Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:06 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:40 am 
Heavyweight

Lakeshow9 wrote:
pound4pound1 wrote:
Lakeshow9 wrote:
pound4pound1 wrote:
i cant believe doby found a way to bring star wars into his analogy :biglaugh:

where, where? lol

f'n doby man:

"Wrong on all counts, Think of Arum as Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars. Erik Morales was like Count Douku. He was old, he served his purpose. Enter Anakin Skywalker aka Manny Pacquiao. He's young, he's bad *** he's got tons of potential. He kills Count Douku, palpatine has a new replacement"

bwahaha.

but understand, I do
:swordplay:

who's GBP? is Obi Wan = Roach? who's yoda lol

:biglaugh: buboy is c3po

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:26 am 
Cruiserweight

musang114 wrote:
that is what you call. "shrewed businessman". in tagalog and bisaya "maru"

OR WE CAN CALL HIM "SWITIK"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:53 am 
Middleweight

Manny needs real honest true friends and advisers at this time of his career. FR and Buboy are one of those plus somebody a very good lawyer who undestand the law. Not like some of his associates rigth now, who cannot give good advices to Manny and has vested interest. Remember the case filed by Sydney Hall and Bebot Elorde on the Morales- Pacquiao I thats one a managerial dispute that leads to loosing around 300th dollars of Manny's purse. And now it happened again, when will this end?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:09 am 
Heavyweight

wadu wrote:
So why did Bob Arum put in the clause that Manny can't sign with another promoter until after the fight? I'll tell you why, because the scumbag did not want to put in any risk for the next contract. he wanted to make sure that manny would win first before he gives him a signing bonus. Arum was never confident that manny can dispatch Erik morales. Afterall, he is the one who funded Erik's Velocity training regimen. This is why I don't trust this guy man. All this lawsuit hoopla would not have happened if Manny lost to Erik. He would have given him straight to Oscar. Do you know why? because Manny would not be worth as much money as he is right now if he lost that fight. Oscar on the other hand was willing to make that gamble and was there to sign Manny before the fight took place. He knew that Manny would destroy Erik in that fashion. Did you see how easily Bob let Erik morales go after the fight. He didn't even encourage Erik to stay at the Post fight press confernce. If he truly cared about Eric, he would have had high praises for him in front of the media. But erik is just the past for Bob now. Not even a speech for the great Erik Morales that Bob arum knows by the way might have made his last post fight confernce in Las Vegas. No love shown at all. and right after the fight, after the destruction of Erik, Arum declares he is now promoting Manny for good. Makes me sick man. I swear, I believe that DelaHoya is the better move for Manny. I am really concerned about this move as this will dictate Manny's future fights. Oscar is young and rich. he does not need to suck on Manny. Oscar would know what is best for a fighter as he was a fighter himself. What can Bob do for Manny? all the best fights are in the Golden Boy stable now. After a valero fight, who will manny fight next? I hope I'm wrong as I can see Arum winning that lawsuit. If that clause is in the contract, then manny is bound by that and therefore cannot sign with another promoter, making the GBP contract invalid. I hope everything will turn out good for Manny.

money is da first priority 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:10 am 
Heavyweight

You hit it in the ball!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:18 am 
Heavyweight

wadu wrote:
So why did Bob Arum put in the clause that Manny can't sign with another promoter until after the fight? I'll tell you why, because the scumbag did not want to put in any risk for the next contract. he wanted to make sure that manny would win first before he gives him a signing bonus. Arum was never confident that manny can dispatch Erik morales. Afterall, he is the one who funded Erik's Velocity training regimen. This is why I don't trust this guy man. All this lawsuit hoopla would not have happened if Manny lost to Erik. He would have given him straight to Oscar. Do you know why? because Manny would not be worth as much money as he is right now if he lost that fight. Oscar on the other hand was willing to make that gamble and was there to sign Manny before the fight took place. He knew that Manny would destroy Erik in that fashion. Did you see how easily Bob let Erik morales go after the fight. He didn't even encourage Erik to stay at the Post fight press confernce. If he truly cared about Eric, he would have had high praises for him in front of the media. But erik is just the past for Bob now. Not even a speech for the great Erik Morales that Bob arum knows by the way might have made his last post fight confernce in Las Vegas. No love shown at all. and right after the fight, after the destruction of Erik, Arum declares he is now promoting Manny for good. Makes me sick man. I swear, I believe that DelaHoya is the better move for Manny. I am really concerned about this move as this will dictate Manny's future fights. Oscar is young and rich. he does not need to suck on Manny. Oscar would know what is best for a fighter as he was a fighter himself. What can Bob do for Manny? all the best fights are in the Golden Boy stable now. After a valero fight, who will manny fight next? I hope I'm wrong as I can see Arum winning that lawsuit. If that clause is in the contract, then manny is bound by that and therefore cannot sign with another promoter, making the GBP contract invalid. I hope everything will turn out good for Manny.

You know what bro...if Manny's advisers, lawyers and managers had been wise enough and studied all other options...our champ would have had the best offer in the world.

Here are the cast of MP:
Rex “Wakee” Salud : close friend and confidant
Franklin “Jing” Gacal : Pacquiao’s lawyer
Nick Kahn: lawyer
Keith Davidson : lawyer
Shelly Finkel : Manager

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=4401

If these people had been so intelligent enough, they could had dictated Top Rank Bob Arum's contract. Just a cent of my opinion.

:wink: czp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:28 am 
Cruiserweight

pound4pound1 wrote:
i cant believe doby found a way to bring star wars into his analogy :biglaugh:

Hah..I had to explain it in lehman's terms and Star Wars was the best analogy. Of course, my credibility went out the door too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:39 am 
Heavyweight

In the name of Money.. there are no true friends.. Greedy people are often rich and powerful and intelligent.. :lol: