Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:22 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:22 am 
Cruiserweight

Location: I have my tickets for Heroes Del Silencio's one-night only concert in the USA!!
I just found out about the solidification of the Pacquiao-Barrera rematch. I must say I am extremely disappointed, as I believed Pacquiao wanted to fight the best fighters in the world. The reason behind the failure to make other big fights happen was the rivalry between the two promoters. However, now that a settlement was reached they try to cram this fight down our throats. Well, I definitely won't be buying this PPV fight.

One this is very clear at this point: Pacquiao is becoming a total puzzy. He challenges Diaz, then runs and hides once the challenged is accepted. He then declares that Soto and Barrera are no match for him, only to end up fighting the weaker of these two fighters. Good job, Mrs. Pacquiao.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:39 am 
Heavyweight

heroe_del_silencio wrote:
I just found out about the solidification of the Pacquiao-Barrera rematch. I must say I am extremely disappointed, as I believed Pacquiao wanted to fight the best fighters in the world. The reason behind the failure to make other big fights happen was the rivalry between the two promoters. However, now that a settlement was reached they try to cram this fight down our throats. Well, I definitely won't be buying this PPV fight.

One this is very clear at this point: Pacquiao is becoming a total puzzy. He challenges Diaz, then runs and hides once the challenged is accepted. He then declares that Soto and Barrera are no match for him, only to end up fighting the weaker of these two fighters. Good job, Mrs. Pacquiao.

:shock: :lol:

PACLAND: where pacquiao fans around the world congregate.

To talk about floyd! LMFAO!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:03 am 
Cruiserweight

Quote:
However, now that a settlement was reached they try to cram this fight down our throats. Well, I definitely won't be buying this PPV fight.

I disagree. This is a good fight that many people will surely watch except for you knowing your favorite MAB will be beaten like an old newspaper.....

Quote:
One this is very clear at this point: Pacquiao is becoming a total puzzy. He challenges Diaz, then runs and hides once the challenged is accepted. He then declares that Soto and Barrera are no match for him, only to end up fighting the weaker of these two fighters. Good job, Mrs. Pacquiao

Don't worry buddy those mexicans you mentioned above will have their day with the PacMan kissing the canvass.....just wait and see.

Why will you not buy this pay per view fight? The last time you see your idol MAB fight....but then again it will be too painful for you to see him kissing the canvass... :( :(

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:19 am 
Welterweight

it's barrera's request or he will retire. Its MAB who cannot wait, he plans to retire this year.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:05 am 
Cruiserweight

Location: I have my tickets for Heroes Del Silencio's one-night only concert in the USA!!
PrimaVera wrote:

Quote:
However, now that a settlement was reached they try to cram this fight down our throats. Well, I definitely won't be buying this PPV fight.

I disagree. This is a good fight that many people will surely watch except for you knowing your favorite MAB will be beaten like an old newspaper.....

Quote:
One this is very clear at this point: Pacquiao is becoming a total puzzy. He challenges Diaz, then runs and hides once the challenged is accepted. He then declares that Soto and Barrera are no match for him, only to end up fighting the weaker of these two fighters. Good job, Mrs. Pacquiao

Don't worry buddy those mexicans you mentioned above will have their day with the PacMan kissing the canvass.....just wait and see.

Why will you not buy this pay per view fight? The last time you see your idol MAB fight....but then again it will be too painful for you to see him kissing the canvass... :( :(

This fight will be as big as Pacquiao-Solis lol. We will never know the PPV figures for this fight either. Pacquiao can't fill an arena bu himself the way Morales and Barrera did during their peak. I guess Pacquiao will continue fighting old, washed-up fighters who have a solid fan base. Manny "El Pollo Filipino" Pacquiao.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:19 am 
Middleweight

Nah. I'd like to see Pacquiao-Arce first. I'd like to see Pacquiao give the beatdown on Arce first. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:30 am 
Light Heavyweight

Have you taken your meal Heroe?Pac never challenged Mr.Fatty ABS Diaz,he only said he knows how to beat him...Maybe in the Future,they are going to meet,not now...and besides,Manny will never go up to 135lbs...Roach already said that Pac's final fighting weight is at Superfeatherweight w/c is 130lbs...If Diaz really wants to fight the PACMAN,why don't he go down to 130lbs and then ask Pac to Bring it !!!Your only saying this kind of words because you know right now that nobody in your country can beat the MAN...That's why your asking a BULLY to fight with a smaller fighter...You want Manny being Punished by a BIGGER Guy(Fatter haha),so that all your FRUSTRATIONS from your country's future Hall of Famers can be AVENGED by FLUBBY Diaz...Get real!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:06 pm 
Cruiserweight

PrimaVera wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

This fight will be as big as Pacquiao-Solis lol. We will never know the PPV figures for this fight either. Pacquiao can't fill an arena bu himself the way Morales and Barrera did during their peak. I guess Pacquiao will continue fighting old, washed-up fighters who have a solid fan base. Manny "El Pollo Filipino" Pacquiao.

I don't care if it is only as big as the PacMan-Solis fight....just the pleasure of seeing another one of your paisano beaten into retirement is worthy enough....and then your mama, JMM , is next...and then your kid name Soto's next canvass kissing destiny....and then your baby weasel - Baby "weasel" Juan Diaz cannot be far behind...the potential of mexican boxer extermination by the "mexicutioner" PacMan is simply appetizing, eh.... :D :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:07 pm 
Heavyweight

PrimaVera wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm just wondering....why boxers whom beaten by PAC became old and washed up instantly?
What if PAC beats Soto,Valero and Guzman, do they become old overnight? :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:01 pm 
Cruiserweight

THE MEXICAN wrote:

:shock: :lol:

Obviously you can't believe in what your paisano is talking about, eh... :( :( :( :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:59 pm 
Welterweight

Not close to Mayweather. This is what most people wants to see and the fight the promoters get good money. Agree though that Barrera isn't the best out there, but what's the point of fighting the best when there is not much to gain?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:21 pm 
Cruiserweight

el_niño_misutoy wrote:

Not close to Mayweather. This is what most people wants to see and the fight the promoters get good money. Agree though that Barrera isn't the best out there, but what's the point of fighting the best when there is not much to gain?
Manny doesn't make all the decisions by himself. He got a promoter not one but two promoters already. Would you want to be accused in court by breaching a contract? and indicted afterwards? I must admit not one in the contract I knew very well, do you?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:16 pm 
Cruiserweight

Bro. heroe... is just frustrated and disappointed at that, as the Mexicans will not be able to get their revenge against the Pacman.

It is like prolonging the agony of the Mexicans with the best of their best being waylaid by Manny one-by-one. The line is long and is getting longer. You should hurry up and help your fellow Mexicans discover new talent that can match up with Manny.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:37 pm 
Heavyweight

Last I heard majority of the Mexican people want a Pac-Mab II fight. This is what they have been wanting to see ever since the 2003 destruction of the baby-faced assasin.I think it's fair to say this is going to be huge PPV wise. The promoters know it, the networks know it. People in the know, know it. No one's forcing you to watch it. If you really are a true Barerra fan/Mexican boxing fan it just makes sense for you to root for your hero regardless of what he brings to the table. Your hero needs you now and the best thing one can do is to support him no matter what the experts or the odds say. That my friend is called faith. That's what me and the various Filipino Pac fans have. That's why regardless of our hero's shortcomings outside the ring we know when he comes in the squared ring it's a totally diffrent story. I remember When Manny had a draw with JMM then subsequently lost to Morales in their first fight. The so-called boxing people in the know were quick to say that the Pacman was an over-rated fighter and has been exposed. That hurt but we Filipinoes never lost faith, never doubted Pacquiao. This is what a true fan is. Win or lose our support never wanes. This is the same faith that feeds our hero, Manny's desire to win. As relentless as he is on the ring his fans are just as relentless in supporting the most exciting fighter in the world. People keep wondering what formula makes this little 130 lb fighter the lion that he is? I'll tell you: Heart, courage, hardwork and the spirit of his people is what made our Manny Pacquiao the champion he is today.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:50 pm 
Heavyweight

There was already a Mrs Barrera and Mrs Marquez ducking Pacquiao before the Pacman became peacemaker to Arum and De la Hoya, opening doors to great fights and helping to save boxing. And he knocks out his opponents, not hit and hug or hit and run.

Heroe is just worried that one of the most popular Mexican boxers right now in Barrera will be seen being destroyed in the ring again. At least Diaz is still working on his name and is naturally bigger than Pacquiao (again, like EM and MAB but even more). Soto is not an icon like MAB is. Guzman and Valero are not even Mexican. So not another dent to the Mexican boxing dominance of the lower weight classes if Pac beats them up.