Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:09 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:40 am 
Light Heavyweight

Alzheimer's Cure wrote:
c4pacfan wrote:
I agree Pacquiao should fight a better fighter, I must say no more weak Mexican fighters like Barrera, Morales and Marquez. I am also disappointed that Pacquiao ended up fighting Barrera which he gave the beating of his whole career. What is the odds on this fight anyway? I remember one comment mentioned by the commentators on the first fight that the only way Barrera can beat Pacquiao on a rematch is to poison his food!!
The only positive thing for me on this fight is, this will prove Barrera that its not because he was interrupted by his training why he lost, its because Pacquiao's skills are way too much for him...I rest my case.
Hey why not set up your own promotions, signed-up Pac then allow him to chose opponents that there's no way you can recover much of your investments. Please do it my friend so that maybe that will bring good fights that everybody wants to see and surely Ill make you my personal hero.... :stump: :stump: :stump: :stump: :stump: :stump:

Really, I feel honored by your remarks..lol I'll tell you what, If I become Pacman's promoter this would be the easiest task of my life. Really no I would not even sweat this out. So easy, our goal is to make everyone
in the world believe that Manny is the best of the super featherweight division. Ok now lets bring it on, ok lets now focus on the WBC champ Marquez who avoided Manny for a while. Draw?..ok fine, but is it really?
IMHO its not. Should Manny fight Marquez just to snatch the belt and the title?.even though it will still be a nice compilation to have. Its not really the best match that people wants to see. I have two objective here one its to prove Manny is the best the second is to make the highest PPV buys of Manny's career. Therefore the match will be Manny vs. Guzman, Guzman's ratings is at number 6 as a super featherweight but this guy undefeated and a monster on the ring. If Manny beat him convincingly in this fight, I dont think there is anyone on super-featherweight division that can touch him, In my honest opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:26 pm 
Welterweight

c4pacfan wrote:
Alzheimer's Cure wrote:
c4pacfan wrote:
I agree Pacquiao should fight a better fighter, I must say no more weak Mexican fighters like Barrera, Morales and Marquez. I am also disappointed that Pacquiao ended up fighting Barrera which he gave the beating of his whole career. What is the odds on this fight anyway? I remember one comment mentioned by the commentators on the first fight that the only way Barrera can beat Pacquiao on a rematch is to poison his food!!
The only positive thing for me on this fight is, this will prove Barrera that its not because he was interrupted by his training why he lost, its because Pacquiao's skills are way too much for him...I rest my case.
Hey why not set up your own promotions, signed-up Pac then allow him to chose opponents that there's no way you can recover much of your investments. Please do it my friend so that maybe that will bring good fights that everybody wants to see and surely Ill make you my personal hero.... :stump: :stump: :stump: :stump: :stump: :stump:

Really, I feel honored by your remarks..lol I'll tell you what, If I become Pacman's promoter this would be the easiest task of my life. Really no I would not even sweat this out. So easy, our goal is to make everyone
in the world believe that Manny is the best of the super featherweight division. Ok now lets bring it on, ok lets now focus on the WBC champ Marquez who avoided Manny for a while. Draw?..ok fine, but is it really?
IMHO its not. Should Manny fight Marquez just to snatch the belt and the title?.even though it will still be a nice compilation to have. Its not really the best match that people wants to see. I have two objective here one its to prove Manny is the best the second is to make the highest PPV buys of Manny's career. Therefore the match will be Manny vs. Guzman, Guzman's ratings is at number 6 as a super featherweight but this guy undefeated and a monster on the ring. If Manny beat him convincingly in this fight, I dont think there is anyone on super-featherweight division that can touch him, In my honest opinion.

