Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:34 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:59 pm 
Cruiserweight

morales

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:11 pm 
Heavyweight

Erap wrote:
How can it be Morales if Barrera beat him twice?

IMO I always consider it suspect if a boxer wins via decision......and MAB failed to KO EM during their trilogy.......

So, it's EM for me......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:50 pm 
Welterweight

can't say.. both lost miserably to manny.

Last edited by fv2007 on Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:26 pm 
Heavyweight

I guess it's Erik! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:56 pm 
Lightweight

MORALES dahil nka punta na sya dito sa pinas at naka inuman nya pa c manny e c MAB wala pa takot lg nya bka e deport sya pabalik ng mexico. :bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:30 pm 
Welterweight

Morales rules, after pacman. hehehehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:32 pm 
Heavyweight

morales.. no doubt!!!

:drinking:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:37 pm 
Lightweight

For me, Morales is the better fighter..... :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:55 pm 
Lightweight

I just have to say it's Morales. The result of their trilogy is not an accurate basis to say Barrera is a better fighter than Morales. The body of work of both boxers should carry more weight in determining which fighter is superior to the other. While all three fights in the Barrera-Morales series are life and death struggles, the performances of both fighters against common opponents reveal more.

Barrera lost twice in conclusive fashion to Junior Jones, a fighter Morales had no trouble knocking out. Barrera also lost miserably to Manny Pacquiao, while Morales was able to make at least two of the three Pacquiao fights very competitive, even winning the first fight at least in the eyes of most people, You can't just look at the Barrera-Morales trilogy and make a conclusion right then and there that the winner Barrera should stand on a higher plane when history is to judge the worth of these two great fighters.

The trilogy is a very personal and emotional affair for the two Mexicans, more so to Morales. I agree with the experts who say Morales simply loses his mind everytime he goes up against Barrera. He was simply trying too hard, which makes the fight harder for himself, and easier for Barrera to win. Had Morales chose to box and use his ring smarts, like what Barrera started doing since the re-match, Morales could have won on points without trouble. Pride gets the better of Morales everytime Barrera shows his face to el Terrible.

A jabbing, defense-conscious and stylish Morales could have easly outpointed Barrera in all three fights but then again, that's really not his style although Morales is very capable of fighting that kind of fight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:31 pm 
Lightweight

Erap wrote:

i'll tell you why. All three fights were very close, and most analysts believe that any time those two pugs go to war, it will be a pick em' fight. All three bouts were so close that neither boxer came out to be clearly dominant over the other. Since barrera won the trilogy though, you have a goodpoint. But barrera has been conquered by two men. Junior Jones and Manny Pacquiao. Erik Morales defeated both of those men. Erik morales has also been against more elite competition than barrera. I think Morales is the better boxer, but only by a small margin and it is arguable. but if morales regains a forth title in lightweight division, then there is no argument...morales will have the greater legacy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:41 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Tweeker Aliens wrote:
Erap wrote:

i'll tell you why. All three fights were very close, and most analysts believe that any time those two pugs go to war, it will be a pick em' fight. All three bouts were so close that neither boxer came out to be clearly dominant over the other. Since barrera won the trilogy though, you have a goodpoint. But barrera has been conquered by two men. Junior Jones and Manny Pacquiao. Erik Morales defeated both of those men. Erik morales has also been against more elite competition than barrera. I think Morales is the better boxer, but only by a small margin and it is arguable. but if morales regains a forth title in lightweight division, then there is no argument...morales will have the greater legacy.

correct. and I hope Erik will go for it...4 titles..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:11 pm 
Heavyweight

barrales

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:32 pm 
Welterweight

Pacland's list wrote:
barrales

Bisaya term for tuna.. hehehe

That's the food of pacman.. lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:04 pm 
Lightweight

Morales...............he even won one fight against the Pacman when Barrera barely won a single round with Pac.

Last edited by shananigans on Fri May 25, 2007 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 7:11 pm 
Heavyweight

Morales does better than Barrera because Erik can brawl and therefore more exciting to watch. Barrera is just a passive fighter who depends on his counter punching ability. :D :D :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next