Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:58 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:57 am 
Light Heavyweight

IT'S NOT ABOUT PROVING WHY MANNY WILL FIGHT BARRERA ITS THE TITLE AND THE BELT ARE INVOLVE,,,,EVEN IF MANNY WILL FIGHT MORALES NO TITLE OR BELT ARE INVOLVE BUT IF HE FIGHT AND BEAT BARRERA HE WILL BE THE TITLE HOLDER ALTHOUGH MONEY WOULD BE JUST THE SAME WHOEVER HE WILL FACE BUT IF IM MANNY TITLE AND THE BELT ARE IMPORTANT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:04 am 
Heavyweight

crafty wrote:
yeah you're absolutely right... he was "destroyed" by MP already but still he is the current 130lbs CHAMPION... so, for PACMAN to established himself as the legitimate P4P fighter, he should go for those belts.... unless he is now SCARED to fight MAB

SCARED? i dont think so. its the other way around dude. MAB just recently come out from the chicken cage when he knows that PAC will need a fight here in our beloved country or if Erik excercise his right to rematch.

How come he called Pac just now? Remember Pac always calling him for rematch and yet he ignored them? Its because Pac is on top of him on P4P lists dude. and you know it is $$$ that MAB wants. He doesnt play boxing as life but as a profession. And as to you, hmmmm. You see, you want to see boxing but you dont know how they play the game. thats not a boxing fan. I pity you man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:05 am 
Bantamweight

Sorry PACLANDERS... but I am now starting to doubt's MP courage... If money will be the issue.. no doubt it might even surpass MP last purse with EM...If they say timing is the problem, LARIOS fight is not yet sealed...( I think) MAB vs MP will be more fun to watch than with OSACAR or even the 3rd fight with EM.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:09 am 
Middleweight

[quote="crafty"]I just can't imagine what is happening with Team Pacquiao.... Before, they were eagerly awaiting the challenge of MAB to fight MP.. they were pursuing the rematch with the soonest time... BUT, now that MAB accepted the challenge and pursues negotiations, Team Pacquiao suddenly turned around and ignores the negotiations... ano ba talaga? It's the right opportunity to stage the fight or else MAB will fight somebody... [/i][/quote]

Ano ba talaga?

It's because of Barrera's team moronic attitude. Remember before the result of MP-EM 2, they're biatching that the winner of the fight will be the mandatory challenger (bec. they thought that EM would do the same in the 1st match). Unfortunately, EM was sent to oblivion. That prompted Team Barrera to stay away from Manny and challenge JC in the LW division, instead. Well, karma didn't let them escaped from their foolish act (JC got injured in the training). Knowing that Manny is already loaded w/ eschedule for the rest of the year, they (BARRERA CHICKEN TEAM) started to make nonsense noise again. Perhaps, in reality, they just want to draw the crowd from Manny's side- by merely mentioning his(Manny) name before heading to other lesser caliber champions in the other sanctioning bodies. Bro, we fight fans are not totally *****, that couldn't get what's in the head of GOLDEN GIRL PROMOTIONS. hahaha...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:15 am 
Cruiserweight

crafty wrote:
I just can't imagine what is happening with Team Pacquiao.... Before, they were eagerly awaiting the challenge of MAB to fight MP.. they were pursuing the rematch with the soonest time... BUT, now that MAB accepted the challenge and pursues negotiations, Team Pacquiao suddenly turned around and ignores the negotiations... ano ba talaga? It's the right opportunity to stage the fight or else MAB will fight somebody... [/i]

All we need is wait for further developments on how Manny's camp will respond to the challenge. There must be legitimate reasons for their uneagerness to challenge, and that may have something to do with legal procedures and the like.Manny's camp doesn't want to spoil the precedent agreements he had made with both Larios and Morales upcoming fights

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:16 am 
Lightweight

A lotta people are really confused. For me I know this is the opportunity PAC has been waiting for to prove once and for all who was the real winner in the first fight. On second thought why should PAC feel he is the one who has something to prove when it should be the other way around? MAB should be the one with smoke billowing from his nose wanting a rematch come hell or high.

On the financial aspect Pacquiao wants a fight for the Filipinos to watch right on their home turf live that PAC himself will promote and make additional money with ABS-CBN (one thing though SOLAR has been so supportive of PAC since the beginning that I think PAC should give them the benefit of coverage). However, with MAB going out in public and giving a chance to the fight that everyone in the world has been praying, desiring, and wishing for if PAC goes out and fights another opponent patsy or not... I don't think that fight will sell as good as before MAB called him out..... Whats your take guys.

I know Team PAC has things on their mind.. I know for sure he is not chicken.. Timing and mindset is also one thing that has to be taken into consideration. When your mind is set to fight a particular person on a particular date then it changes in a bat of an eyelash its gotta affect your psyche.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:19 am 
Heavyweight

make him wait!!!

fight Larios or anybody then fight Morales if he still wants to. Mandatory my A55!!! Sulaiman just want another boxer to wear and rent their belts. Manny will still be their no.1 challenger...as long as he stays in that division, and beat EM again in the third match. even if MP wont accept this fight now, he will always be at the belt's doorstep..all he need is knock after beating all the contenders. besides they want it to happen in May..i think thats too soon. there wont be a new MAB in the next fight...look at how he performed in his last couple bouts. he's the same boxer...the only thing i think will be new with MAB on the second fight is that he'll be steppin in the ring with his new found balls on his throat.

make the fight in the PI happen first then if EM doesnt want a third fight, then take MAB. Mandatory or not MAB wont have any choice but to fight MP or move to another division.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:21 am 
Strawweight

Di naman ganun, if you read MP side, and according to Roach, maraming naka line up ke MP, at gusto kasing sundin yung nasa contract na rubber match ke Morales. Pray nalang natin na umatras si Morales at si Barrera ang lalabanan ni Pacquiao. Surely, kung tanggapin man ni MP yang laba na yan ke MAB, next year na yan. Kasi september yung ke Morales eh. Tapos xmas seaon.

crafty wrote:
I just can't imagine what is happening with Team Pacquiao.... Before, they were eagerly awaiting the challenge of MAB to fight MP.. they were pursuing the rematch with the soonest time... BUT, now that MAB accepted the challenge and pursues negotiations, Team Pacquiao suddenly turned around and ignores the negotiations... ano ba talaga? It's the right opportunity to stage the fight or else MAB will fight somebody... [/i]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:34 am 
Heavyweight

crafty wrote:

"Before Manny was where he is right now, every time we tried to get a fight with Barrera, there was always a reason they didn't want the fight."....Roach

:D

http://forum.philboxing.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=212005&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=30

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:34 am 
Heavyweight

Manny's paying out too much $ to his administration too be confused. Everything happens for a reason and I'm trusting that camp Pacquiao will make the right decisions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:48 am 
Flyweight

My honest opinion bro - Team Pac is doing the right thing which is follow their scheduled fights. If neither of the said fights happen, then they may consider scheduling a fight with MAB. I mean, who needs redemption anyway? It's MAB. And who's on the TOP OF THE HILL now? It's our hero, MP. I think Barrera has to wait for his turn, right? Common now, Barrera may have most of the ABC belts but who has the respect and recognition of fight fans as the best Super Featherweight now? It's MP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:55 am 
Heavyweight

eddyboi2k4 wrote:
crafty wrote:
yeah you're absolutely right... he was "destroyed" by MP already but still he is the current 130lbs CHAMPION... so, for PACMAN to established himself as the legitimate P4P fighter, he should go for those belts.... unless he is now SCARED to fight MAB

Honestly, I'm having doubts myself if Pac really wants to fight MAB. I mean this is his opportunity to even surpass Mayweather as the best P4P fighter in the world(if he wins), but I guess Pac has other motives. :(

you can also kiss each other :lol:
you really think PAC could surpass PBF is he beats mab??
who is mab??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:02 am 
Welterweight

I think what Freddie is trying to say is that Manny's on top of the pecking order now. Manny don't need to jump when MAB or whoever else says so. Manny calls the shots. If he wants the fight, it'll be on his own time and terms and choosing.

I hope his management also gets him the larger share of the purse this time. Should be at least twice as much as MAB's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:06 am 
Heavyweight

Crafty is more confused than Team Pac. Napaka simple lang, Pacquiao's plate is quite full right now. Its business, Barrera is out of timing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:06 am 
Middleweight

Hey Crafty, Manny is definitely not afraid of MAB. And for you to question that shows your inexperience in the sweet science. It's all about negotiating. Team Pacquiao doesn't need to jump at the first challenge MAB issues. Just like MAB didn't jump at the first 50 challenges Manny issued in the past. MAB is in no position to be declaring any ultimatums. Manny will offer him a fight when the time is right. Geez, MAB just challenged him a couple days ago. Slow your roll.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next