Marquez not the best match that people want to see? Do me a favor and take a look at the "Who do you want Manny Pacquiao to fight next poll" on the home page. Over 50% of the votes want Marquez. Barrera is even before Joan Guzman. So as a promoter you would have failed proving Manny is the best and getting him the highest PPV buys of his carrer. For a promoter it's a no brainer for Pac to Fight Marquez they have a draw to settle. This is the fight people want to see and can't wait to see. If Manny is succesful he will be the champion, perhaps P4P king, and make a lot of PPV buys at the same time. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:30 pm 
Cruiserweight

c4pacfan wrote:
Alzheimer's Cure wrote:
c4pacfan wrote:

How many times do we have to prove to the world that Manny is the best man. He's proven it already many times and hearing those unsatiable yearnings from so many called Pac fanatics is very disgusting already! For me seeing him fight is enough, whoever it may be, I know Pac would always bring his best in the ring. MAB,JMM,Guzman,Valero,Soto,Diaz were all the same to me. They'll all look good lying on the canvas..... :headz: :headz:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:43 pm 
Heavyweight

Pacquiao is the Filipino version of Floyd Mayweather, Jr.

NO WAY!!!!!! What?????

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:09 pm 
Cruiserweight

Heroe_del_silencio is the mexican version of Big_Mac!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:20 pm 
Cruiserweight

PrimaVera wrote:
Heroe_del_silencio is the mexican version of Big_Mac!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

............should I say Floyd Mayweather-----for running away from the thread he started........shame on you, Heroe_del_silencio!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:28 pm 
so you're admitting that MAB is not a top notch fighter??

nothing but a real CRAP!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:53 pm 
Light Heavyweight

c4pacfan wrote:

Who told u that marquez is a weak mexican fighter??? IMO, we just got lucky we got the draw against JMM! the next time pac and JMM, pacman must train 10 weeks to defeat this guy! :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:26 pm 
Heavyweight

PrimaVera wrote:
PrimaVera wrote:

............should I say Floyd Mayweather-----for running away from the thread he started........shame on you, Heroe_del_silencio!!!!!!

He has no confidence on his fellow countryman. What a shame.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:39 pm 
Heavyweight

panday wrote:
[He has no confidence on his fellow countryman. What a shame.

...yeah, win or lose, he should be rooting for his countryman... :)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:44 pm 
Heavyweight

fidel wrote:
panday wrote:

Even I rooted for Bobby despite the odds.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:54 pm 
Heavyweight

panday wrote:
fidel wrote:
panday wrote:

Even I rooted for Bobby despite the odds.

Me too, I rooted for BobPac and I was very happy and excited when he wobbled Soto ... haha ... :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:19 pm 
Welterweight

heroe_del_silencio wrote:
I just found out about the solidification of the Pacquiao-Barrera rematch. I must say I am extremely disappointed, as I believed Pacquiao wanted to fight the best fighters in the world. The reason behind the failure to make other big fights happen was the rivalry between the two promoters. However, now that a settlement was reached they try to cram this fight down our throats. Well, I definitely won't be buying this PPV fight.

One this is very clear at this point: Pacquiao is becoming a total puzzy. He challenges Diaz, then runs and hides once the challenged is accepted. He then declares that Soto and Barrera are no match for him, only to end up fighting the weaker of these two fighters. Good job, Mrs. Pacquiao.

Whew.. up to you if you will not buy this PPV but don't even dare watching this fight even on You Tube.. coz this might be out of your principles too.. Just stare at the ceiling and wonder who will win this fight.. hee.hee..Good Luck... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:51 pm 
Heavyweight

I just found out about the solidification of the Pacquiao-Barrera rematch. I must say I am extremely disappointed, as I believed Pacquiao wanted to fight the best fighters in the world. The reason behind the failure to make other big fights happen was the rivalry between the two promoters. However, now that a settlement was reached they try to cram this fight down our throats. Well, I definitely won't be buying this PPV fight.

One this is very clear at this point: Pacquiao is becoming a total puzzy. He challenges Diaz, then runs and hides once the challenged is accepted. He then declares that Soto and Barrera are no match for him, only to end up fighting the weaker of these two fighters. Good job, Mrs. Pacquiao.

Your speculations are far beyond reasonable doubts. Why don't you get closer to what is real. How can a brawler be a Mayweather type- the one that runs away from opponents in the ring like a scared sh*t!!? :D :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:59 pm 
Middleweight

there's no shame fighting BARRERA, and he deserves a rematch. period.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next