Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:40 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:45 am 
Middleweight

If your "champion" is a boxer who wears those alphabet soup belts, then Manny isn't your champion. For me, it's the boxer who wins fights against the elite boxers, belt or no belt. And it ain't a joke.

Is this large enough for you? :peace:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:53 am 
Middleweight

diego_odchimar_iv wrote:
"he’s not keen on fighting for a world title because of the high sanction fees charged by the governing bodies. He estimated an average of $150,000 is taken off the purse of a fighter in his category to pay for title recognition by a “world” organization"

CAN YOU PACMAN A CHAMPION WHEN HE IS NOT INTERESTED IN FIGHTING FOR A CHAMPIONSHIP??????????????

THE SECTORS THAT CALLS PACMAN CHAMPION ARE:

MEDIA-BECAUSE THEY WANT TO USE PACMAN TO GENERATE SALES AND PROFIT.AN STORY ABOUT PACMAN WILL OBVIOUSLY GENERATE SALES,ADVERTISING INCOME ETC..

POLITICIANS-BECAUSE THEY USE A LITTLE PHOTO OPPORTUNITY WITH PACMAN FOR THEIR POLITICAL AMBITION.BUT WHAT HAPPENED NOW TO A FORMER MAYOR,FORMER GOVERNOR WHO RUN FOR SENATOR AND A BOXER WHO RUN FOR CONGRESSMAN BUT WAS DEFEATED BY AN INCUMBENT PETITE LADY SOLON????

GAMBLERS-BECAUSE, THEY DO NOT CARE,IF PACMAN WILL FIGHT FOR A CHAMPIONSHIP OR A NON TITLE FIGHT BECAUSE THEY WILL EARN IN GAMBLING EVERY TIME PACMAN FIGHTS. BUT WE'RE A THOSE MILLIONS OF FILIPINOS WHO LOANED MONEY JUST TO BET A CHANCE ON PACMAN?

I MAINTAINED,IT IS NOT CRAB MENTALITY OF DISLIKING PACMAN.I WANT HIM TO BECOME A WORLD CHAMPION.I REPEAT FOR THOSE DUMB PACLANDERS HERE,I WANT PACMAN TO BECOME A WORLD CHAMPION BECAUSE HE SAID BEFORE THAT HE IS NOT INTERESTED IN FIGHTING FOR A WORLD CHAMPIONHIP BECAUSE OF SANCTION FEES.

I REPEAT, I WANT PACMAN TO BECOME A WORLD CHAMPION.

CAN YOU THINK OF NBA WITHOUT CHAMPIONSHIP FIGHT?
MISS UNIVERSE WITHOUT THE TITLE?
TENNIS WITHOUT WIMBLEDON TITLE?

NOW, PACMAN-BARRERA, A NON TILE FIGHT???

NOW, CAN YOU CALL IT A TRAIT OF A CHAMPION????????????????

Let me ask you this bro, would rather have him fight Mzonke Fana, the IBF champion, and have MP pay that ridiculous sanctioning fees than fight MAB just for the sake of fighting for the belt? All these so called alphabet belts interest is collecting their sacntioning fees and the moment they have the chance to screw you, they will so they can collect more sanctioning fees. Think about this bro, if MP has one of those belts besides the ring magazine belt, they will require him to defend this title against their so called "mandatory challengers" or be stripped of the title. This means lesser money than fighting for those higher profile bouts.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:25 am 
Middleweight

malkovic wrote:
what happens to the mental institutions :shock: now adays? do they have security guards?

LOL
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:46 am 
Middleweight

win or lose, pacman is still the people's champ!! nobody can ever change that!

hi to JCO, Emz and Robert

Last edited by boy_bikoy on Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:48 am 
Heavyweight

So you need a championship belt? Right?
Don't you know Pacquiao is a WBC Superfeather weight International Champion?
So mayroon pa ring BELT si Pacquiao.

"A wise man is superior to any insults which can be put upon him, and the best reply to unseemly behavior is patience and moderation."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:28 am 
Heavyweight

...champuionship belt can't put food in the table, it's the prize.... :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:33 am 
Middleweight

Let me ask you this bro, would rather have him fight Mzonke Fana, the IBF champion, and have MP pay that ridiculous sanctioning fees than fight MAB just for the sake of fighting for the belt? All these so called alphabet belts interest is collecting their sacntioning fees and the moment they have the chance to screw you, they will so they can collect more sanctioning fees. Think about this bro, if MP has one of those belts besides the ring magazine belt, they will require him to defend this title against their so called "mandatory challengers" or be stripped of the title. This means lesser money than fighting for those higher profile bouts.[/quote]

Promoters are higher than sanctioning bodies. That's the truth! The pros and cons on this discussion has a point. Manny really needs a belt, that's true and Who needs belt and less money than no belt but more money, that's also true.

My point here is that it's not true that Manny avoided the belt because of sanctioning fees. Manny wants belt. But remember boxing is also a business as well as a sport and Manny is not a promoter and a boxer. With the things going on, Manny is near in wearing belts (not only a belt). Huwag lang kayong magmadali. Let's enjoy the moment.

For the above quote also that regarded a belt as nothing (alphabet belts). then why celebrate our 3 boxers who got these belts? Having a belt is very very important. Just don't be in a hurry. If Manny retires without any belt is SF then let's just say it's not really for him or missing the oppurtune time and don't blame PACMAN.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:51 am 
Heavyweight

Gerald Anderson wrote:
diego_odchimar_iv wrote:
"he’s not keen on fighting for a world title because of the high sanction fees charged by the governing bodies. He estimated an average of $150,000 is taken off the purse of a fighter in his category to pay for title recognition by a “world” organization"

CAN YOU PACMAN A CHAMPION WHEN HE IS NOT INTERESTED IN FIGHTING FOR A CHAMPIONSHIP??????????????

MEDIA-BECAUSE THEY WANT TO USE PACMAN TO GENERATE SALES AND PROFIT.AN STORY ABOUT PACMAN WILL OBVIOUSLY GENERATE SALES,ADVERTISING INCOME ETC..

POLITICIANS-BECAUSE THEY USE A LITTLE PHOTO OPPORTUNITY WITH PACMAN FOR THEIR POLITICAL AMBITION.BUT WHAT HAPPENED NOW TO A FORMER MAYOR,FORMER GOVERNOR WHO RUN FOR SENATOR AND A BOXER WHO RUN FOR CONGRESSMAN BUT WAS DEFEATED BY AN INCUMBENT PETITE LADY SOLON????

GAMBLERS-BECAUSE, THEY DO NOT CARE,IF PACMAN WILL FIGHT FOR A CHAMPIONSHIP OR A NON TITLE FIGHT BECAUSE THEY WILL EARN IN GAMBLING EVERY TIME PACMAN FIGHTS. BUT WE'RE A THOSE MILLIONS OF FILIPINOS WHO LOANED MONEY JUST TO BET A CHANCE ON PACMAN?

I MAINTAINED,IT IS NOT CRAB MENTALITY OF DISLIKING PACMAN.I WANT HIM TO BECOME A WORLD CHAMPION.I REPEAT FOR THOSE DUMB PACLANDERS HERE,I WANT PACMAN TO BECOME A WORLD CHAMPION BECAUSE HE SAID BEFORE THAT HE IS NOT INTERESTED IN FIGHTING FOR A WORLD CHAMPIONHIP BECAUSE OF SANCTION FEES.

why are you shouting??

He's not shouting, he accidentally hit the Caps Lock....

:D :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:55 am 
Heavyweight

Gerald Anderson wrote:
diego_odchimar_iv wrote:

why are you shouting??

hehehe..sensitive pala itong si Gerard! :lol: :lol:

"A wise man is superior to any insults which can be put upon him, and the best reply to unseemly behavior is patience and moderation."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:01 am 
Heavyweight

diehard fan wrote:
:D hehehehe so you are not joking huh!!!!!!!!!

Not Joking...

Just Kidding...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:04 am 
Welterweight

diego_odchimar_iv wrote:

Ur such a cry baby,boxing is a business bro..
Hahhaha. Belt is not much counted nowadays,look at JMM.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:07 am 
Middleweight

diego_odchimar_iv wrote:

WOW! Another person cathing feelings. LOL It's not that serious. If anything e Ring magazine title is the only true title to even have. Well at least before Gay La Hoya bought the magazine.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:09 am 
Welterweight

diego_odchimar_iv wrote:

I suggest you look up Pacman's bios in BoxRec. Pacman's been 2 division world champion and is reigning WBC international champion. He's defeated the best of world champions and he's facing 3 division champion and a future Hall of Famer in Barrera on Oct. 6. What would you suggest to call Pacman then? A world champion without a title, a People's champion, a Champion's champion, words, words, words, I don't even understand what's the fuss is all about!! Iyo na ang belt mo.Besides how can somebody claim a legitimate world champion nowadays with so many world sanctioning bodies.

Last edited by johnbosays on Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:11 am 
Cruiserweight

Gerald Anderson wrote:
diego_odchimar_iv wrote:

why are you shouting??

there's prolly drunks using Xtreme Magic @ his house...

neways on topic, who cares...

Oh it's so soooft.

Ahh! Your p*ssy hates me...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:36 am 
Bantamweight

diego_odchimar_iv wrote:

put down your Capslock or else...... :gun: :banghead: lol lol
incase you dont know what capslock is..here it is..

Definition of Capslock
A function of a keyboard key, that switches the keyboard driver to the capitals case, but does not influence keys with digits and other characters. The capitals lock is a case key: by pressing it, the corresponding function is switched on or off.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next