Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:46 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:37 pm 
Heavyweight

metapel wrote:
Quote:
typo error.. magiliw pala.. sana hindi maging magiliw si manny kay JMM sa nov. para naman sulit "free PPV" (sino nga ulit poster ang may sabi neto? Free PPV daw.. hehehehe.. bespren ni gene dati.) ko..

si siopao special ata bro... :biglaugh:

oo nga pala. ehehehe. si siopao. galing ng logic noon grabe. free ppv. :lol: :lol: :lol:

"The wretch concentered all in self, Living, shall forfeit fair renown,
And doubly dying shall go down, To the vile dust from whence he sprung,
Unwept, unhonor’d and unsung." -Sir Walter Scott

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:38 pm 
Light Heavyweight

noel3393 wrote:
SIOUX1104 wrote:
You just want an answer that will satisfy your ego! But with such kind of proposition and thinking you have, even the dumbest of the dumb will own you big time :lol:

And you are the dumbest of the dumb? Well, so sorry po talaga.

I should have known better pala. Ipagpaumanhin nyo na lang po sana. Sori po ulit.

Ill take that as a compliment anytime :lol: i hope it satisfies you now :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:39 pm 
Cruiserweight

pacsfire wrote:
metapel wrote:
Quote:
typo error.. magiliw pala.. sana hindi maging magiliw si manny kay JMM sa nov. para naman sulit "free PPV" (sino nga ulit poster ang may sabi neto? Free PPV daw.. hehehehe.. bespren ni gene dati.) ko..

si siopao special ata bro... :biglaugh:

oo nga pala. ehehehe. si siopao. galing ng logic noon grabe. free ppv. :lol: :lol: :lol:

pati nga ata yung free live streaming ppv din eh...ewan naliligaw na tayo.. :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:39 pm 
Light Heavyweight

metapel wrote:
^^

wag yan masyado mahaba papahirapan nyo naman si larry merchant nyan... :biglaugh:

Mas maganda raw pakinggan yan :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:34 pm 
Cruiserweight

dukotboy wrote:
noel3393 wrote:
No, it was not a typo error. It was my mistake – an honest mistake. I was never good at Tagalog to begin with. I think it should be dropped from the school curriculum altogether and instead then use the “vacated timeslot” for learning English dahil yon ang may mas malaking pakinabang sa ating lahat para tayo umunlad.

Dine debate ko pa yong Pipilino subject teacher ko noon sa college because I see no point in learning Tagalog kung sa overseas naman ang punta namin (Seaman po ang kurso ko). Sabi ko alangan naman Tagalogin naming yong mga Kano pag daong namin sa Amerika, o di kaya Tagalogin ko rin yong mga Hapon kung nasa Japan kami … etc. She gave me only a passing grade after that incident but I had no regrets.

If learning English is the way to become succesfull how come Italy, France, Japan, Germany who are members of the 8 most rich countries in the world (include now the rising Chinese) majority of their population don't speak nor understand English?

gumagawa ng lusot ang mukong bro dahil cornered na talaga at ayaw pang sumuko. mahirap bang sabihin ang: "SORRY to all paclanders, i really don't know the meaning of the line"? sa palagay ko mas madaling sabihin yan kesa reply ka ng reply sa mga commentors sa thread mo na mas marunong kesa sa 'yo na nag umpisa ng thread. Sad but True. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:36 pm 
Heavyweight

I once had a conversation with a friend thru fb a few days ago, and we talked about patriotism and the flawed filipino culture.

"First thing," i told him, "There is no such thing as a perfect culture. But since time immemorial there has always been an exemption to the rule - I am proud to say that the filipino culture is flawless, pristine, pure and for lack of a better word; PERFECT."

"Why do you say that?" he asked me. "How can you say that we have a flawless culture?"

I told him these:

"We are flawless because we've graciously retained the century-old mentalities of our ancestors. Obsequious and vapid followers of the strong and mighty (in our generation's case; the rich and famous), fickle-minded and a short-term memory, forgiving to the point of folly and of course ridiculously lazy. "Did we or did we not retain these qualities, these damn virtues, if you will call it that?" I asked, challenging him. Thankfully, he acquiesced and said, "True but you forgot one thing. We are Filipinos."

"Aguy.. Then I forgot the proverbial cog that unites all of these together." I said, "Filipino Pride. And with it, is the sense of Entitlement."

Filipinos love to harp on the success of others.

----
to be continued.. uwian na kasi.. hehehehe.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:16 pm 
Heavyweight

pacsfire wrote:
I once had a conversation with a friend thru fb a few days ago, and we talked about patriotism and the flawed filipino culture.

"First thing," i told him, "There is no such thing as a perfect culture. But since time immemorial there has always been an exemption to the rule - I am proud to say that the filipino culture is flawless, pristine, pure and for lack of a better word; PERFECT."

"Why do you say that?" he asked me. "How can you say that we have a flawless culture?"

I told him these:

"We are flawless because we've graciously retained the century-old mentalities of our ancestors. Obsequious and vapid followers of the strong and mighty (in our generation's case; the rich and famous), fickle-minded and a short-term memory, forgiving to the point of folly and of course ridiculously lazy. "Did we or did we not retain these qualities, these damn virtues, if you will call it that?" I asked, challenging him. Thankfully, he acquiesced and said, "True but you forgot one thing. We are Filipinos."

"Aguy.. Then I forgot the proverbial cog that unites all of these together." I said, "Filipino Pride. And with it, is the sense of Entitlement."

Filipinos love to harp on the success of others.
Sense of Entitlement. Filipino Pride. You found them all in antipinoy, right?
----
to be continued.. uwian na kasi.. hehehehe.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:39 pm 
Heavyweight

noel3393 wrote:
To natromgon,

Batikos is a strong word. Pinupuna I think is better. You see, kahit sa translation from Tagalog to English (and vice versa) nagkaproblema pa. How difficult can it be if we try to master both Tagalog and English? Dapat isa na lang siguro.

Pinupuna ko si Shamcey hindi dahil sa nag-English sya kundi dahil sa sinasabi nya. It did not matter to me kung nag English sya o nag Tagalog. Ang sinasabi nya ang mas importante.

Payag ako na pag-aralan ang Tagalog/Pilipino pero at least hanggang high school lang. Huwag na sa college dahil na compromise ang time na gagamitin para sa pag-aaral ng English.

bro kung pagninilayan mong mabuti ang "batikos" at "pamumuna" ay pareho lang

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:42 pm 
Heavyweight

chitotwothousandseven wrote:
noel3393 wrote:
To natromgon,

Batikos is a strong word. Pinupuna I think is better. You see, kahit sa translation from Tagalog to English (and vice versa) nagkaproblema pa. How difficult can it be if we try to master both Tagalog and English? Dapat isa na lang siguro.

Pinupuna ko si Shamcey hindi dahil sa nag-English sya kundi dahil sa sinasabi nya. It did not matter to me kung nag English sya o nag Tagalog. Ang sinasabi nya ang mas importante.

Payag ako na pag-aralan ang Tagalog/Pilipino pero at least hanggang high school lang. Huwag na sa college dahil na compromise ang time na gagamitin para sa pag-aaral ng English.

bro kung pagninilayan mong mabuti ang "batikos" at "pamumuna" ay pareho lang

Go for 2nd ring mavs!!! :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:06 pm 
Cruiserweight

o siya sige na, tapusin na ito, patawarin na si bro noel, ok naman sya sa ibang posts/topics, sensible naman. talaga lang dapat nya ring ipaglaban ang stand nya, syempre, ika nga, " ang mamatay nang dahil sayo'.... meaning he will fight to the death, jsut to defend his honor or principle or stand, whatever that is... 8)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:20 pm 
Heavyweight

Patawarin? Did I do wrong?

Do our boxers need to die in the ring just to prove they love our country? Can they not lose and yet still live for their families?

Nag uudyok ang slogan for them to win and die trying because failing to do so would make them less Filipino.

Their lives may be on the line each time they climb the ring but do they have to take it literally and seriously?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:41 pm 
Heavyweight

sobra nga sa N kasi nga noel ka ......

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:47 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Sad :(

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:40 pm 
Heavyweight

YO wrote:
Sad :(

Yes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 224 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15