surely knock him out in the first round for good.
That guy’s weapon is only counterpunching and nothing more. Force the remaining Mexicans to retire just like Morales.

My third advise is an option for Manny to choose from. If a dream match with Pretty Boy Floyd is a realization, then he MUST go for it! This is an easy US$8 Million to US$10 Million paycheck for him OR secures other belts (WBA, and IBF) to crown himself as the Undisputed Super-Featherweight Champion of the World! Now he can take on those cry-baby Latino boxers in Valero, Soto and Guzman.

After that, then he may decide to move up the weight class or just stay or even retire! But his command price must be at least US$ 8 Million.

My last advise for Manny is,…DO NOT GO INTO PHILIPPINE POLITICS!!!

Philippine politics is one of the dirtiest in the world. It would dwarf the Sulaiman-Arum
connivance multiplied a million times!!! Majority of the Filipino politicians want to perpetuate themselves into power because of money and corruption in that country is institutionalized. (a totally different forum)

If this message could ever reach Manny, here it is:

“Manny, please stay out of Philippine politics. They just simply want to use you for their personal agenda. You are loved by billions of people around the world. The moment you enter on this arena, you will bear haters and even killers. Please stay where you’re at right now and enjoy the riches that you’ve earned and nobody would dare to say about dirty money because it was all your blood, sweat, tears and brawls that made you millions. Enjoy this stature for as long as you live”.

As a Pacman fan from Croatia, I have made a thorough research on his place, General Santos City. That place breeds champions in the likes of Andy Balaba (RIP), Colley Saloma, Little Gallego, Gloria Pepito and Rolando Navarette. After talking to local boxing aficionados, they still consider FEL CLEMENTES as General Santos City pride until the emergence of Manny Pacquiao. Although mute, FEL CLEMENTES’ God-given talent did not prevent him from pursuing his dream to be a respected and feared pugilist. He made a lot of inspiration to young kids, including Manny Pacquiao, from that relatively small city. His boxing style was praised and copied around the world, especially by boxing great, the late SALVADOR SANCHEZ. So after Fel Clementes, here comes Manny Pacquiao.

“MANNY PACQUIAO, BE THE CAPTAIN OF YOUR SHIP”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:43 am 
Light Heavyweight

Whoa, its a long read. You are right, though. Go for the belt MP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:51 am 
Middleweight

you're right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:23 am 
Middleweight

Nice article. Good read.

But why really Pacman doesn't have a major belt rightnow? because he is not the typical fighter who chase these belts. By choosing the hardest way and succeeded, we can easily say that these belts will now fall on his lap one by one. Nice strategy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:33 am 
Light Heavyweight

i think you nailed everything that needs to be said
about manny. hope manny can read this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:39 am 
Heavyweight

Problem is Pac doesn't like paying $80,000 sanctioning fee by We Be Corrupt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:53 am 
Lightweight

Long read...!!! :(

But it's nicely done. :)

Have a point there. Except for the Mayweather thing.

Floyd Jr.'s next fight is I think at 154 lbs. I don't think he's going back to 130 lbs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:08 am 
Welterweight

yeah go for the BELT:

let's get it on

:swordplay: :swordplay: :swordplay:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:31 am 
Heavyweight

congrartz bro... nice read..

quite long though..

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:33 am 
Heavyweight

Even if PAC wants the belt, if the beltholder (current champion) does not want to fight him at any cost, there will not be a fight.

WBA and WBO are still considered official World Championships. If the WBC champion does not want to fight, then PAC can fight WBA or WBO champion and be an official 3 time world champion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:45 am 
Bantamweight

I AGREE BRO!

MANNY! NGAYON ANG PAGKAKATAON NA MAKUHA MO ANG PINAPANGARAP NG LAHAT NG MGA PILIPINO NA MAKUHA MO ANG PINA KA MATAAS NA KAMPYONATO. WE SUPPORT U MANNY!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:51 am 
Cruiserweight

Amen to your post bro. You said it right and mentioned what needs to be said. Lets all hope and pray that Manny's career will continue following the right course under the guidance of The Almighty.

World Peace!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:53 am 
Bantamweight

I agree!.. deym you're good!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:05 am 
Featherweight

amen. good insight there, bro. would be great to have pac fight MAB via MP promotions, but not without an expected rough sailing put up by Arum or GBP, and their crew.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:08 am 
Cruiserweight

Since Manny KO over Morales, this thread so far the best and worthwhile reading of all the threads post here..Thanks for sharing your point of view,you expressed the feelings of millions of millions of Manny's fans around the world....
Though we can't avoid those leeches and voltures around Manny's back door, lets wish and hope him for the best in the future..

My Salut to the thread starter!!!!