Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:30 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:11 am 
Welterweight

FINKEL OF COURSE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:35 am 
Lightweight

langaw wrote:
FINKEL OF COURSE!

I go for Finkel too. Thought expensive, he is doing quality job for Manny so far. He has also a tract record of being a good manager compared to others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:46 am 
Cruiserweight

filipinos in general are bad businessmen..give me finkel anyday over Salud.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:54 am 
Heavyweight

DobyZhee wrote:
filipinos in general are bad businessmen..give me finkel anyday over Salud.

I wouldn't go that far. It's Finkel or Salud, not Filipino or American.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:09 am 
Lightweight

Finkel! He may be expensive but if you will look at the purses that he was able to negotiate for pacquiao ($3M) in the Grand Finale it's worth it. Also, if you remember the stipulation on the Contract that Manny signed about Morales's weight. That made sure that Erik will not have any weight advantage over pacquiao.

What did Salud give to Manny? The dispute between GBP and Top Rank.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:11 am 
Cruiserweight

I already met Shelly Finkel once, shook his hand, and chatted for about minute or two. I asked him how was his trip to the Philippines(he just came to the US from the Pac-Larios fight) and he had very high regards of the Filipino people because of our hospitality.

On the other hand, if I run into Wakee Salud, I will punch him in the face, LITERALLY. I'm serious(provided he doesn't have bodyguards of course).

That's how much I hate that fat leech.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:15 am 
Cruiserweight

Here in the U.S., the people who are most likely to take advantage of a Filipino is a fellow Filipino. I'm talking from experience. Sad but true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:20 am 
Cruiserweight

Don Pedro wrote:
Here in the U.S., the people who are most likely to take advantage of a Filipino is a fellow Filipino. I'm talking from experience. Sad but true.

lol..i think its just everywhere.

Post subject: Re: SALUD VS. FINKEL
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:22 am 
Light Heavyweight

kikes2200 wrote:
Between the 2 who do you want to handle Pacman's bOXING aFFAIRS

===========================

Definitely Finkel...si salud mukhang buwaya eh...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:23 am 
Light Heavyweight

Don Pedro wrote:

============================

Very true! Take for example Efren Reyes' case...his filipino managers cheated on him while his american one didn't....what does that tell you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:30 am 
Heavyweight

DobyZhee wrote:
Don Pedro wrote:

I agree, it's not like americans are not being taken advantage of by their fellow americans...humans are the same where ever you go..they are subject to the same frailties and faults...it doesn't matter where you came from or what your nationality is..it's just human nature.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:47 am 
Cruiserweight

fil79 wrote:
DobyZhee wrote:
Don Pedro wrote:

I agree, it's not like americans are not being taken advantage of by their fellow americans...humans are the same where ever you go..they are subject to the same frailties and faults...it doesn't matter where you came from or what your nationality is..it's just human nature.

I meant that filipinos take advantage of other filipinos Everywhere, not just solely in the US. Manny, do the right thing...Hire a jewish lawyer. You'll make more money for HIM AND yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:58 am 
Middleweight

EYB wrote:
BCngDC wrote:
I have actually spoken to both men casually. Finkel seems more dignified and seems to have more integrity.

really sir? its so sad that you felt it from a foreigner than our own :(
sadly sir, manny pacquiao have been robbed many times by our own pinoy so called managers than his foriegn managers. in exception of murad muhammad of course which conspired by MP EX MANAGERS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:09 am 
Middleweight

HUMAN NATURE, chinese gangs preys on chinese, mafia preys on italians, russian mafia on russians and pinoys on pinoys..salud experience masaio king, finkel experience is with real boxers. salud even tried to sell jaca for 7g to arum instead of the 50g to GBP against JMM..why? because salud will get 20g under the table money from top rank while giving only 7g to jaca while with ODLH he gets only a percentage from jacas purse..see the difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:34 am 
Heavyweight

hot2trut wrote:
HUMAN NATURE, chinese gangs preys on chinese, mafia preys on italians, russian mafia on russians and pinoys on pinoys..salud experience masaio king, finkel experience is with real boxers. salud even tried to sell jaca for 7g to arum instead of the 50g to GBP against JMM..why? because salud will get 20g under the table money from top rank while giving only 7g to jaca while with ODLH he gets only a percentage from jacas purse..see the difference.

yeah true that but at the same rate other people do that too.....take example Don King.....he has taken advantage of many boxers and fellow americans at that as well....my point is that it's not good to generalize people because of their nationality as less trustworthy......it's the person in the end that does this shyt not the nationality...and oh btw yeah Salud is a shark and a masiao king as well!!! :biglaugh:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next