Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:36 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:12 pm 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:29 am
Posts: 180
So why did Bob Arum put in the clause that Manny can't sign with another promoter until after the fight? I'll tell you why, because the scumbag did not want to put in any risk for the next contract. he wanted to make sure that manny would win first before he gives him a signing bonus. Arum was never confident that manny can dispatch Erik morales. Afterall, he is the one who funded Erik's Velocity training regimen. This is why I don't trust this guy man. All this lawsuit hoopla would not have happened if Manny lost to Erik. He would have given him straight to Oscar. Do you know why? because Manny would not be worth as much money as he is right now if he lost that fight. Oscar on the other hand was willing to make that gamble and was there to sign Manny before the fight took place. He knew that Manny would destroy Erik in that fashion. Did you see how easily Bob let Erik morales go after the fight. He didn't even encourage Erik to stay at the Post fight press confernce. If he truly cared about Eric, he would have had high praises for him in front of the media. But erik is just the past for Bob now. Not even a speech for the great Erik Morales that Bob arum knows by the way might have made his last post fight confernce in Las Vegas. No love shown at all. and right after the fight, after the destruction of Erik, Arum declares he is now promoting Manny for good. Makes me sick man. I swear, I believe that DelaHoya is the better move for Manny. I am really concerned about this move as this will dictate Manny's future fights. Oscar is young and rich. he does not need to suck on Manny. Oscar would know what is best for a fighter as he was a fighter himself. What can Bob do for Manny? all the best fights are in the Golden Boy stable now. After a valero fight, who will manny fight next? I hope I'm wrong as I can see Arum winning that lawsuit. If that clause is in the contract, then manny is bound by that and therefore cannot sign with another promoter, making the GBP contract invalid. I hope everything will turn out good for Manny.


Last edited by wadu on Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:20 pm 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:34 am
Posts: 269
wadu wrote:
So why did Bob Arum put in the clause that Manny can't sign with another promoter until after the fight? I'll tell you why, because the scumbag did not want to put in any risk for the next contract. he wanted to make sure that manny would win first before he gives him a signing bonus. Arum was never confident that manny can dispatch Erik morales. Afterall, he is the one who funded Erik's Velocity training regimen. This is why I don't trust this guy man. All this lawsuit hoopla would not have happened if Manny lost to Erik. He would have given him straight to Oscar. Do you know why? because Manny would not be worth as much money as he is right now if he lost that fight. Oscar on the other hand was willing to make that gamble and was there to sign Manny before the fight took place. He knew that Manny would destroy Erik in that fashion. Did you see how easily Bob let Erik morales go after the fight. He didn't even encourage Erik to stay at the Post fight press confernce. If he truly cared about Eric, he would have had high praises for him in front of the media. But erik is just the past for Bob now. Not even a speech for the great Erik Morales that Bob arum knows by the way might have made his last post fight confernce in Las Vegas. No love shown at all. and right after the fight, after the destruction of Erik, Arum declares he is now promoting Manny for good. Makes me sick man. I swear, I believe that DelaHoya is the better move for Manny. I am really concerned about this move as this will dictate Manny's future fights. Oscar is young and rich. he does not need to suck on Manny. Oscar would know what is best for a fighter as he was a fighter himself. What can Bob do for Manny? all the best fights are in the Golden Boy stable now. After a valero fight, who will manny fight next? I hope I'm wrong as I can see Arum winning that lawsuit. If that clause is in the contract, then manny is bound by that and therefore cannot sign with another promoter, making the GBP contract invalid. I hope everything will turn out good for Manny.


Good point bro...Yeah Arum didn't even mention a word about Erik Morales.....He shouldve said something nice about the guy....ERIK was his marquee fighter who gave him most of his money today...Man this Arum guy is a _______________ (well we can put all the adjectives we want here)...Someone should tell manny about this...straight to manny's ears and not through his so called good-intentioned friends


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:32 pm 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:57 am
Posts: 153
that is what you call. "shrewed businessman". in tagalog and bisaya "maru"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:36 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2004 1:52 am
Posts: 2087
Very good analysis, bro. Right on point.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:38 pm 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:29 am
Posts: 180
GAULS wrote:
Good point bro...Yeah Arum didn't even mention a word about Erik Morales.....He shouldve said something nice about the guy....ERIK was his marquee fighter who gave him most of his money today...Man this Arum guy is a _______________ (well we can put all the adjectives we want here)...Someone should tell manny about this...straight to manny's ears and not through his so called good-intentioned friends


I think Manny should exclusively listen to Freddie. This guy has been the most loyal guy to him that demanded nothing more than to train him. If he could turn down the offer for more money and manage manny, and to say that he would give him the advice for free should show how loyal this guy is to him. The guy is sick and he should consider making a run for it but he still chooses to just be manny's trainer, touches me every time i think about it. The Pacman team should be closed down to Manny, Freddie and Buboy. And an honest lawyer, that I don't know where he would find.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:45 pm 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:20 am
Posts: 399
Location: Jersey City, NJ USA
I believe he the Top Rank contract was negotiated and signed before the fight. So it wouldnt matter if he wins or lose.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:53 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:20 am
Posts: 335
Location: 89kms south of cebu.. DIVEmoalboal
wadu wrote:
GAULS wrote:
Good point bro...Yeah Arum didn't even mention a word about Erik Morales.....He shouldve said something nice about the guy....ERIK was his marquee fighter who gave him most of his money today...Man this Arum guy is a _______________ (well we can put all the adjectives we want here)...Someone should tell manny about this...straight to manny's ears and not through his so called good-intentioned friends


I think Manny should exclusively listen to Freddie. This guy has been the most loyal guy to him that demanded nothing more than to train him. If he could turn down the offer for more money and manage manny, and to say that he would give him the advice for free should show how loyal this guy is to him. The guy is sick and he should consider making a run for it but he still chooses to just be manny's trainer, touches me every time i think about it. The Pacman team should be closed down to Manny, Freddie and Buboy. And an honest lawyer, that I don't know where he would find.

??? :shock: :biglaugh:! peace to all our lawyer bros out there, i kid i kid :peace:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:02 pm 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2003 3:29 am
Posts: 180
DIVERSdoITdeeper wrote:
wadu wrote:
GAULS wrote:
Good point bro...Yeah Arum didn't even mention a word about Erik Morales.....He shouldve said something nice about the guy....ERIK was his marquee fighter who gave him most of his money today...Man this Arum guy is a _______________ (well we can put all the adjectives we want here)...Someone should tell manny about this...straight to manny's ears and not through his so called good-intentioned friends


I think Manny should exclusively listen to Freddie. This guy has been the most loyal guy to him that demanded nothing more than to train him. If he could turn down the offer for more money and manage manny, and to say that he would give him the advice for free should show how loyal this guy is to him. The guy is sick and he should consider making a run for it but he still chooses to just be manny's trainer, touches me every time i think about it. The Pacman team should be closed down to Manny, Freddie and Buboy. And an honest lawyer, that I don't know where he would find.

??? :shock: :biglaugh:! peace to all our lawyer bros out there, i kid i kid :peace:



You can always say One does not represent the bunch but Man I'll tell you, I have not seen one hehehe. peace to all honest lawyers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:02 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:46 pm
Posts: 3317
Location: The Hague,NETHERLANDS
Segurista/Sigurista


Daemn....what a scumbag indeed


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:43 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:54 pm
Posts: 4218
Location: Bulacan, Pampanga, State of Kuwait
Manny might be a star witness for ODH lawsuit against Bob Arum if it's true that Bob Arum threatened Manny that he won't pay Manny the full $3M purse and not giving his share of the PPV revenue.IMO.

_________________
Everything is Possible if You have Faith in God.
Do your Best and God will Do the Rest.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:43 pm 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:34 am
Posts: 851
Location: new york city
wadu wrote:
So why did Bob Arum put in the clause that Manny can't sign with another promoter until after the fight? I'll tell you why, because the scumbag did not want to put in any risk for the next contract. he wanted to make sure that manny would win first before he gives him a signing bonus. Arum was never confident that manny can dispatch Erik morales. Afterall, he is the one who funded Erik's Velocity training regimen. This is why I don't trust this guy man. All this lawsuit hoopla would not have happened if Manny lost to Erik. He would have given him straight to Oscar. Do you know why? because Manny would not be worth as much money as he is right now if he lost that fight. Oscar on the other hand was willing to make that gamble and was there to sign Manny before the fight took place. He knew that Manny would destroy Erik in that fashion. Did you see how easily Bob let Erik morales go after the fight. He didn't even encourage Erik to stay at the Post fight press confernce. If he truly cared about Eric, he would have had high praises for him in front of the media. But erik is just the past for Bob now. Not even a speech for the great Erik Morales that Bob arum knows by the way might have made his last post fight confernce in Las Vegas. No love shown at all. and right after the fight, after the destruction of Erik, Arum declares he is now promoting Manny for good. Makes me sick man. I swear, I believe that DelaHoya is the better move for Manny. I am really concerned about this move as this will dictate Manny's future fights. Oscar is young and rich. he does not need to suck on Manny. Oscar would know what is best for a fighter as he was a fighter himself. What can Bob do for Manny? all the best fights are in the Golden Boy stable now. After a valero fight, who will manny fight next? I hope I'm wrong as I can see Arum winning that lawsuit. If that clause is in the contract, then manny is bound by that and therefore cannot sign with another promoter, making the GBP contract invalid. I hope everything will turn out good for Manny.
you might be right bro, but GBP is limited and most of his fights r just held in TEXAS. bob arum is a diff kind of animal. he got connection, he have a better promtional arms than GBP. on the other hand according to SHAW mp previous promoter manny might as well leave his winning in vegas for he needs a lots and lots of money for lawyers and compensation soon breaching contracts and signing diff contracts on top the other. MANNY is heading like MIKE TYSON soon.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:45 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2005 10:16 am
Posts: 5169
Location: land of the semi-free
Thats why GBP hates BOB so much.. But Bob is very clever, he knows what he can do with so much influence he is enjoying.. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:16 am 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:02 pm
Posts: 320
Location: "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog" by Mark
Bob is "shady" to the bone!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:22 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:57 am
Posts: 2180
if there's a clause in the contract, then why did Manny sign it. Who's fault is that?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:09 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:56 am
Posts: 22781
Location: Paradise
DobyZhee wrote:
if there's a clause in the contract, then why did Manny sign it. Who's fault is that?

Because Pac wanted that easy 3 million dollars plus PPV percentage against EM.
Pac thought EM was chop suey all the way.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group