Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:04 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:12 am 
Heavyweight

heroe_del_silencio wrote:

No kidding. My heart was ponding like crazy right before the beel rang. It then went away as Morales landed the first punch. Then it came back when Morales was in serious trouble. It's all like an adrenaline rush. However, I can see how some extreme fanatics can have a heart attack.

i felt the same thing on the 3rd Round of Pac vs Larios.. i thought that the punch will humiliate Manny in front of our ppl..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:15 am 
Heavyweight

heroe_del_silencio wrote:

By the way, betting does not make you a hardcore boxing fan. Millions of people bet money only when De La Hoya fights, and don't give a crap about boxing after that fight. I don't usually bet, by the way. Do you?

i do.. but not online.. i do bet against some pacquiao haters in our area.. i won against them during the rematch, last week, and the biggest was against MAB.. lol, they hated pacquiao coz he's arrogant in pool halls when losing.. but i dont care, pac is only a human..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:16 am 
Bantamweight

Last Sunday, one construction worker was believed to have a heart attack in front of his television because of too much excitement on the victory of his favorite boxer who is no other than Manny ''Pacman'' Pacquiao

The victim's name is George Bugna, Sr.47, worked as driver in a construction firm and resided in Brgy. Kabituonan in the city of Toledo(CEBU)

His wife Lydia who had a talk with DyLA yesterday said that her husband's mouth was suddenly paralyzed while actively witnessing the action-packed fight between Pacquiao and Erik Morales.

During the fight their television was surrounded by her husband and their kids. Bugna(the victim) got so anxious and somewhat roll on the floor everytime he saw Pacquiao dominating Morales during the torrid exchanges from the first round til the third round

According to reports, the victim's body was suddenly paralyzed as it slammed on the floor while Pacquiao unleashed the finishing blow to Erik Morales, who at that time was just seating on the canvass and conceded to the Pinoy boxer

One of their kids George thought that his father was just joking because it was one of the traits of their father,being a funny man. But when he noticed that something wrong was really happening, they rushed him to the district hospital but unfortunately he was announced DOA(dead on arrival)

The incident was not reported to the Police Office but one of the relatives of the victim who happens to work in Toledo Police Station named Josie Maaba,42, told BANAT news that the victim has always been healthy and fit and never complained about any health problems whatsoever.

"He has always been a healthy guy and was never admitted before in a hospital because of an illness," said Maaba

Maaba believed that because of being too ecstatic and being an avid fan of Manny Pacquiao who won the fight, triggered the heart attack that they never knew Bugna had had long before.

(courtesy of jam_gutz)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:19 am 
Bantamweight

Quote:
i do.. but not online.. i do bet against some pacquiao haters in our area.. i won against them during the rematch, last week, and the biggest was against MAB.. lol, they hated pacquiao coz he's arrogant in pool halls when losing.. but i dont care, pac is only a human..

I bet it's hard to be humble if you the best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:21 am 
Heavyweight

Good_Jab wrote:
Quote:

I bet it's hard to be humble if you the best.

its hard to be humble if you're losing millions in a pool game.. :biglaugh: :peace: