Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:36 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:12 pm 
Lightweight

So why did Bob Arum put in the clause that Manny can't sign with another promoter until after the fight? I'll tell you why, because the scumbag did not want to put in any risk for the next contract. he wanted to make sure that manny would win first before he gives him a signing bonus. Arum was never confident that manny can dispatch Erik morales. Afterall, he is the one who funded Erik's Velocity training regimen. This is why I don't trust this guy man. All this lawsuit hoopla would not have happened if Manny lost to Erik. He would have given him straight to Oscar. Do you know why? because Manny would not be worth as much money as he is right now if he lost that fight. Oscar on the other hand was willing to make that gamble and was there to sign Manny before the fight took place. He knew that Manny would destroy Erik in that fashion. Did you see how easily Bob let Erik morales go after the fight. He didn't even encourage Erik to stay at the Post fight press confernce. If he truly cared about Eric, he would have had high praises for him in front of the media. But erik is just the past for Bob now. Not even a speech for the great Erik Morales that Bob arum knows by the way might have made his last post fight confernce in Las Vegas. No love shown at all. and right after the fight, after the destruction of Erik, Arum declares he is now promoting Manny for good. Makes me sick man. I swear, I believe that DelaHoya is the better move for Manny. I am really concerned about this move as this will dictate Manny's future fights. Oscar is young and rich. he does not need to suck on Manny. Oscar would know what is best for a fighter as he was a fighter himself. What can Bob do for Manny? all the best fights are in the Golden Boy stable now. After a valero fight, who will manny fight next? I hope I'm wrong as I can see Arum winning that lawsuit. If that clause is in the contract, then manny is bound by that and therefore cannot sign with another promoter, making the GBP contract invalid. I hope everything will turn out good for Manny.

Last edited by wadu on Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:20 pm 
Welterweight

wadu wrote:
So why did Bob Arum put in the clause that Manny can't sign with another promoter until after the fight? I'll tell you why, because the scumbag did not want to put in any risk for the next contract. he wanted to make sure that manny would win first before he gives him a signing bonus. Arum was never confident that manny can dispatch Erik morales. Afterall, he is the one who funded Erik's Velocity training regimen. This is why I don't trust this guy man. All this lawsuit hoopla would not have happened if Manny lost to Erik. He would have given him straight to Oscar. Do you know why? because Manny would not be worth as much money as he is right now if he lost that fight. Oscar on the other hand was willing to make that gamble and was there to sign Manny before the fight took place. He knew that Manny would destroy Erik in that fashion. Did you see how easily Bob let Erik morales go after the fight. He didn't even encourage Erik to stay at the Post fight press confernce. If he truly cared about Eric, he would have had high praises for him in front of the media. But erik is just the past for Bob now. Not even a speech for the great Erik Morales that Bob arum knows by the way might have made his last post fight confernce in Las Vegas. No love shown at all. and right after the fight, after the destruction of Erik, Arum declares he is now promoting Manny for good. Makes me sick man. I swear, I believe that DelaHoya is the better move for Manny. I am really concerned about this move as this will dictate Manny's future fights. Oscar is young and rich. he does not need to suck on Manny. Oscar would know what is best for a fighter as he was a fighter himself. What can Bob do for Manny? all the best fights are in the Golden Boy stable now. After a valero fight, who will manny fight next? I hope I'm wrong as I can see Arum winning that lawsuit. If that clause is in the contract, then manny is bound by that and therefore cannot sign with another promoter, making the GBP contract invalid. I hope everything will turn out good for Manny.

Good point bro...Yeah Arum didn't even mention a word about Erik Morales.....He shouldve said something nice about the guy....ERIK was his marquee fighter who gave him most of his money today...Man this Arum guy is a _______________ (well we can put all the adjectives we want here)...Someone should tell manny about this...straight to manny's ears and not through his so called good-intentioned friends

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:32 pm 
Lightweight

that is what you call. "shrewed businessman". in tagalog and bisaya "maru"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:36 pm 
Cruiserweight

Very good analysis, bro. Right on point.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:38 pm 
Lightweight

GAULS wrote:
Good point bro...Yeah Arum didn't even mention a word about Erik Morales.....He shouldve said something nice about the guy....ERIK was his marquee fighter who gave him most of his money today...Man this Arum guy is a _______________ (well we can put all the adjectives we want here)...Someone should tell manny about this...straight to manny's ears and not through his so called good-intentioned friends

I think Manny should exclusively listen to Freddie. This guy has been the most loyal guy to him that demanded nothing more than to train him. If he could turn down the offer for more money and manage manny, and to say that he would give him the advice for free should show how loyal this guy is to him. The guy is sick and he should consider making a run for it but he still chooses to just be manny's trainer, touches me every time i think about it. The Pacman team should be closed down to Manny, Freddie and Buboy. And an honest lawyer, that I don't know where he would find.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:45 pm 
Welterweight

I believe he the Top Rank contract was negotiated and signed before the fight. So it wouldnt matter if he wins or lose.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:53 pm 
Welterweight

wadu wrote:
GAULS wrote:

I think Manny should exclusively listen to Freddie. This guy has been the most loyal guy to him that demanded nothing more than to train him. If he could turn down the offer for more money and manage manny, and to say that he would give him the advice for free should show how loyal this guy is to him. The guy is sick and he should consider making a run for it but he still chooses to just be manny's trainer, touches me every time i think about it. The Pacman team should be closed down to Manny, Freddie and Buboy. And an honest lawyer, that I don't know where he would find.

??? :shock: :biglaugh:! peace to all our lawyer bros out there, i kid i kid :peace:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:02 pm 
Lightweight

DIVERSdoITdeeper wrote:
wadu wrote:
GAULS wrote:

??? :shock: :biglaugh:! peace to all our lawyer bros out there, i kid i kid :peace:

You can always say One does not represent the bunch but Man I'll tell you, I have not seen one hehehe. peace to all honest lawyers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:02 pm 
Cruiserweight

Segurista/Sigurista

Daemn....what a scumbag indeed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:43 pm 
Heavyweight

Manny might be a star witness for ODH lawsuit against Bob Arum if it's true that Bob Arum threatened Manny that he won't pay Manny the full $3M purse and not giving his share of the PPV revenue.IMO.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:43 pm 
Middleweight

wadu wrote:
you might be right bro, but GBP is limited and most of his fights r just held in TEXAS. bob arum is a diff kind of animal. he got connection, he have a better promtional arms than GBP. on the other hand according to SHAW mp previous promoter manny might as well leave his winning in vegas for he needs a lots and lots of money for lawyers and compensation soon breaching contracts and signing diff contracts on top the other. MANNY is heading like MIKE TYSON soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:45 pm 
Heavyweight

Thats why GBP hates BOB so much.. But Bob is very clever, he knows what he can do with so much influence he is enjoying.. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:16 am 
Welterweight

Location: "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog" by Mark
Bob is "shady" to the bone!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:22 am 
Cruiserweight

if there's a clause in the contract, then why did Manny sign it. Who's fault is that?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:09 am 
Heavyweight

DobyZhee wrote:
if there's a clause in the contract, then why did Manny sign it. Who's fault is that?

Because Pac wanted that easy 3 million dollars plus PPV percentage against EM.
Pac thought EM was chop suey all the way.